[Suggestion] Grindstones

Hello People,

the single most annoying part of surviving the world of Don't Starve for me is having nearly broken tools and weapons lying around my Base with no further use or even a decent way to get rid of them.

Therefore i suggest a new craftable that could provide us some relief:

*kssrrrh* THE GRINDSTONE! *Krrshh*

Craftable from the Tools-Tab, this stationary Item could work very much like a sewing kit, but with weapons and tools instead of clothing. It also seems like a good idea for it to require some Marble for two reasons: First, marble doesnt have too much use in the game right now and second, we have alot more opportunities to find it in Reign of Giants.

Please consider this suggestion and let me know what you guys think about this.

Hello People,

the single most annoying part of surviving the world of Don't Starve for me is having nearly broken tools and weapons lying around my Base with no further use or even a decent way to get rid of them.

Therefore i suggest a new craftable that could provide us some relief:

*kssrrrh* THE GRINDSTONE! *Krrshh*

Craftable from the Tools-Tab, this stationary Item could work very much like a sewing kit, but with weapons and tools instead of clothing. It also seems like a good idea for it to require some Marble for two reasons: First, marble doesnt have too much use in the game right now and second, we have alot more opportunities to find it in Reign of Giants.

Please consider this suggestion and let me know what you guys think about this.

And what would you get from grinded tools? 

I see that i have not be clear about my suggestion:

The Grindstone should repair damaged tools and weapons, not just get rid of them.

You guys dorealize what a grindstone is, do you?

I generally got the idea of a grind stone is to sharpen the blade to make it more powerful, actually removing the thicker parts of the blade that make it not as effective at slicing through enemies, if anything it would upgrade the weapon at a cost of it's durability (if i'm not getting grindstones mixed up with anything atleast).

And besides i don't really see why i would use make the grindstone over just making another weapon

I like your idea but I would modify it a bit. It would be a structure to make better versions of weapons but make them degrade faster or use more materials in the process.

But I do agree that I'd like to get a way to get rid of items. I'd like a trash can ! Anything that you put it simply dissapears ! Maybe after putting like 5-10 items in there you can get a "bag of trash" that burns like a wooden plank. Maybe you could also make garbage bags out of like 3 silks so that it's not OP. It somewhat adds a way of converting useless or unwanted items and silk into a good combustible

Tools resources are too common to need something like that. The sewing kit allows you to save a winter koalefant trump for example but what's the point of saving two twigs and two flints ? 

And it would need something to work because else it would be OP.

Anyway, @brummbar7 is right: Lureplant is the trash of the game !

In this case how about the grindstone being able to improve tool stats temporarily? e.g. Faster chopping/mining and improved damaged traded for pernamently lowered durability and the bonus lasting for 10-15 hits.

Archived