Preparations for the naughty and nice update.

So with the naughty and nice update I started thinking, should I be doing some sort of preparation for the update like I did with the last one and im curios if you guys have done any preparations or planing to do some.

And if yes, what are you going to do in order to be prepared for the naughty and nice update?

And on a random note, still alive and kicking on day 52 of my first playthrough blind :D

Step 1: Surround yourself with trees

Step 2: Surround yourself with spider nests

Step 3: Run around with a torch at night

Step 4: Mosh with the spiders in the firepit

Step 5: Start all over :D

sorry but you can't make tree walls anymore

-Stockpiling Tallbird Eggs

-Stockpiling Cooked Meat

-Stockpiling Pig Skin

And going to invest in some bee mines eventually as well for Krampus. Ohh, chests full of stuff... SURPRISE! :twisted:

This plus a lot of logsuits, and tentacle spikes just in case.

Is this the only real discussion about the new update?

I thought there would be a huge naughty and nice thread right at the top of the forum, since this looks even better than the last update I figured it would be more popular.

PETS!!! Pets at last.

Birds in cages, awesome. Tallbirds as pets, just beyond the greatest thing you can imagine. The only thing better would be dogs as pets, as dogs are just cool anyway, in the real world and in the game world, so who wouldnt want a bunch of big ass dogs on your side?

Now, do the tallbirds grow? Only see them as hatchlings here, but I assume they have to grow. What happens then? Are they still your pet? If so, does that mean you could "tame" an adult tallbird right away? Like you do with the pigs maybe?

And what is with that goat thing smashing your camp? That's just horrible. I know he has a name and everything, but I am not that into the game that I know every little tiny detail about every single aspect of the game. I just know it is awesome, and that's enough for me.

Can not WAIT for this update, roll on the 11th

I'll be starting a fresh map but one thing I'll be doing differently is making sure my base is well clear of any docile wildlife that may wander through and trigger the Bee Mine defenses.

Edit: Regarding the new Small Bird pets the way I hope it works is that they have a couple growing stages. Chicks are weak but will follow you without fail (couldn't lose them if you tried). Young Bird would be stronger and useful as a companion but if you lose them they go independent and build their own nest somewhere. Adult birds act as normal and you be in trouble but if you lose them they go off and build a nest. This would give you the choice of using the Young Birds and risking them growing and turning on you or releasing them early.

Edited by Smeggit