How many different worlds do you play?

31 members have voted

1. 1. How many different worlds do you play at the same time?

• 5+

I find that I tend to really play one world at a time. I always have my main save and an adventure mode save on file. Whenever I create other survival worlds, I'm not as motivated to play and usually go back to my main world and delete the other. 

How about you? Do you only play one or two worlds at a time, or do you play so many that you never have enough save slots?

At the moment I have 2 worlds that I play on. One with Webber in a world with the default plus on and one with Wigfrid default settings.

Only reason I do this because I wanted to see the deserts and as far as i'm aware deserts don't spawn in default plus atm.

at first I only played one world with the occasional extra world to try out new characters or experiment with things I don't want to ruin my main file with, but the extra files are quickly deleted

but since RoG came out I've had 2 main files - one vanilla and one dlc

I'm the first "4" vote, heh.

3 vanilla games, The first is Adventure Mode trying to unlock Wes (STILL!). Another is a sweet save I'm really attached to with Wilson, although I'm preparing to Teleportato out of it and will probably change character, and the other is a novelty game with Maxwell on a large map.

1 RoG game, nearly through Spring on default and sweating bullets (no pun intended) about Summer.

5th slot stays empty for mod-testing.

At the moment I have 2 worlds that I play on. One with Webber in a world with the default plus on and one with Wigfrid default settings.

Only reason I do this because I wanted to see the deserts and as far as i'm aware deserts don't spawn in default plus atm.

I believe deserts spawn in default plus now, it was added/fixed in the last patch. 

Interesting that people keep their normal saves also. I got rid of my old non-RoG saves via consuming deadly feast after my RoG save got past them in days survived. I dont think I can go back to playing vanilla. :p

Although I have three saved files, I only really focus on one.  The first save is my longest survived world with Wilson.  I'm a bit too sentimental to just delete it, even though I haven't played on it for quite a while.  The second is the one I used for Adventure Mode.  Still haven't beaten it and haven't played it since RoG came out.  The third file is the one I use now for most of my playing.  While RoG was in beta, I would regularly delete worlds to get the new content when it was released.  Otherwise, I'd just concentrate on playing whatever current world I had saved until my character died.

I play up to 4 worlds at the same time. Each world has a new character where I tweak the challenge a bit. The main save is me trying to survive as long as humanly possible, while the others are just for shits & giggles, mod testing and so forth.
The last save is for the "in-human" challenge I do for myself whenever I feel like it. Or for friends that wants to give this game a go.

Archived