Not sure if this is a new bug

• Developer

Not new: we've had several reports of the world being stuck in always-night after coming out from the ruins. We're hoping to address it before too long but it's not the highest priority thing on our list at the moment.

Not new: we've had several reports of the world being stuck in always-night after coming out from the ruins. We're hoping to address it before too long but it's not the highest priority thing on our list at the moment.

No offense but getting an 'always night' bug would be horrible (thankfully I haven't experienced this). Wouldn't you just have to start a new world? xD

• Developer

Yes, it's quite crippling. But it affects a relatively small number of players that have ventured down to the ruins, so we're more focused on fixing things like the catcoon getting stuck if you feed it while it's busy doing something else. Rest assured, we will fix it. It's entirely possible that the fix won't be able to restore affected games, but, well: it's a beta so we don't advise getting too attached to any particular world :)

Yes, it's quite crippling. But it affects a relatively small number of players that have ventured down to the ruins, so we're more focused on fixing things like the catcoon getting stuck if you feed it while it's busy doing something else. Rest assured, we will fix it. It's entirely possible that the fix won't be able to restore affected games, but, well: it's a beta so we don't advise getting too attached to any particular world :-)

Touche sir, and good luck with the fixes  :grin:

Yes, it's quite crippling. But it affects a relatively small number of players that have ventured down to the ruins, so we're more focused on fixing things like the catcoon getting stuck if you feed it while it's busy doing something else. Rest assured, we will fix it. It's entirely possible that the fix won't be able to restore affected games, but, well: it's a beta so we don't advise getting too attached to any particular world :-)

I found repro steps, a fix by commenting out a line in saveindex, and some console commands that can restore the world. More detail in the thread brummbar7 linked.

I have to say though, even if few players are going into the ruins, its surely more important than a frustrating cat. The first time the cat broke, I just figured it was stubborn and my save file continued untouched. The ruins bug on the other hand was game stopping, and fortunately rezecib found a cure.

Had I been some random player who doesn't use the forums, but poked around in the ruins since they are easier to reach now, I would of been very sad when my progress was halted. People are creating accounts just for this problem as well.

Archived