Shadowfall - The Blade of Souls

Battal

'Welp, here goes nothing.'

White swings her spear horizontally at the shade. It disappears before the spear makes contact, but she turns and continues the swing behind her, hoping the shade will teleport into it.

Edited by MenaAthena

The shade instead teleports directly in front of White, striking her in the face and throwing her backwards.  Her spear goes flying out of her hands.

<I am not some member of a mindless horde.>  It hisses, tormenting her with mental agony.  <Tricks like that could not even fool a child of my race.>

Violet and Will rub their heads, and rise to their feet. Will notices the Shade being encased in ice, and is immediately reminded of Snowfall. He falls to his knees, grasping his head in pain. Violet holds her sabre in both of her hands, and charges at the shade. She raises her sword into the air, and brings it down over its head.

The shade vanishes as Violet strikes at it, leaving an empty mold of ice where it was.  The sabre gets stuck in the ice, and the Forgotten appears behind White, holding its bladed arm against her throat.

<My orders do not include you; merely the girl.  Drop your weapons, or I will convert her, and all the static electricity in the world will not bring her back.>  It hisses in a dangerously calm voice.

The shade hisses in delight.  <Quite the contrary, I'm afraid.  First, your skin will burn off your bones.  Then, your jawbone will weave into your skull, cutting off your ability the speak, save for your screams of pain and suffering.  And then...you will be pushed into the back of your mind, to forever weep as everything dark and evil about you takes control of your body.  This is the fate that awaits you.>

The Forgotten speaks these words in its normal calm tone, then looks up at the others.

<So I'd suggest you release your hold on your weapons.>

"I don't care about her. She'll still die eventually. Everyone does. I'm more concerned with getting rid of-"

Will grabs Violet from behind, and kicks her ankles out. Her sabre falls to the snow-covered ground.

"We can't let her die, and I'll kill you before I let her die again."

"Again!? What the f**k are you talking about!? We don't even know her!"

Will kicks Violet's sabre away.

<Oh, don't you worry.>  The shade says privately to White.  <I'm sure my mistress will have a far worse fate for you in mind.>

It the turns to leave the clearing, then takes one last look at the group.

(I think we'd both assumed you meant for that to be telepathic, and, for simplifying purposes, Joseph sets up a telepathic "link" between those he talks to, meaning everyone that is linked can hear, in this case, Joseph, Will, Violet, and White.)

As the shade had turned to leave, Joseph had sent Pops's blade flying at the shade's head.