Shadowfall - The Blade of Souls

Battal

Joseph nods, somewhat wary of one of his questions creating a bad response from White, the newcomer. "Violet, Will, and I will be able to help you from here." He stopped speaking at that, unwilling to grant her, and perhaps even himself, false hope by saying they may be able to find a way out.

(Okay, let's do this.)

Bael brushed the shadows away, as he appeared in the materiel plain.

"Everyone, I'm baaaack! And I've brought some fantastic news!"

There was no response.

"You all are so boring. Anyway, I'll just say what you want to hear and leave. I have a base to continue clearing out. The throne is essentially ready to be taken. There are no further obstacles. You feel free to do whatever you want with anyone I send here. Except for the boy, Will. He is my plaything, and mine alone. Any of you who so much as touch him will be painfully and slowly obliterated. I do believe that's all."

Bael suddenly felt...something in the shadows.  This was not the usual group of shades he had been expecting.  The air was cold, he noticed.  Not just with a regular freeze, but with malice, with a primordial hatred that sent chills down his spine.

As such, he was not expecting a sweet, motherly voice to emit from the darkness.

"Oh, you're not leaving now, are you?  You've only just arrived."  The voice said, each word accompanied by a sound like crunching snow.  "Do sit down."

A massive weight shoved down onto Bael's shoulders, forcing him into a chair that seemed carved out of a pure white crystal.  No, not crystal; ice.

Edited by Lord_Battal

"Ooh, you are certainly more hospitable! I like it! Do you want to hear the gory details, then? That was just the summary."

Bael crosses his legs, almost as if he was a little girl and ready to gossip about boys.

"Should I start from the beginning, or the jail break? You must already know about my attempt to arm you."

"I am already quite aware of what has transpired."  The voice says.  "I always keep a close eye on such...interesting events.  No, I require your aid with this."

A table (also constructed entirely from ice) slides up to Bael, stopping inches in front of him.  On top of it lies a sword covered in a piece of cloth.

"Do you know what this is, Bael?"  The voice asks, in the tone of a teacher quizzing a small child.

One of the demons began enthusiastically waving it's arm back and forth, raised high into the air. "Ooo! Ooo! Choose me! I know!"

"A locket? I don't mean to pry, but what's in it?" Joseph finally turned around to look at White, his expression only showing a tiny bit of curiosity.

"Oh my, you certainly are amazing. To think, you'd give me this sword? The sword that fell Shadowfall? His own blade? Oh, when do I get to kill something with it? I wonder what it sounds like! What it feels like! What it tastes like!"

Bael is practically jumping up and down on his seat in excitement. He suddenly stops and regains composure.

"I- I'm sorry. I lost myself for a minute. What exactly do you need me to do?"

"Just a picture of me and my family."

White, who had been fiddling around with the locket, opened it and gently unfolded the picture inside. She gazed at the picture with a small smile and chuckled lightly.

"Do you wanna see it?" She said as she looked back up at Joseph. Her voice and expression displayed a hint of warmth and trust.

"Oh my, you certainly are amazing. To think, you'd give me this sword? The sword that fell Shadowfall? His own blade? Oh, when do I get to kill something with it? I wonder what it sounds like! What it feels like! What it tastes like!"

(@_@)

A hideously dessicated hand, thin and pale as bone, reaches out and places a protective hand over the blade.  The hand is entirely encased in crystalline ice, the surfaces of the frozen material rough and covered in gashes. 

"I am not giving my servant to you, no."  The voice says.  "You are far too unstable, and I sincerely doubt he would take kindly to you...examining him."

Joseph watched White in return, no trust nor warmth showing on his face in return. He was, however, very surprised to see trust coming from someone he almost had killed, and this trust quickly turned into a flicker of suspicion. "If you'd be ready to talk about the contents of it." He spoke evenly, but not so coldly this time.

Edited by Blewcheese

"What a way to get one's hopes up. So, what do you need me to do? I've got a little bit of time, those people are going no where."

Bael pulls out his knife and compares it to the sword that was laying in front of him. He pressed the button to elongate it, but still let out a small sigh of disappointment.

"How come all the other bad guys get the good weapons? Shut up, we're talking."

Bael covers his mouth, and lets out a small nervous laugh.

"S-sorry about that... it happens sometimes."

"Oh, I could talk about my family all day. The trick is getting me to shut up!" White's smile increased as her voice showed signs of excitement. After all that's happened these past couple days, especially today, she was just excited to talk to someone like a normal person.

(Now I'm going to go too bed. Goodnight!)