Section for DLC mods?

I was wondering if we should make a new section for all the mods compatible for the new Reign of Giants DLC. I would love to use some of these, but of course, I don't know which ones work with the dlc and which ones don't.

Also, I have a mod that should be compatible with both normal and DLC games. Player says he crashed with normal game because there wasn't a IsDLCEnabled function. I can't actually check if this function is in the normal (non-DLC) game, because I can't disable the DLC on steam. But surely this function was patched into the normal game as well as the DLC game? Otherwise what's the point.

IsDLCEnabled did not exist in standalone clients until latest patch, however was added in update about a week ago, altogether with api 5.

You could catch that error yourself if you want to ensure further backwards compatibility, like so

GLOBAL.FA_DLCACCESS=false
GLOBAL.xpcall(function()
                    GLOBAL.FA_DLCACCESS=  GLOBAL.IsDLCEnabled(GLOBAL.REIGN_OF_GIANTS)
                end,
                function()

--pre-dlc game version, throw a warning or something
                end
            )

however it will crash without error on api 5

You can use:

local ROGDLC = false

local DLCSupportExist = GLOBALsoftresolvefilepath("dlcsupport")

if not DLCSupportExist then

ROGDLC = false

else

if GLOBAL.IsDlcEnabled(GLOBAL.REGIN_OF_GIANTS) then ROGDLC = true end

end

• Developer

Just wanted to let you guys know that the next patch will add a system for mod makers to specify if their mod is compatible with just the base game, just Reign of Giants, or both.  I'll post more details about how the system works when we push the patch out (probably next week), but basically you'll be able to specify:

dont_starve_compatible = truereign_of_giants_compatible = false

in the modinfo.lua file and the system will only load mods that have been specified to be compatible with the mode of the save slot that the player is starting (i.e. if I were to start a Reign of Giants game with a mod with the above specification, it would not load the mod for that game, but would keep it enabled).

This will also come with a new API version number. At this point, all moddable versions of Don't Starve should have the IsDLCInstalled and IsDLCEnabled functions reliably available to you, so the onus will still be on you to do any special case handling that your mod might call for.

hm what point in dont_starve_compatible ?

what happened if its will be false :)?

tbh what really need here - its some kind of folder with settings for mods, like data/moddata/_modnamehere_, which allows to save mod's settings for any session, not just current via adding custom component for storing data in save.

Archived