Will Don't Starve Together work with RoG?

We can't give you a definite answer, but I would say most likely as long as everyone you choose to play with has RoG.

Do you know if mods will work, as in, if you have a mod, and the other player has the same mod, would it work?

Do you know if mods will work, as in, if you have a mod, and the other player has the same mod, would it work?

That's what they're aiming for. Best case what they want is for you to be able to automatically download the mods necessary when you join the server. Worst case scenario is that everyone that wants to join must go and manually download all the mods the server has.

That's what they're aiming for. Best case what they want is for you to be able to automatically download the mods necessary when you join the server. Worst case scenario is that everyone that wants to join must go and manually download all the mods the server has.

Do you know if making a server for just a friend and you to play on is possible, or will you need to do all the port forwarding fancy jazz, or will you just be able to select one of your worlds and open it to your friends?

I also wonder how sleeping/resurrecting/woodie's blackout/mandrakes/pan flutes will work.

This update comes out (roughly) around the birthdays of myself and my brother.

My only question: Can you kill each other?

PvP will be optional. So I suppose if you have have PvP turned on, you CAN kill who ever you like :)

See the latest update from JoeW (latest pinned thread) and also join in the discussion if you want here: http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/36216-pvp-in-pve-for-dont-starve-together-announced-as-optional/

I need to know this piece of information, based on that I'll buy RoG. I know it's 5 bucks but I wanna know if it's worth the while. That's what keeps the checkout on hold.

Even if (and I stress if) it's not part of DST, it is definitely worth to buy for the single player experience. If you enjoy Don't Starve, you will most probably (99.9% sure) enjoy RoG and may even never touch vanilla Don't Starve ever again.

Even if (and I stress if) it's not part of DST, it is definitely worth to buy for the single player experience. If you enjoy Don't Starve, you will most probably (99.9% sure) enjoy RoG and may even never touch vanilla Don't Starve ever again.

I only put 70 or more hours into the game, dying countless times and trying again and finally on a stable world where I put over 100 days with my lovely panic room. But I haven't fully discovered the game, I still haven't discovered ruins or entered any cave. Once I fully get the hang of the vanilla I'll buy the DLC.

Do you know if making a server for just a friend and you to play on is possible, or will you need to do all the port forwarding fancy jazz, or will you just be able to select one of your worlds and open it to your friends?

I also wonder how sleeping/resurrecting/woodie's blackout/mandrakes/pan flutes will work.

They are aiming for a universal "punch through" server which essentially means you shouldn't need to do any port forwarding if that happens.

They are aiming for a universal "punch through" server which essentially means you shouldn't need to do any port forwarding if that happens.

So, you can just say, "Hey, join my game" and it works?

I hope so, I have a friend who got Reign of Giants and I have a friend who's probably going to get Reign of Giants... So probably?

Fudge it, I had the same concern but I bought the DLC anyways, after doing some research it turned out that the DLC provides double the content that's already present in Vanilla, much harder and much better though.

The game is challenging, just like how games were in the old days.  :love-struck:

I need to know this piece of information, based on that I'll buy RoG. I know it's 5 bucks but I wanna know if it's worth the while. That's what keeps the checkout on hold.

I only put 70 or more hours into the game, dying countless times and trying again and finally on a stable world where I put over 100 days with my lovely panic room. But I haven't fully discovered the game, I still haven't discovered ruins or entered any cave. Once I fully get the hang of the vanilla I'll buy the DLC.

Fudge it, I had the same concern but I bought the DLC anyways, after doing some research it turned out that the DLC provides double the content that's already present in Vanilla, much harder and much better though.

The game is challenging, just like how games were in the old days.  :love-struck:

Welcome to the party...and RoG made it like a whole new game for good and for ill. But overall i highly respect it...except those durn giant attacks *shakes fist at ruined walls and foods and ashes of used-to-be-structures* ;) 

Havent seen you since the RoG beta days, welcome back I think.

Suprisingly little amount of backlash from the community with the multiplayer announcement.

(You seem pretty popular so I thought I would welcome you back, praise the beaver overlords)

Havent seen you since the RoG beta days, welcome back I think.

Suprisingly little amount of backlash from the community with the multiplayer announcement.

(You seem pretty popular so I thought I would welcome you back, praise the beaver overlords)

Yeah, well-formed explanations and frequent updates from developers would do that for a project, and exponentially multiply that for it being Klei with their history :-)

(And all hail our beaver overlords...the leader is named Watson :grin:

Welcome to the party...and RoG made it like a whole new game for good and for ill. But overall i highly respect it...except those durn giant attacks *shakes fist at ruined walls and foods and ashes of used-to-be-structures* ;)

The pot got cooked. - Wilson examining a burned crockpot

Archived