Shadowfall - The Blade of Souls

Battal

"I think that's all the traps. We got a fair bit. Let's head back."

Joseph and Will walk back into camp, with 5 rabbits in hand.

"We're going to have a nice dinner tonight. With what we already have, these rabbits will give us an extra piece of food, each. 2 morsels and 2 handfuls of berries each."

"Oh, we have enough food. After what we'd have tonight, we'd have 15 morsels, 13 handfuls of berries, and 7 carrots left. Not to mention the traps will keep a flow of food coming our way."

As the sun already begins to set, Will lights the fire and gets the food cooking.

"Besides, a full stomach will help us get ready for the challenges ahead of us. Going through that door, the other side of it is worse than here."

"It'll take you, the clothes on your back, and for some people, it'll take their special item. So, I'd wager it'll take your sword, my dagger, and Violet's sabre. We won't need to worry about winter gear, the door won't take that much clothing. When we cross over, all of our injuries will heal, we'll be full, and our mental state will be fixed. The only reason we're waiting for you, White, to recover, is so you don't die on the way. If you do, I have no idea what will happen to you."

"Well, it's not a building. We're going to be transported to a new world that is, for the most part, the same as this one. The worse part, though, is that we'll face a challenge. There will be five worlds we will have to go through, each with its own challenge. I have no idea what challenge each world will give us for sure, but I know some that we might face. A world in endless winter, a world with faster moving seasons, a a world separated in good and evil, and a world of pure darkness. Those are the four I know that we might face. We could very easily be surprised. There's no order to it. We have to be ready for anything."

"The very bad thing that happens is that all life ends. So that would not be good. We need to get to the throne, and from there, I can get us out. Just like last time. Then, we'll all be free. From this place, we'll all be able to go back to real world."

"You're hilarious. We aren't going anywhere until you can travel. We don't even know where the door is. It could be really far away for all we know, and you aren't fit to go very far the way you are now. We can't risk you dying, because I have no idea what would happen then."