Webber and his spiders

Regards
As you may know Webber has several errors which are annoying what is planned for the character, especially with spiders, that just through a wormhole lose them all, or kill Chester
This is modified or is the target of the character?

the fact that you are mentioning console fixes or code editing implies he isn't finished , well implemented or buggy .

Just saying  you cant defend it when your own suggestions  damn it to hell. 

it is still beta  so don't get so worked up , it is pretty obvious he needs work and that is fine. 

the fact that you are mentioning console fixes or code editing implies he isn't finished , well implemented or buggy .

Just saying  you cant defend it when your own suggestions  damn it to hell. 

it is still beta  so don't get so worked up , it is pretty obvious he needs work and that is fine. 

Yes, it is still beta, yes he does need work, but it gets a bit annoying when everyone in the world says he is a bad character or something. This is more of a bandaid fix, but the option is there. He is getting tweaked (not sure if its the next update) and i'm happy about that.

Yes, it is still beta, yes he does need work, but it gets a bit annoying when everyone in the world says he is a bad character or something. This is more of a bandaid fix, but the option is there. He is getting tweaked (not sure if its the next update) and i'm happy about that.

I find it annoying how you assume those that are talking about it are the only opinion.

What is with everyone hating webber? he just needs a few tweaks. You can console command higher sanity if thats your thing. And you can make it so many things do not attack you (and spiders come out when you step on the web) by editing some of the coding.

but if we (the all people) didn't shout out loud that webber was bad they would have thought 'well okay the players like him' that is what happens in game updates

I find it annoying how you assume those that are talking about it are the only opinion.

They arent, but sometimes it can feel like it. I am not surprised you find all my complaining annoying, because if i were you, i probably would too.

but if we (the all people) didn't shout out loud that webber was bad they would have thought 'well okay the players like him' that is what happens in game updates

You are right about that, though.

They arent, but sometimes it can feel like it. I am not surprised you find all my complaining annoying, because if i were you, i probably would too.

You are right about that, though.

Annoying was the wrong word in hindsight. But yeah, it can sometimes but it really isn't. They're just a vocal minority in reality.

Annoying was the wrong word in hindsight. But yeah, it can sometimes but it really isn't. They're just a vocal minority in reality.

Yes, the truth is it really isnt. Sometimes when you hear a bunch of complaining in a short amount of time it can feel like they are more of a majority, when in reality they are not.

Yes, the truth is it really isnt. Sometimes when you hear a bunch of complaining in a short amount of time it can feel like they are more of a majority, when in reality they are not.

It's ok, I feel you pain. Anywho, enough  being off topic. *le poofs*

I just played 4 seasons with Weber. I love the character design, his look is pretty unique and his quotes are awesome. I have a few comments:

looks:

I wish he would smile more, right now he seems always sad with that little upside down mouth spiders have. Combine that with his sad story and it gets a bit heartbreaking. Plus I agree with someone above. Maybe he should get silky hair, not beard. A kid with a beard is pretty creepy.

Sanity:

I didn't have any problem with his sanity, but I'm used to playing with Woody which gets very low sanity after his transform into beaver wears off. Weber was a breeze to keep sane compared to Woody.

Spider Army:

Barely used it. I managed to spawn in an area devoid of spiders but full of bees, frogs, tallbirds and everything else. The few times I tried to use it, my army being  the single level 3 spider den i brought in near my home the frogs and tallbirds obliterated it.

Monsters:

Not very sure what rules are for attacking / befriending here. Rock Lobsters were my friends after I gave them a rock. Vultures would not fly away from me unless i touched them -  I was able to kill a few. Frogs attacked me and so did bees and tallbirds. But were bats supposed to attack me ? Aren't we both from the "monster family" ?

CatCoons:

Attacked me on sight :(

The bottom line is that Weber is a great character but needs some beefing up, he is very weak without the Spider army and the army has a lot of problems right now, being unusable during daytime, attacking friendly npc, eating all your meat, etc... I would not mind all the problems with his spider army if i had a way of making him a little bit sturdier, playing solo with him was a lot of fun

Pics of the adventure 

http://steamcommunity.com/id/renmiri/screenshots/

I just played 4 seasons with Weber. I love the character design, his look is pretty unique and his quotes are awesome. I have a few comments:

looks:

I wish he would smile more, right now he seems always sad with that little upside down mouth spiders have. Combine that with his sad story and it gets a bit heartbreaking. Plus I agree with someone above. Maybe he should get silky hair, not beard. A kid with a beard is pretty creepy.

Sanity:

I didn't have any problem with his sanity, but I'm used to playing with Woody which gets very low sanity after his transform into beaver wears off. Weber was a breeze to keep sane compared to Woody.

Spider Army:

Barely used it. I managed to spawn in an area devoid of spiders but full of bees, frogs, tallbirds and everything else. The few times I tried to use it, my army being  the single level 3 spider den i brought in near my home the frogs and tallbirds obliterated it.

Monsters:

Not very sure what rules are for attacking / befriending here. Rock Lobsters were my friends after I gave them a rock. Vultures would not fly away from me unless i touched them -  I was able to kill a few. Frogs attacked me and so did bees and tallbirds. But were bats supposed to attack me ? Aren't we both from the "monster family" ?

CatCoons:

Attacked me on sight :(

The bottom line is that Weber is a great character but needs some beefing up, he is very weak without the Spider army and the army has a lot of problems right now, being unusable during daytime, attacking friendly npc, eating all your meat, etc... I would not mind all the problems with his spider army if i had a way of making him a little bit sturdier, playing solo with him was a lot of fun

Pics of the adventure 

http://steamcommunity.com/id/renmiri/screenshots/

You can always manage to get spiders out during the day, either by luring some other mob on the spider web (pigs are often near spider dens in forests), or by using Chester. It takes a bit of effort, but it's still doable, as compared to bringing pigs out at night ! =)

Actually, an admin posted everything that they were gonna fix with Webber.

The only problem I still have is spiders not coming out when you stand on web. I did give them a "Tapping" idea though, along with using Koalaphant trunks to tame Spider Queens

Archived