Can anyone else confirm regarding Webber?

With a fully grown beard you are basically treated like wilson (not a monster) and friendly mobs are friendly again?  Was watching a stream and spiders attacked her (the streamer), like they were confused, but the pigs wouldn't attack on sight anymore.  Fully grown beard and maybe the armor (log suit, pig helmet) were the only things that sort of changed I suppose?

No, this does not happen. Pigs and other mobs attack Webber because it has the "monster" tag, and growing a beard does not remove the tag (the webber.lua file has only 66 lines, so you may check it yourself if you know some Lua). However, looking for an explanation for what you described, I did a search through all the game files for what does remove the "monster" tag, and I found out that only one thing does it is unequipping a spider hat. So (untestedly, I speak just from reading the game files) equipping and then unequipping a spider hat with Webber would make pigs neutral until you reload the save.

But this is a bug, of course.

With a fully grown beard you are basically treated like wilson (not a monster) and friendly mobs are friendly again?  Was watching a stream and spiders attacked her (the streamer), like they were confused, but the pigs wouldn't attack on sight anymore.  Fully grown beard and maybe the armor (log suit, pig helmet) were the only things that sort of changed I suppose?

This is false. Most likely the person doing the stream equipped and unequipped the spider hat. The hat adds the monster tag to the player when they put it on, and removes it when they take it off. Webber already has the monster tag, so putting it on does nothing, but once he takes it off it removes his natural monster tag. This is a bug.

EDIT: Bah, I was beaten to it.

This is false. Most likely the person doing the stream equipped and unequipped the spider hat. The hat adds the monster tag to the player when they put it on, and removes it when they take it off. Webber already has the monster tag, so putting it on does nothing, but once he takes it off it removes his natural monster tag. This is a bug.

EDIT: Bah, I was beaten to it.

They don't have a spider hat and was only 25 days in the game, so definitely not a spiderhat bug, but I do hope having a full beard would be a perk like camouflage trade off for not getting free silk.

If it's a bug, it should become a feature.

They don't have a spider hat and was only 25 days in the game, so definitely not a spiderhat bug, but I do hope having a full beard would be a perk like camouflage trade off for not getting free silk.

If it's a bug, it should become a feature.

No, it shouldnt. And this is not even the case, this is false. this doesnt make pigs not attack you on sight and stuff like that.

Ok, lets take away the beard completely, lose all silk gain. kill your own spider friends to get silk. See how the beard is better then nothing? I know this was kind of a rude comment but i'm getting sick of everyone hating webber.

I don't think people are hating on him (I love Webber, hes my favorite character, cosmetically and i feel atleast atm he is the most unique), it's just that right now, he isn't very good and is undermined by quite a few things that other characters have no problem with at all.

But he is being tweaked to be more useful (see the Webber suggestion thread)

I don't think people are hating on him (I love Webber, hes my favorite character, cosmetically and i feel atleast atm he is the most unique), it's just that right now, he isn't very good and is undermined by quite a few things that other characters have no problem with at all.

It feels like it sometimes since so many people are saying he feels rushed, is a bad character, etc. With these next tweaks coming he could easily become close to becoming better then Wilson. (Nothing will ever become better then Wilson, but he will get close)

It feels like it sometimes since so many people are saying he feels rushed, is a bad character, etc. With these next tweaks coming he could easily become close to becoming better then Wilson. (Nothing will ever become better then Wilson, but he will get close)

I do have to admit though, I'm not a big fan of the whole beard deal either... it feels a little bit cheap, since Wilson already does the same thing. I'd rather have the beard mechanic replaced with either a switch to nocturnal playstyle (sanity gain or stagnation in darkness and possibly slight nightvision and sanity drain and vision impalement in the light), or the ability to build yourself a cozy nest of your own. Or, yknow, both.

I do have to admit though, I'm not a big fan of the whole beard deal either... it feels a little bit cheap, since Wilson already does the same thing. I'd rather have the beard mechanic replaced with either a switch to nocturnal playstyle (sanity gain or stagnation in darkness and possibly slight nightvision and sanity drain and vision impalement in the light), or the ability to build yourself a cozy nest of your own. Or, yknow, both.

We have to admit its better then nothing, because without the beard you would have to kill your own spider buddies for silk.

well let me expand on my post (and i apologize if it came off as rude) ,  i think webbers beard is lame because it is basically just wilsons beard , but  not nearly as useful .

it is pretty much as if  it is there as a place hold for something better .  I doubt webber needs any ability that is shared with another character.  plus it is not the first time that characters got items unique to them, so there is no pressure to make another character that can use the shaving razor.

I much rather a different method of webgeneration , like say he poos webbing every time he eats 50% his total hunger bar in food?   

or  he can choose to  expend hunger to generate webs say  10 - 20 hunger per web?  

I think those methods would be far more interesting than just  him shaving some webs off of his face.  (plus i hate the beard ..... he looks so much better beardless)

No, it shouldnt. And this is not even the case, this is false. this doesnt make pigs not attack you on sight and stuff like that.

It's a bug that isn't caused by the mask.  I still think it should work like this though.

Not very good?! You go to the caves and get some spitters. Then say he isn't good!

My point is there are many variations of spiders. There are not variations of pigs. 

He's not meant to be better than, worse than, or equal to other characters, he's meant to offer a different playing experience.

He's not meant to be better than, worse than, or equal to other characters, he's meant to offer a different playing experience.

Yeah, but the other characters can do the exact same thing but easier and stronger.

Need an army? Webber needs to give several spiders meat so he can have enough to attack something, everyone else needs like 3 pigs to give meat to and you're done, plus pigs come out during the day, so you can get them, spiders only come out when you are running back to your campfire (unless in caves).

Not very good?! You go to the caves and get some spitters. Then say he isn't good!

My point is there are many variations of spiders. There are not variations of pigs. 

What about when someone doesn't have enough resources to go into the caves/ hates the caves with a passion (me)?

They have said before they made the caves separate from the overworld because they want it to be a harder more rewarding(?)(still see no reason to go down there) OPTIONAL area.

It really shouldn't be necessary to go to a completely optional area just to get some spiders just to make the character worthwhile, now if you could make a permanent home for the spiders above ground using resources from the caves i would be completely cool with that (probably need some sort of downside though).

Read the admin's post on webber. A lot of features right now are unintentional or buggy, and they're revamping him to allow spiders to be A LOT better. I also suggested the ability to "Tap" Den's during the day to make a spider come out, along with taming spider queens using Koalaphant trunks.

(One of the cool features is being able to CRAFT dens using silk, papyrus and stuff, so you can make your base into a "Spider Resort" Along with stopping them attacking followers and NOT instantly eating any meat that appears)

Read the admin's post on webber. A lot of features right now are unintentional or buggy, and they're revamping him to allow spiders to be A LOT better. I also suggested the ability to "Tap" Den's during the day to make a spider come out, along with taming spider queens using Koalaphant trunks.

(One of the cool features is being able to CRAFT dens using silk, papyrus and stuff, so you can make your base into a "Spider Resort" Along with stopping them attacking followers and NOT instantly eating any meat that appears)

Best idea so far in my opinion and also that choice to generate web in exchange of hunger. I also agree about the appearance of Webber with the beard, He's supposed to be a kid in a spide's body so it doesnt make sense to give him a beard

Best idea so far in my opinion and also that choice to generate web in exchange of hunger. I also agree about the appearance of Webber with the beard, He's supposed to be a kid in a spide's body so it doesnt make sense to give him a beard

A lot of people suggest hair instead, but I think maybe between his sticky-out legs. Hair would look kinda weird in my opinion...

Archived