What do you think will come after Dont Starve Together

Anything is possible with Klei.

I also like the idea of that Egypt/Aztec/Ancient civilization biome (more Thulecite maybe). But it should be part of the Caves, deeper down.

Anyone played Uncharted? You know how Drake and Sully never find these massive preserved living/breathing (normally filled with zombies) above ground. That's what I'm sort of suggesting here but with a Don't Starve spin on things.

dont starve: wilsons fortune

I could bet you they're gonna make a DLC called Don't Starve The Way which would give us another Adventure Mode by which if we go through, we could finish the game as in leave the world, and may be we would see a cutscene of player getting back home or something.

I could bet you they're gonna make a DLC called Don't Starve The Way which would give us another Adventure Mode by which if we go through, we could finish the game as in leave the world, and may be we would see a cutscene of player getting back home or something.

Except it sits them back down where Maxwell is tricking them to come to the island. It cuts off before they make their decision, leaving the player wondering "Do they remember or is it an endless cycle?" 

Has Klei made any official statement for how far they plan to expand Don't Starve after DST? I'm with you guys for support of continued new content into the future, and would love to see Don't Starve receive long-term updates, even if they're spread further apart than before, but I really can't tell if they plan to do so eventually or if we're just indulging in some wishful thinking.

I know with Don't Starve Together there were some statements to the effect of, since the game's single player experience is as robust as it is now, that they can move onto the challenge of multiplayer. I feel like that doesn't say with finality one way or the other whether they're going to continue expanding the game or that they're stepping back from single player development altogether during and after the multiplayer is implemented.

Given the discussion around the forums such as this very thread, it sounds like people are expectant of more content so I want to believe that single player development halting altogether won't be the case. They've discussed quite a few features that they planned to implement and/or dropped as well, like the Tesla biome and apparently Lava caves I've heard about a couple times now, which could certainly be added at a later date. I just feel like with mod support being pretty robust now, at some point Klei will want to leave the game to let the community grow it on their own, especially since they're moving on with Invisible Inc. and other future projects.

At some point I'm certain they will do so, but I'm just not sure if that's going to happen sooner, like immediately after DST comes out, or later on, like once they've exhausted the content that they've started work on in the past (like the Tesla biome, seriously, I'd love to see more Volt Goats and other strange scientific marvels).

Here is more of what I'd like to see rather than speculating.

Another DLC - talks of the Lava thingy sounds cool, all for it!

New Adventure Mode with next DLC

More cut scenes/story

Create a Character

Even More DLCs

And even more DLCs

-items:

snowman, scarecrow, endothermic torch.

-turfs:

bamboo, vinyl.

-enemies:

magma monsters, water dwellers.

tweaks:

lava caves (you overheat easily), underwater (requires diving suit)

-characters:

wiggles - pigman

perk

can befriend pigs (evenmore) - when he attacks something, nearby pigs will too)

has hunger of 350 (loses hunger 1.5x faster)

does 33 damage (like a pig)

can go through pig guard farms without danger

has +3 inventory slots (cannot wear a backpack)

can build his own house (like a pig house)

spiders will immediatly attack when they spot him.

Anything is possible with Klei.

I also like the idea of that Egypt/Aztec/Ancient civilization biome (more Thulecite maybe). But it should be part of the Caves, deeper down.

Anyone played Uncharted? You know how Drake and Sully never find these massive preserved living/breathing (normally filled with zombies) above ground. That's what I'm sort of suggesting here but with a Don't Starve spin on things.

I have.

don't get me started on the first game!

Except it sits them back down where Maxwell is tricking them to come to the island. It cuts off before they make their decision, leaving the player wondering "Do they remember or is it an endless cycle?" 

Ow, man, in the feels. 

That's kind of intense. 

I really like what you said earlier about expanding the insanity mechanic, though. Can't wait to see how it functions in DST first. 

I'd love a new adventure mode.  I've beaten it twice now, and I'm working on a third (I'm not a masochist, I'm just trying to unlock Wes, and I can't seem to convince myself that I don't need to complete it if I didn't find him) and now I'm wishing there were more options for different worlds, or new goals or something.

Archived