Can't Spawn Krampus

Hello forum-goers!

I'm fairly new to Don't Starve but I dived pretty hard into researching the game after dying a few times at the start, determined to make a character last. I now have two games at roughly 450 and 550 days, and in my latter one, I decided I would try and spawn krampus to see if I could get lucky and get his bag. I play Wolfgang and I didn't adjust any of the options when I created the world (I just selected a new slot to play, chose the character, and didn't touch the options for world creation.) So after killing 50 bees (both in my bag, and one by one after dropping each one) nothing happened. I repeated this with butterflies, nothing happened. I tried rabbits, and yet again, nothing happened. So I was wondering; is possible to live in a world where the krampus option was just turned to 'none' by sandbox mode world creator? Or is it that I am doing something wrong when trying to summon him?

Hello forum-goers!

I'm fairly new to Don't Starve but I dived pretty hard into researching the game after dying a few times at the start, determined to make a character last. I now have two games at roughly 450 and 550 days, and in my latter one, I decided I would try and spawn krampus to see if I could get lucky and get his bag. I play Wolfgang and I didn't adjust any of the options when I created the world (I just selected a new slot to play, chose the character, and didn't touch the options for world creation.) So after killing 50 bees (both in my bag, and one by one after dropping each one) nothing happened. I repeated this with butterflies, nothing happened. I tried rabbits, and yet again, nothing happened. So I was wondering; is possible to live in a world where the krampus option was just turned to 'none' by sandbox mode world creator? Or is it that I am doing something wrong when trying to summon him?

Your "Naughtiness level" goes down with time, so it depends how long it took you to do all of that. If you want him to spawn very quickly, You should kill things that add more naughtiness, bee, rabbits are only 1 point.

1. kill glommer (rog only)

2. go around killing beefalo and/or birds, make a boomerang and go around killing birds/rabbits is usually what I do to spawn him quickly. 

Does killing them straight out of your bag work? Because that is practically instant, you can kill all 50 bees or butterflies in like 2 seconds. Otherwise, when you drop bees one by one, it only takes like two minutes or so of real time, you shouldn't lose very much naughtiness, if any in that time, no? But I tried both of these methods and I didn't even get hissing.

Does killing them straight out of your bag work? Because that is practically instant, you can kill all 50 bees or butterflies in like 2 seconds. Otherwise, when you drop bees one by one, it only takes like two minutes or so of real time, you shouldn't lose very much naughtiness, if any in that time, no? But I tried both of these methods and I didn't even get hissing.

are you using any "stacking mods" ?

what other mods you using?

they do count, however stacking mods make all mobs in stack count as one, and yes i fixed that for our mod ;)

are you using any "stacking mods" ?

what other mods you using?

they do count, however stacking mods make all mobs in stack count as one, and yes i fixed that for our mod ;)

I am not using any mods at all. I tried some more and could not spawn him in any way, I just assume the world creator set him to 'none'. Regardless, I gave up.

Since you haven't changed anything in the world customization screen, Krampus should be set on normal. Getting to 50 naughty points however may take quite awhile if you don't have enough bees and butterflies etc. I'm wondering, how many innocent creatures have you killed in a short amount of time? Have you heard Krampus' hiss whilst you killed said creatures? 

Smallbirds and baby beefalo are the fastest way to spawn Krampus outside of RoG, they each give 6 naughty points.

I killed a stack of 10,20,20 bees and butterflies and it didn't work (unless without mods stacks only count as 1 naughtiness). I then tried dropping and killing the bees one by one (all 50) and that didn't summon him either... it only took like 2 minutes total so no naughtiness should have gone down. I also dropped and killed 25 bunnies (also about 2 minutes) and I never even heard his hissing. I don't know what else to try (I already tried the pig/beefalo method and nothing...) Maybe I somehow have a higher cap for naughtiness?

I killed a stack of 10,20,20 bees and butterflies and it didn't work (unless without mods stacks only count as 1 naughtiness). I then tried dropping and killing the bees one by one (all 50) and that didn't summon him either... it only took like 2 minutes total so no naughtiness should have gone down. I also dropped and killed 25 bunnies (also about 2 minutes) and I never even heard his hissing. I don't know what else to try (I already tried the pig/beefalo method and nothing...) Maybe I somehow have a higher cap for naughtiness?

50 Naughty points should be the maximum amount of naughty points needed to summon Krampus. Again, if you did not hear any Krampus hiss whilst you were killing innocent creatures, it does seem that somehow your world generation put Krampus on none. To confirm this you could start a new world and make sure Krampus is set on normal by double checking the world customization screen. To speed up the process you could spawn in some smallbirds with DebugSpawn("smallbird") , kill them, and see if this time you hear the hiss and summon Krampus.

I have a similar problem. I have Krampus set to Lots and I've noticed that 4 pigmen dead is a guaranteed wave of Krampuses. Luckily I already got his sack, but oddly he refuses to spawn anymore no matter how many naughty deeds I do in quick succession. It's like he just gave up.

I have a similar problem. I have Krampus set to Lots and I've noticed that 4 pigmen dead is a guaranteed wave of Krampuses. Luckily I already got his sack, but oddly he refuses to spawn anymore no matter how many naughty deeds I do in quick succession. It's like he just gave up.

I guess he couldn't find a new incentive to live. Poor guy.

My current world is set on custom only by virtue of an autumnal start, and I get no 'hiss' so I'm pretty positive I inhabit a Krampus-less world.

Get that same problem with no pig king spawning in a bunch of games, too, which makes it almost prohibitive in that my strategy revolves heavily around feeding him excess pigskin for gold.

I need to figure out how to set up my world ideally for myself... and then they need to implement a way to save that setting.

Archived