What is your worst encounter with monsters

This thread was inspired by my most recent hound attack on day 7 with my new wilson save. I had a spear and log suit already as well as a alchemy engine, science machine, crock pot, etc. So i was prepared. (I made a spear VERY early because i had to clear out a spider den near my base) My worst encounter is deerclops at day 11 with woodie. You know how that ended. (You can probably imagine the world generation settings)

Feel free to post a few encounters that went horribly wrong but you somehow managed to survive anyway if you want.

Not an encounter that went wrong more 1 where I was very lucky

Playing as woodie on king of winter a deerclops spawned so as I usually do I started chopping down trees like a mad thing to change into werebeaver, find the fight a bit easier like that, but doing it this time spawned 2 treeguards both of which set about deerclops, deerclops killed them both but only took a couple of hits from me to finish him off due to the damage they'd inflicted

I had to pass through tier 3 spider dens and Spider Queens in Adventure Mode, The Game Is Afoot. Spiders were everywhere and I had no time to heal while running. Fortunately I managed to keep a little health, but I was really close to death. If the spider warrior had jumped... Well, you see what would happened.

post-301177-0-49333800-1396038330_thumb.

post-301177-0-58630400-1396038349_thumb.

Back when I was still a bit of a newbie, I was on day 50 something I reckon.

I had my walls set up around my little seaside base so that I wouldn't have to fight hounds until morning came, I'd also at this point figured out monster meat/werepig farming so was pretty chuffed. I'd destroyed 2 tier 3 nests and planted them on a patch of land over the water that I could still see (there wasn't much of a gap) and had let them get into tier 3 stage again without realising since I was so busy with everything else.

Low and behold the hounds start coming, not too confident killing them at this point so I'm hiding in my seaside base at night while the hounds are chewing down (Double walls) and I light the fire to the max to see more.

Thats when I see both tier 3 dens pop a spider queen and them wander off screen. Thinking to myself it'll be alright they can't track me over water, daylight is about to hit so I get ready to take on the hounds... when I see both spider queens marching all up in my base only seconds after defeating the hounds.

Dead ¬___¬

Lesson learned, always time the tier 3 spider dens.

Anything too do with spider nests late game, especially in the caves. The nests slow me down so there isn't a margin for error and the numbers are overwhelming every time. Deerclop, large hound packs, cake walk when trapped by a ton of spiders! >.<" If I die from anything its them when I misclick.

This was awhile ago but..

%7Boption%7D

There were three other spider queens chasing me off screen.

A WHILE ago?

I'm pretty sure more than one year is not a while.

Also, what's the problem? As long as there are no warrior spiders killing them should be easy.

I exited a very dangerous expiation in the ruins, one filled with dead fuzzy rhinos. I had nothing but a spike and a 15% bat bat. The hounds came, as sthey usually do after spelunking. After killing them I returned to my base, almost frozen to death. Right then WX says "WARNING  LARGE ATTACKER APPROACHING". I somehow managed to kill deerclops by using a fire staff, hastily crafted logsuit and the last his of my spike killed him. The next day, as I was sorrily trying to recover from two bosses in one day, I hear the most horrible sound in my life "WARNING  LARGE ATTACKER APPROACHING". I just grabbed my dark sword and ran. The fight lasted about a day, me trying to juggle deerclops, freezing, and pacing my hasty consumption of my gears. In the end I came out on top, two eyeballs and a horn to show for it. And as I was down in the ruins a few days later to build the houndius shootius, my logsuit broke and I died to a terrorbeak.

*shoots self in face*

I am still trying to recover.

Archived