Sharing Food

I think there should be a sharing knife that cuts food in half so that you can share it with the other player. 

Such as if I have cooked meat and cut it in half, it would give 12.5 hunger instead of 25.

Maybe it should be crafted with twigs and flint, considering that you can make a ax with the same materials.

This isnt a bad idea. But it does seem a little unnecessary...

I agree with this. It has some merit, but it arguably decreases the value of food. 2 guys starving with one piece of food at night time, isn't an event that should be trivialized with a pseudo razor.

Not too fond of the idea, would eliminate food being scarce to a certain degree... It's already easy to turn something like a morsel, monster meat and 2 meat into a 150 hunger restoring meaty stew. DST should give the added difficulty of more mouths to feed, and the ability to split up any food with a tool, even if it has a durability, would make managing food at hand a whole lot easier (and I personally don't want DST to be easier and more forgiving than the SP).

Eh... I'm leaning towards no. Seems a bit over powering to be honest. If it were to be a thing though I think some food should be lost in the process. Such as 25 being cut into two 10 piece bits. (for some what balance, not logic)

Such a knife would remove an interesting mechanic of DST - managing food supplies. Without this device, players would have to more often than not settle for lower hunger-saturating (and more abundundant) food in order to feed their flock, rather than creating high grade food and splitting it (which would restore more hunger in total)

I like the creativity put into your idea, but I do see why others might feel that it makes the game too easy or is unnecessary. I'm one of the people who would love to see Klei run with some multiplayer specific ideas, however from my understanding Klei wants to have Don't Starve Together maintain the core feeling of the original game. Ideas like this are really awesome, but they would change that hardcore 'everyone for themselves' theme that Klei worked so hard for.

If I were to give some input on how this idea could be modified to suit the current trajectory of things, I would re-state the idea of 'feast' type food items. i.e. a few crockpot recipes that require a larger amount of resources to make, but can be eaten from a few times. 

I like the creativity put into your idea, but I do see why others might feel that it makes the game too easy or is unnecessary. I'm one of the people who would love to see Klei run with some multiplayer specific ideas, however from my understanding Klei wants to have Don't Starve Together maintain the core feeling of the original game. Ideas like this are really awesome, but they would change that hardcore 'everyone for themselves' theme that Klei worked so hard for.

If I were to give some input on how this idea could be modified to suit the current trajectory of things, I would re-state the idea of 'feast' type food items. i.e. a few crockpot recipes that require a larger amount of resources to make, but can be eaten from a few times. 

that's a better way to put it, I admit. Having a "birthday cake" that gives off light and can be eaten sounds cool.

Archived