• Wes
    • Maxwell
    • WX-78
    • Wendy
    • Wickerbottom
    • Willow
    • Webber
    • Woodie

I voted for Wickerbottom simply because I haven't played her and have no interest in playing her. I have played all the characters to at least Day 5 except for Wickerbottom and Wes.

Wilson is nice because he has an interesting backstory and his beard is a convenient tool.

Wendy is fun to play if I feel like being lazily cautious and making Abigail kill stuff for me. Just make a camp next to the beefaloes and run in there when the hounds come. 

I can't play Wolfgang because the constant pressure of keeping him on full hunger would stress me out beyond reason.

Wigfrid is neat but I like making farms and don't like Krampus much, which I imagine would become a problem in mid-game. 

I am Canadian and think stereotypes are funny so playing Woodie is amusing and a lot like playing Wilson except for one day of the month. 

WX was more fun before the Powers update, now he seems like the easy mode character with his gears situation.

Webber is an alright guy and the spider-friend perk is great; I just don't like his little-boy dialogue.

My second favorite is Maxwell, his personality appeals to me and his dialogue is interesting because it tells you about stuff in the game.

My favorite has to be Willow. First time I played, I survived just enough days with Wilson to unlock her, and then survived for a long time with her. She was fun back then with her witty quotes and high-and-mighty attitude. Now with an infinite torch that prevents sanity loss at night when combined with top hat and sanity gain near fires, she is even better. She reminds me of myself when I was younger (sorry if that sounds weird) and plus her hair is weirdly cool looking. "I guess I have it alright." is my favorite quote in the whole game; it's what Willow says when she examines a rotting pig head on a stick.

Ahh, it's tough for me to pick a single character. The characters I play the most as currently would be Wigfrid, Webber, and Woodie because I am able to tank and murder everything--which is apparently my preferred play-style---Kill everything, my friends~!

I haven't bothered with Wendy, Wolfgang, and Willow in a long while, simply because their abilities don't benefit me. I used to play as Willow a lot when I was unlocking characters in order to get used to the night and sanity mechanics--but now that I know the game, her infinite lighter means nothing--a torch takes nothing to craft and produces more light--with Willow, I feel obligated to use the lighter when I don't need to.

In terms of Wendy, I found using Abigail to be more of a chore than a benefit. In order to get the most out of Abigail's tanking I had to constantly plan were to camp in accordance to enemies, as well as to time when summoning and whatnot, could be preformed.

Wolfgang is obvious in the fact that you have to constantly keep him feed, or it's a death wish. With Wolfgang, I'm constantly looking for food and the extra stats just go into looking for more food instead of becoming productive. Sure, late game, when a constant food source has been established, Wolfgang's potential is reveled, but Wigfrid easily speeds things up with the same results.

When I play, I want to be free and Willow's knack for randomly setting things on fire, Wolfgang's restricting focus on food, and Wendy's need for planning just adds complications I don't want to deal with. >.<"

Wes really is the only character I have trouble playing with, not because of the increased difficulty but because he's the only character I truly feel alone with.

Yeah, I thought for a second that he has unique mimic for everything in game, and they I realised his moves are random.

He has no personality whatsoever.

Wendy For God's Sake. I Don't Need A "Oh Yes It's Nightime Let's Go Help Our Sister" Ghost In My Face Every Night. Besides The Whole "She Doesn't Hit Hard" Is A Nope. WigFrid Is My Favourite One. She Kills She Gains Health And Sanity. If You Find A Pig Village Or At Least A Couple Pig Homes You Are Set For Life.(Maybe Rabbit Holes,Mole Holes,Catcoons...)

I just gave up on Wolfgang. I was spending way too much time on food and the game was just dragging and tedious. My play style is to almost never fight directly myself, so his strength is pretty useless.

Wendy is my favorite by far, almost OP. Her Ghost is like a permanent pig follower - it attracts all the mobs and you can just run around making for perfectly safe battles for the entire game. I hate kiting. There are few tricky adjustments to make against some enemies, but easily worth it.

I've never tried wickerbottom yet. I'm not sure how you regain sanity w/o sleep - particularly in winter - so much taffy would be needed.

Or live near a swamp, cook some green shroons and get the sanity bonus equal to taffy without needing to build beeboxes, collect honey or use a crock pot.

Wendy For God's Sake. I Don't Need A "Oh Yes It's Nightime Let's Go Help Our Sister" Ghost In My Face Every Night. Besides The Whole "She Doesn't Hit Hard" Is A Nope. WigFrid Is My Favourite One. She Kills She Gains Health And Sanity. If You Find A Pig Village Or At Least A Couple Pig Homes You Are Set For Life.(Maybe Rabbit Holes,Mole Holes,Catcoons...)

They changed that a while ago, you can summon Abigail pretty much at will now, or not at all if you choose. She also loses less sanity from darkness if you recall, pretty much the perfect cave character when combined with Abigail.

It would be nice of you to stop capitalizing every word, it makes it hard to read. 

I like all the characters, so I don't really know what to choose. But I have to admit that I never play with Woodie, despite I tried him a few times (5 or 6 approximately). I will probably choose him for my next world.

Actually I'm playing with Wickerbottom, I never had a long game with her so I decided to give her a chance. And... Well, I like her.

She fits my playstyle (I never craft the tent with other characters, insomnia is not a problem for me), and I manage my food supplies so nothing never spoils (except monster meat of course, it's easy to get).

The only book I really use at the moment is On Tentacles, I have a field full of them, so I don't bother with toothtraps, it's a real death trap for hounds, and it helps greatly with the Giants (even if it doesn't last long with them, it weakens them enough to stay interesting).

But I agree that inspecting things with her is boring x)

Ya know... I just have to go with Willow. I love her as a character, don't get me wrong... I just don't get a unique play style out of her. I tend to stay pretty insane and burning everything down is downright annoying, plus her lighter is useless to me, just a waste of inv space.

Wilson is the great balanced generic character with no downside.

Wolfgang is great for combat, and for those of you complaining about food with him, just stay in Regular form with the 1.5x drain and only go into Mighty when you need it, a lot better than keeping him beefed up and draining at 3x.

I LOVE Wendy... But don't use her anymore as the lack of attack power late game is somewhat annoying, but it is still seriously made up for with Abigail's AoE + Tanking, Springtime's Frog Rains don't have **** on her, just easy easy food.

WX-78 is just playing on Easy-Mode to me... It annoys me how easy it is to become so strong. 

I don't really ever play as Wickerbottom, but she's great nonetheless. The Books are a lovely uniqueness.

I don't like Woody either, it was a toss-up between him and Willow, but he at least has something going for him that differentiates him from others; Werebeaver. (Which I don't like ultimately, but it's convenient to map out the entire world right off the start.)

I won't even acknowledge Wes.

Maxwell is fun.

Webber really switches the game up, love it / hate it.

Wigrid is my lady! I love my combat, and playing like a nomad. Combat boosts are fantastic and surviving on meat is easy, half the time I don't even cook it just so I can stay insane and farm Nightmare Fuels. Meat Stews are the bomb, 100% hunger! Wickerbottom fans may always talk about Krampus farming, but Wigrid isn't too far behind; I kill a Krampus every single day of Winter just as a bonus from farming Azure Feathers nonstop for Blow Guns, plus it's a constant supply of morsels>small jerky... Makes Winter a cake-walk.

I've never tried wickerbottom yet. I'm not sure how you regain sanity w/o sleep - particularly in winter - so much taffy would be needed.

Just eat Jerky, or go kill a (few) MacTusk(s) and wear the Tam O'Shanter all season long. Personally I hardly pay attention to sanity anyway. It's too easy to avoid getting hit by hallucinations and the more Nightmare Fuel the merrier. Only time I really watch it is when I'm going to be fighting something else and don't want a surprise Terrorbeak jumping into the fray.

Archived