I find it slightly amusing that your idea for having them make this movie is spamming the devs until they do.

well if they get enough requests they will think that is what the people want and they will try there best to make it

I've never actually seen you negative though.

We're in two different ballparks of positivity lol. You'd be surprised how often I type out paragraphs full of cynicism then click away from the site so I don't post it.

I know nothing about it, but if the Lego Movie was as large of a success as it was, this thing has a chance.

Note that every single video game movie has been a piece of junk.  And those movies had stories and characters to work with.  Minecraft has no story, no characters, dreadful graphics, and is like cigarettes; you tell yourself it's good, but it's just addictive. 

Anyways, we should probably get back on topic.

Note that every single video game movie has been a piece of junk.  And those movies had stories and characters to work with.  Minecraft has no story, no characters, dreadful graphics, and is like cigarettes; you tell yourself it's good, but it's just addictive. 

Anyways, we should probably get back on topic.

While i don't think Don't Starve should have a movie, whether or not every video game movie has been a 'piece of junk' is opinion based.

Now, let's get back on topic.

Note that every single video game movie has been a piece of junk.  And those movies had stories and characters to work with.

Do you know WHY this is, Battal? I know why, and i'll tell you.

Because, essentially, the vision is lost on money-hungry Hollywood idiots. They are never, ever made by the game dev studio people. If a game dev ever made a movie about their product, I'd bank money on it not being crap.

Do you know WHY this is, Battal? I know why, and i'll tell you.

Because, essentially, the vision is lost on money-hungry Hollywood idiots. They are never, ever made by the game dev studio people. If a game dev ever made a movie about their product, I'd bank money on it not being crap.

Precisely.  It's just an effortless attempt to cash in on a popular concept.

Valve, for example.....they're intending to eventually make a Half-Life movie, when and if HL3 gets out.

But, to avoid derails:

I would also like to see a DS movie. By the devs. Because they sure as heck ain't giving us proper storyline exposition in the game, THAT'S FOR SURE. My desire is one of neccessity, not greed of wanting to see the game expressed in every possible fashion.

Valve, for example.....they're intending to eventually make a Half-Life movie, when and if HL3 gets out.

But, to avoid derails:

I would also like to see a DS movie. By the devs. Because they sure as heck ain't giving us proper storyline exposition in the game, THAT'S FOR SURE. My desire is one of neccessity, not greed of wanting to see the game expressed in every possible fashion.

If it's just story you're after, the best way is for Klei to release weekly episodic videos here. You know, like the teaser trailers, but longer and incorporating everything we know or don't know so far.

I would definitely Subscribe.

Note that every single video game movie has been a piece of junk.

Wreck-it Ralph says "hi".

Even though I wouldn't mind a Don't Starve movie, it is far from being top-priority on my list.  I'm sure it would be a great opportunity to introduce some  backstory and lore to the characters, but right now, I'd rather the devs focus effort an man-hours into bettering the actual game itself.

Archived