Wetness should be applied while snowing

I would like to see wetness applied in winter while it is snowing, although it should build up slower than when it is raining. There should also be a winter outfit that provides full or almost full waterproofing (ie. beefalo hat and puffy vest).

It was a good feature before being removed and now that ground wetness and drying by fire has been tweaked, it would be much more manageable.

Just my opinion. Thoughts?

Sure, I guess. Really there needs to be a lot more winter clothing though, if something like this was added. Such as a hat/vest of some kind that isn't as insulating but provides very good rain resistance.

Maybe that could be the new purpose for the breezy vest.

I would like to see wetness applied in winter while it is snowing, although it should build up slower than when it is raining. There should also be a winter outfit that provides full or almost full waterproofing (ie. beefalo hat and puffy vest).

It was a good feature before being removed and now that ground wetness and drying by fire has been tweaked, it would be much more manageable.

Just my opinion. Thoughts?

Well, Mr ProfFansworth, the previous Beta update had this exact thing. And you probably didn't have DLC back then or something or you just weren't in winter, otherwise you would know that wetness in Winter made you wear Rain coat, Rainhat and constantly making campfires as well as making all your items wet and making you lose your sanity rappidly non-stop.

Do you still want this to be a thing?

Well, Mr ProfFansworth, the previous Beta update had this exact thing. And you probably didn't have DLC back then or something or you just weren't in winter, otherwise you would know that wetness in Winter made you wear Rain coat, Rainhat and constantly making campfires as well as making all your items wet and making you lose your sanity rappidly non-stop.

Do you still want this to be a thing?

What the hell Mr Xirmix? How do you quote my post, but not read my post? :grin: Here let me help...

"It was a good feature before being removed"  - indicates that yes, I did play the DLC when there was wetness in winter.

"There should also be a winter outfit that provides full or almost full waterproofing (ie. beefalo hat and puffy vest)" - tells you that I know about having to wear the raincoat all of the time (although why you needed the rain hat as well shows you weren't paying attention to your waterproofing).

"and now that ground wetness and drying by fire has been tweaked" - tells you that I know why all your items were getting wet (which you obviously don't) and

"it would be much more manageable"  - tells you I know that ground wetness affecting inventory items has been adjusted and thus winter wetness would be more manageable now.

So to answer your ill advised question, yes, I still want this to be a thing but thank you for the informative post..

I myself really wouldn't like Wetness in winter. But the fact that you thought through that wetness during the time it snows gives less wetness and then breezy/puffy vests and some hats for winter could resist that wetness, but couldn't have so much effect during the rain time, I like that.

Just one problem; you won't need to wear a rain coat at all during the rain time but just put on the breezy vest instead and you'll be ok. You see where I'm going? And sorry, I didn't read all your post.

In general I say no. I prefer the clarity between the seasons now. However, I don't think I could object to something like 1 or 2 days in winter with freezing rain. just a bit of a sudden crank in the weather difficulty that makes you consider keeping an umbrella or prioritizing a cat cap.

I myself really wouldn't like Wetness in winter. But the fact that you thought through that wetness during the time it snows gives less wetness and then breezy/puffy vests and some hats for winter could resist that wetness, but couldn't have so much effect during the rain time, I like that.

Just one problem; you won't need to wear a rain coat at all during the rain time but just put on the breezy vest instead and you'll be ok. You see where I'm going? And sorry, I didn't read all your post.

No, the breezy vest would not provide full waterproofing. As I said, you would need a whole outfit (coat and hat) to get maybe 80 - 90% waterproofing which would still make the raincoat more useful in the warmer seasons and underground. So in winter, if you choose the breezy vest, you would be more protected from snow wetness but more susceptible to cold, puffy vest would keep you warmer, but less waterproofing. And you would still need a hat (maybe beefalo?) to get even higher protection.

In general I say no. I prefer the clarity between the seasons now. However, I don't think I could object to something like 1 or 2 days in winter with freezing rain. just a bit of a sudden crank in the weather difficulty that makes you consider keeping an umbrella or prioritizing a cat cap.

I like this idea, but also remember it snows way less than it rains in spring, so it wouldn't be just like spring.

No, the breezy vest would not provide full waterproofing. As I said, you would need a whole outfit (coat and hat) to get maybe 80 - 90% waterproofing which would still make the raincoat more useful in the warmer seasons and underground. So in winter, if you choose the breezy vest, you would be more protected from snow wetness but more susceptible to cold, puffy vest would keep you warmer, but less waterproofing. And you would still need a hat (maybe beefalo?) to get even higher protection.

I like this idea, but also remember it snows way less than it rains in spring, so it wouldn't be just like spring.

I didn't say that Breezy/Puffy vests would provide full protection from Rain. But if you use it with something else like rain hat and or umbrella, then having Rain coat, which is quite costly has no point! Get me now?

I didn't say that Breezy/Puffy vests would provide full protection from Rain. But if you use it with something else like rain hat and or umbrella, then having Rain coat, which is quite costly has no point! Get me now?

Sigh.....

"which would still make the raincoat more useful in the warmer seasons and underground" shows that the rain coat does have a point. By your argument, the rain coat has no point now since I can just wear a hat with the umbrella, but then how can you hold a light underground (hand and head slots occupied)? The point of the rain coat is now as it would be then, that is has full waterproofing, and as far as I know, is the only item that has it.

Also, since when did the rain coat become "quite costly"? Also the breezy vest currently has some waterproofing applied. Do you wear that instead of a rain coat right now, then why would you if this change was implemented?

Bleh idc anymore, nvm. But speaking of cave weather; I want that unreality the foop out of the DLC or at least an option to switch it off cause if caves are more dangerous than upper world then with weather it's almost impossible. It's unreal anyway so I hate it!

Bleh idc anymore, nvm. But speaking of cave weather; I want that unreality the foop out of the DLC or at least an option to switch it off cause if caves are more dangerous than upper world then with weather it's almost impossible. It's unreal anyway so I hate it!

That is a different thread.

Archived