Mod compatability with multiplayer?

Thanks, Some mods would be very useful. My only fear is that there will be more versions for mods like, Rog/ multiplayer compatible. That would turn into a nightmare.

There shouldn't really be multiple versions of a mod for the DLC. There are checks that modders can make to enable/disable parts of the mod if DLC is/isn't detected, so that any change they would need to make for DLC compatibility could easily be done in the mod itself. The same will likely occur for multiplayer.

I think the mod "Always on Status" should be added to the game or at least allowed to be used in multiplayer, because it measures their hunger / life / insanity, temperature, and naughtiness, is super informative and really helps the player. So in multiplayer would rather have mods, since they do not facilitate the game (as too many items).

I think that problem will be solved, if they make them server-side: Host/server is managing the mods and clients/players downloads them before entering the server. Hashing system to check, if something has changed on server side or client side (downloads missing/replaces changed files)... IMO this is the only way to play multiplayer in DS with mods...

Most mods don't make the game crash, and often they are not cheats, but additional content. :razz:

Sure they do ! In the description of some mod they say they are not compatible with another mod,that's a crash !

Some people have crash when they install a mod,that's crash too ! Maybe you and me have different visions of what mean crash ! I don't play with mods because I'm tired of restart a new game or lose a save !

2 Cheats? Are you sure? Well what abbout too many items,Infinite clothes/food/... They aren't cheats ? you should maybe like that kind of mods because it help and the game is supposed to be a survival game not a "try to stay alive with mods activated"

At lat display food values and always on status are not !

3-Additional content:if they were additional content then it's easy to say I survived 500 days with no mods because you can activate and remove them after !

Sure they do ! In the description of some mod they say they are not compatible with another mod,that's a crash !

Some people have crash when they install a mod,that's crash too ! Maybe you and me have different visions of what mean crash ! I don't play with mods because I'm tired of restart a new game or lose a save !

2 Cheats? Are you sure? Well what abbout too many items,Infinite clothes/food/... They aren't cheats ? you should maybe like that kind of mods because it help and the game is supposed to be a survival game not a "try to stay alive with mods activated"

At lat display food values and always on status are not !

3-Additional content:if they were additional content then it's easy to say I survived 500 days with no mods because you can activate and remove them after !

1. I'm a modder, I have a very good idea of what defines a crash. :-) A crash is when a mod forces the game to close or to stop reacting. Tons of mods are compatible with each other. I can only think of a few that are not inter-compatible, and those are simply not written with compatibility in mind.

2. Those are cheats, but they are only some of the mods out there. There are many more that also make the game more difficult.

3. What does your survived time have to do with mods? A mod does not have to ruin the balance of the vanilla game.

Lastly, mods are a very integral part of the Don't Starve experience, at least in my opinion. There's a reason they are so popular.

If its going to run private server based, there could easily be a warning that a server has mods enabled, and ask if you would like to download them before joining.

I have faith in Klei to know that mods are important to Don't Starve, otherwise they wouldn't have bother with the steam workshop!

Archived