ice melting?

Alice

So the ice I put in my fridge has been melting very slowly. If I remember right, I thought the fridge was meant to stop the melting process completely. Even the ice cube is melting inside it as well. I'm guessing this is just a bug that has came up recently?

• Developer

So the ice I put in my fridge has been melting very slowly. If I remember right, I thought the fridge was meant to stop the melting process completely. Even the ice cube is melting inside it as well. I'm guessing this is just a bug that has came up recently?

Are you certain? Or are you not talking about the actual ice box? Let's look at the code here.

if owner:HasTag("fridge") then  if inst:HasTag("frozen") and not owner:HasTag("nocool") and not owner:HasTag("lowcool") then	modifier = TUNING.PERISH_COLD_FROZEN_MULT

The ice box has the fridge tag, but not the nocool or lowcool tags, so it should be applying the PERISH_COLD_FROZEN_MULT modifier (which is 0). However, snow chester and the insulated pack are not ice boxes: they are nocool and lowcool fridges respectively. They won't keep things frozen, but snow chester can slowly cool things off and both of them make things perish slower.

Hopefully that clears it up, but it's also entirely possible that there's a bug. Let me know, thanks.

They are in the icebox, two stacks of ice cubes just spoiled away completely and its just the start of winter. I was looking them up a bit on the wiki and it said that the ice cubes melt faster next to a fire if they are in your inventory. My ice box is sorta close to the fire pit so i'm not sure if that would have an effect on them at all. (Also thanks for the fast replay!)

• Developer

Hmm, that's very strange. I'll look into it. In the meantime, are you certain you're on the latest version (100168)? To check, start the game, press backspace and look in the lower left corner.

Thanks for the additional info!

Quite a bit honestly: Heroes in the dark, freezer, minimap hud, tradingsystem, lunch box, golden spear, emeralds, rpg mod, alchemy powers, storm cellar, backpack slot, equivalent exchange. What mod caused this to happen to you?

Quite a bit honestly: Heroes in the dark, freezer, minimap hud, tradingsystem, lunch box, golden spear, emeralds, rpg mod, alchemy powers, storm cellar, backpack slot, equivalent exchange. What mod caused this to happen to you?

Haha, that is not too many, I think I have over 40 running at any given time. Freezer was the one that was causing it for me. If you are on RoG then get freezer DLC. If you are subscribed, it should have updated automatically.

Archived