Suggestion: Pipe

So, I saw a pipe mod in the Steam Workshop the other day and tried it out. It was somewhat buggy and acted as a beefalo horn, but the idea still grew on me. And just half an hour ago, I saw an old fancy pipe in my grandmothers cupboard with a pipe bowl made of chinaware. Then I had a little idea.

So, basically you'd need a walrus tusk to craft a fancy pipe. So that item would have another use. Then, to make pipe tobacco (I hope I'm using the right words, online translators aren't too knowledgeable about the art of pipe-smoking), you'll need a barrel, grass and one type of mushroom. You put the grass and the mushroom in the barrel and leave it for a few days. Examining it will tell you roughly how long the stuff still needs to get ready. Once it's done drying out, you can pick up mushroom-induced grass and smoke it. Using this will basically have the effect of the mushroom type used, but the negative aspect will be minimized, so smoking green mushroom grass will only draw maybe 3 sanity or something along those lines.

Let me know what you think.

I don't think it is a great idea. You can get better use out of mushrooms with a campfire.

Also since there are not item animations it would never look right. The game is not set up so it could appear to burn or smoke.

Also some people, I will call them silly people, might object to a pipe being smoked in the game.

Tobacco isn't a drug.

Are you serious? This is stuff you get taught when you're eight years old at school.

At the moment it's not child-orientated, and I hope it stays that way. However, it's child-friendly, which many games adults play are not. It's a nice change of scene, and it's an overall better game for kids than GTA and CoD, even if it wasn't made with them in mind.

Let's keep it that way.

This game is something that's appealing to kids and adults alike. If drugs were added to the game, it'd ruin everything about it.

No.

Yeah, good thing the game doesn't feature anything worse that tobacco, like, for example, scary as **** horrible shadowy beings from the nether realm that kill the player as he tries miserably to grasp onto his sanity.

Oh wait, it totally does.

Yeah, good thing the game doesn't feature anything worse that tobacco, like, for example, scary as **** horrible shadowy beings from the nether realm that kill the player as he tries miserably to grasp onto his sanity.

Yeah but there's a difference between promoting fantasy and promoting something as controversial as smoking - especially if we're smoking shrooms (On that note, smoking isn't the preferred method for that clearly)

It doesn't bother me, and I bet it doesn't bother 80% of the people that play DS, but games are regulated and rated on their content by official bodies - Considering everything else in game could be consider PG13 it wouldn't make sense to add something that's going to put it into a 15 rating unless they pop in some gore, maybe some missing body parts and a few characters in raunchy outfits.

^Is that a game I want to see, not particularly lol

Oh wait, it totally contains all sorts of sh*t like rat poison and arsenic, never mind it's been linked to ALL kinds of cancers out there, and having it in the game would promote that.

Too many people (including many of my family members) have died to this HORRIBLE thing, and I sure as hell won't condone it.

Again, NO.

Oh wait, it totally contains all sorts of sh*t like rat poison and arsenic, never mind it's been linked to ALL kinds of cancers out there, and having it in the game would promote that.

Too many people (including many of my family members) have died to this HORRIBLE thing, and I sure as hell won't condone it.

Again, NO.

Jesus christ, what kinds of emotional outbursts. It's a video game, video games are filled to the brim with things that make people die. Does that make the games promote those things?

Anyway, I didn't mean to cause such controversy with a simple suggestion. I actually feel somewhat bad now due to this, so I'd appreciate it if an admin could shut this thread down.

Though the fan art would be the death of me, I wouldn't care about it in the game. Maxwell smokes already.

HOWEVER, the responses are reflecting the same thing as the old magic tab. The old magic tab used to be a pentagram, which bothered some people. Though it doesn't bother me, I agree with devs decision to replace it with the current red skull. They said something along the lines of, "We don't want cheap scares to be the thing that shocks people, so it fits our design to change it".

Again, NO.

You're against smoking in this game because it killed some people, yet you're okay with people eating mushrooms to "reduce sanity", which has killed just as many people?

People like you are setting the anti-smoking movement behind 100 years. It's no different from Jack Thompson declaring violent video games as "murder simulators".

@Ripley who I can't quote right now because she ninjad me: So that's why the magic tab is a red skull. I've had so many flashbacks of the times I searched the game, trying to find the "red skull" item.

I still think it should be changed to something more... relavent. 

Though the fan art would be the death of me, I wouldn't care about it in the game. Maxwell smokes already.

That's one of the reasons why that reaction disturbed me so. Smoking had been in the game since forever and nobody gave a Beefalo's dropping about it.

That's one of the reasons why that reaction disturbed me so. Smoking had been in the game since forever and nobody gave a Beefalo's dropping about it.

He'll never end up in the morgue as a pothead though.

Archived