Is my game outdated or something?

-My Volt goats don't reproduce. (day 95)

-Cat cap doesn't give any rain protection. Not a bug 

-Fire flies are always light.

-Sometimes hounds are just standing still even if I walk right next to them.

-Killer bees don't return to their beehives.

-Merms keep running to one direction even when they hit the edge of the world.

-Shadows of falling rocks at caves.

-Fire hounds at spring.

-Food turning to rot in crock pots much much faster than it should.

-Fashion melon is not cooling me down at summer. It does but not as much as it use to 

And not sure if this is a bug but sometimes at caves there is land you cant get to because it doesn't connect.

I'm not sure if Cat cap and Fashion melon got changed or sometime but there still seems to be a lot of bugs for release version. So anyone else having these bugs or is my game outdated?

(And no, I'm not using mods.)

EDIT:

Ok, so my game is not outdated but release version seems to be pretty buggy.

Updates are done automatically, unless you set it up so it doesn't auto update. You can check by right clicking the game, go to properties, and hitting the "UPDATES" tab. It should say "Always keep this game up to date".

Updates are done automatically, unless you set it up so it doesn't auto update. You can check by right clicking the game, go to properties, and hitting the "UPDATES" tab. It should say "Always keep this game up to date".

Yep auto update on, so is this game just really buggy at the moment?

Not really. Your world might be corrupted or something, I had issues with worlds that I started before an update and that got messed up after two times updating.

It's better than it was.  But ya, there's bugs.  And I'm not sure we're ever going to get baby voltgoats (at least in this DLC).  As for food rotting in crockpots, that's happened ever since RoG was open for testing.  At this point I think you'd probably best simply consider it another of DS's challenges.

Not really. Your world might be corrupted or something, I had issues with worlds that I started before an update and that got messed up after two times updating.

I've started new worlds after latest update and still encountered about half of bugs mentioned above, the game IS buggy at the moment.

Try Verify cache and restart steam.

Won't help. I've tried everything from viping savegame to full annihilation of game folder and steam "userdata" folder, reinstalling DS and then starting from scratch genetrating new world and playing without any mods. Nothing helped. Some of the bugs are still present - like bees, hound stopping, chester stopping, crock pot rot.

Won't help. I've tried everything from viping savegame to full annihilation of game folder and steam "userdata" folder, reinstalling DS and then starting from scratch genetrating new world and playing without any mods. Nothing helped. Some of the bugs are still present - like bees, hound stopping, chester stopping, crock pot rot.

In that case, just wait for the next update, it will be a host of bug fixes. 

• Developer

-My Volt goats don't reproduce. (day 95) Volt Goats should repopulate (I choose this word carefully: there are not baby Volt Goats and we have no plans to add them). However, their herd will only spawn new goats if it is off screen, so if you're hanging out with the goats and wondering why more aren't showing up, you might have to walk away and come back.

-Cat cap doesn't give any rain protection. This isn't a bug: we changed the stats of the Cat Cap in the last update. We did this for two big reasons: 1) it was pretty strong for how easy it was to get and, more importantly 2) the Catcoon doesn't like the rain (it goes back to its home when it starts raining), so it didn't make much sense for a hat made of their fur to give you protection from the rain!

-Fire flies are always light. There are indeed some bugs with the fireflies. I'm looking at them.

-Sometimes hounds are just standing still even if I walk right next to them. This is caused by a change we made to how entities start and stop updating. We made another change that will come out in next week's patch that we believe will fix this.

-Killer bees don't return to their beehives. This is caused by a change we made to how entities start and stop updating. We made another change that will come out in next week's patch that we believe will fix this.

-Merms keep running to one direction even when they hit the edge of the world. This is caused by a change we made to how entities start and stop updating. We made another change that will come out in next week's patch that we believe will fix this.

-Shadows of falling rocks at caves. This was due to some things that fall during earthquakes not getting cleaned up properly. I've got a fix locally that will come out in the next patch.

-Fire hounds at spring. There's a bug currently where ice hounds will spawn from hound mounds during Spring, but not from the hound waves. I've got a fix locally that will come out in the next patch.

-Food turning to rot in crock pots much much faster than it should. I had believed this to be fixed. Can you provide more details? Steps to reproduce the issue would be enormously helpful.

-Fashion melon is not cooling me down at summer. It actually is. That said, it doesn't cool you a ton (that's what the Ice Cube is for), so at the height of summer, just a Fashion Melon might not be enough to keep you cool. If it did, there would be no reason for the Ice Cube to exist.

Sorry for the slow response on this--we're down to a skeleton crew now for post-launch support of the PC version of Reign of Giants (i.e. mostly just me), but I wanted to chime in with an official word. Responses above in red.

TL;DR fixes are coming

Sorry for the slow response on this--we're down to a skeleton crew now for post-launch support of the PC version of Reign of Giants (i.e. mostly just me), but I wanted to chime in with an official word. Responses above in red.

TL;DR fixes are coming

As always, you are awesome, not only fixing bugs, but providing info to the community) Just don't forget to take care of yourself, really, overworking is no joke, I've experienced that more than once. And sadly coffee does not work as substitute for sleep (damn). And especially now, when you are the sole member of proud Bug Fighting team :)

• Developer

Hah, it's my pleasure! And yeah, I've been down that road too. At the last studio I worked for, I'd pretty regularly have 12-15 hour days. It wasn't fun. Klei is waaay better about that: I've only stayed late when I wanted to. Really appreciate the kind words :)

Hah, it's my pleasure! And yeah, I've been down that road too. At the last studio I worked for, I'd pretty regularly have 12-15 hour days. It wasn't fun. Klei is waaay better about that: I've only stayed late when I wanted to. Really appreciate the kind words :-)

12-15?? Oh, damn, that was harsh... Glad to hear, that at Klei they treat you so nice) Here in Russia we mostly have 8-10 hour work days. My overworking is usually caused by trying to write a uni project while working as a freelancer for advertising agency. It was 8 hours of work and around 6 - writing project. But at least I still could manage my time a bit - for example delay project somewhat to get some sleep, or postpone agency assignment for 1 day without getting shouted at...

12-15?? Oh, damn, that was harsh... Glad to hear, that at Klei they treat you so nice) Here in Russia we mostly have 8-10 hour work days. My overworking is usually caused by trying to write a uni project while working as a freelancer for advertising agency. It was 8 hours of work and around 6 - writing project. But at least I still could manage my time a bit - for example delay project somewhat to get some sleep, or postpone agency assignment for 1 day without getting shouted at...

You should read some articles on the state of the industry. Or at least the classic ea_spouse.

The fact that Klei creates awesome (and very resonably priced) games without giving into this insane culture is one of the things I like the most about it.

But I'll stop derailing, this is a bug report :razz:.

-My Volt goats don't reproduce. (day 95)

-Cat cap doesn't give any rain protection.

-Fire flies are always light.

-Sometimes hounds are just standing still even if I walk right next to them.

-Killer bees don't return to their beehives.

-Merms keep running to one direction even when they hit the edge of the world.

-Shadows of falling rocks at caves.

-Fire hounds at spring.

-Food turning to rot in crock pots much much faster than it should.

-Fashion melon is not cooling me down at summer.

And not sure if this is a bug but sometimes at caves there is land you cant get to because it doesn't connect.

I'm not sure if Cat cap and Fashion melon got changed or sometime but there still seems to be a lot of bugs for release version. So anyone else having these bugs or is my game outdated?

(And no, I'm not using mods.)

EDIT:

Ok, so my game is not outdated but release version seems to be pretty buggy.

What's Version Of Your Don't Starve?

TL;DR fixes are coming

Thanks for the info!

So Cat cap and fashion melon is working properly, good to know.

And after 150 days my Volt goats finally started repopulating! Yey!

I had to kill all but one of them so I guess 6 is max herd size, is it?

About that food turning to rot,

sometimes when you cook food with crock pot it turns to rot in few minutes/instantly if you don't pick it up.

(Even with fresh ingredients) 

Can't wait for the next patch! although the hound bug have saved my life few times :D

Archived