Custom character - Grim from The Grim adventures of Billy and Mandy

Compatible with the main game and Reign of Giants!

Now you can play Don't Starve with Grim from The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy.

Enjoy the custom dialogue and a different character!

GgSwYDv.png?1

Has high health but low sanity and hunger.

Lower sanity drain during night and near monsters.

Starts with his scythe in his inventory.

Scythe summons shadow tentacles randomly to aid you in combat ( pic kind of outdated. scythe looks better now):

3yS3PeD.png?1

Still a bit WIP, so take that in mind. Am planning to make a custom container for him. (it is my first character that I have worked on)

Download link here:

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/files/file/784-grim-from-the-grim-adventures/

Screenshot:

uKXa1je.jpg?1

At first, I didn't intend to upload it but it turned out ok in the end and you all deserve to able to use him.

Special thanks for the help of wod better and dryicefox.

Feel free to post improvement ideas.

Am currently working on the scythe. It's almost done with it's features but I have trouble getting the textures to load correctly. The scythe currently works as a (invisible, at the moment due to me failing somewhere) melee weapon which summons shadow tentacles randomly on attack.

Adding minimap icon soon also. Wilson's face is a placeholder.

if the log says it can't find the file, specify it in the assets (together with the altas I hope :razz:) as an "IMAGE" and/or load it when needed (then the name is literally just the name, no path, no file format)

EDIT: Glad to hear it's fixed :wilson_smile: Although I didn't even help. Great mod btw

if the log says it can't find the file, specify it in the assets (together with the altas I hope :razz:) as an "IMAGE" and/or load it when needed (then the name is literally just the name, no path, no file format)

Fixed it. :p There was a problem with the setbank association.

Scythe added and updated files uploaded :)

Now compatible with Reign of Giants!

Separate download file named Grim_rog.zip is the only one you need to play as Grim if you have Reign of Giants.

Enjoy!

Oi, hei. You could do what Klei did with the black and have an outline and fill the inside with scribble and denote the turns in the hood with white like they do with the hands. Or scribble in a circle,

Oi, hei. You could do what Klei did with the black and have an outline and fill the inside with scribble and denote the turns in the hood with white like they do with the hands. Or scribble in a circle,

Good suggestion. I am still kind of playing around with the art... I'm not entirely sure how I would do that... I'm asking myself: "Stay truer to original cartoon art?" or "make it blend in with Don't Starve art more?". Plus I'm not the best artist around either. Drawing with a mouse isn't optimal to draw cartoony art either, I think. All in all, I don't know any good tricks/techniques to make my art look smoother/better.

Trying to improve, though. I'll try scribbling more and see how it looks.

Good suggestion. I am still kind of playing around with the art... I'm not entirely sure how I would do that... I'm asking myself: "Stay truer to original cartoon art?" or "make it blend in with Don't Starve art more?". Plus I'm not the best artist around either. Drawing with a mouse isn't optimal to draw cartoony art either, I think. All in all, I don't know any good tricks/techniques to make my art look smoother/better.

Trying to improve, though. I'll try scribbling more and see how it looks.

I could try and help. I'm not much of a quick artist. I procrastinate and try to stay true to the style so much it hurts.

As you can see in my profile picture, I've taken quite some effort to stay true to the don't starve style with coraline's new atlas.

I'll take a whack at it. Speaking of art!

@ThePreChewedTree , I'm still waiting for that art or the illustrator file, I want one and/or the other.

Archived