Bearger steals all my food all the time!

I'm far from an expert player but at the end of every autumn the bearger comes, steals my (often large) stash of food for the winter and kills me, either through slashing or slow starvation over winter. I'm fine with it killing me in a fight but stealing ALL my food store seems a bit rough to me, maybe it could be more considerate?

maybe it could be more considerate?

Seriously though, we're still in early alpha and all feedback is good feedback. I have yet to fight Bearger myself, but I can imagine losing all of your food is a pain- especially before winter.

Cut down a bunch of trees until you find a Treeguard or 2. Let them follow you back to your base... plant a few saplings and they'll turn passive but stick around. When you start hearing the noises that marks a Giant imminent spawn, prepare yourself with some log armor, a football helmet and a spear. Then stuff all your food in your pockets and go looking for him. When you find him, quickly attack him and have him follow you into the treeguard. Now, here's the tricky part. Run between the 2 until the Bearger makes contact with the Treeguard.

Kick back, eat some berries/carrots and wait to collect the spoils.

Just wait for the full moon buddy, go to the gloomer's statue, mine it, unlock the old bell recipe, take the flower, kill the glommer, kill the krampus that will spawn at that time, craft the old bell, take the pan flute, when the bearger is coming, go away from your camp and let it spawn, use the pan flute,  go next to the sleeping bearger, use it and go away, if the bearger wakes up, put it to sleep again until the bigfoot steps on it, repeat one more time, and there you go, no damage, no stolen food and 8 meat + the nice hibearnation vest, remember to visit the glommer's statue every full moon so you can craft the old bell again and again and again :) and no more giants problem

If you happen to know where a herd of beefalo are, you could lure the berdger there. Its a bit risky since the giant can kill a herd with a couple of its aoe attacks but after the giant is dead you are also left with the spoils of all the beefalo it killed. Like a few beefalo horns, a tone of meat, and a ton of beefalo wool. Try to preserve all the meat you can, make beefalo hats and your totally set for the upcoming winter.

Cut down a bunch of trees until you find a Treeguard or 2. Let them follow you back to your base...

The easier method, which I use, is to simply lure Mr B to the forest. His attacks will take down the trees and a Treeguard will spawn and fight him immediately. Watch, wait, and pick up the loot when he's dead.

:wilson_sneaky:

hum what can i say i usually make a base near a wormhole when i hear a giant i just jump into my wormhole that make him spawn here then i just jump back and your base is safe simple as that but dont aggro him or else he'll follow u into ur base

hum what can i say i usually make a base near a wormhole when i hear a giant i just jump into my wormhole that make him spawn here then i just jump back and your base is safe simple as that but dont aggro him or else he'll follow u into ur base

o_O

I think this guy just won Reign of Giants...

Archived