Clockwork Pawns

Neither is Maxwell and he's the king, right? Or are the shadow creatures considered the king?

Well, the shadows also aren't made of gears, THEY ALL DONT COUNT!!!!

... sorry, I just played through adventure mode with WX, and now I'm obsessed with gears.

Well, the shadows also aren't made of gears, THEY ALL DONT COUNT!!!!

... sorry, I just played through adventure mode with WX, and now I'm obsessed with gears.

I'm going to be working my way through adventure mode soon. Quick stupid question:

I know that at the end of adventure mode your character gets locked up on the throne, but s/he doesn't become unavailable after that point, right? For example, you can still play as WX, correct MeingroessterFan?

I'm going to be working my way through adventure mode soon. Quick stupid question:

I know that at the end of adventure mode your character gets locked up on the throne, but s/he doesn't become unavailable after that point, right? For example, you can still play as WX, correct MeingroessterFan?

Yes, you can, don't worry. Though for that specific save, your character gets replaced by Maxwell, you can still select everyone for a new game.

Awesome! Just curious, did you do adventure mode in RoG or Vanilla?

I did it in RoG, which was a mistake, because it's broken. Any world in adventure mode that was vanilla summer turned to RoG summer, which meant that half the time you're burning to a crisp. Especially the last stage gets unbearable because of it, and I only beat it because I was stockpiling gears.

Speaking of gears, we should return to topic.

But the wooden thing is already crowded with enemies. If we also add pawns to the mix, we will barely be able to see the marble anymore. Maybe we could have the pawns guard the other things. Also, they should only drop one gear as opposed to the other pieces' two, since they're so small and presumably easier to kill.

How I imagine the pawns are these small things that are just scatted everywhere...they're more of a nuisance than something to farm stuff off. Maybe you will get the occasional gear or a piece of gold. Things that walk around in circles and run into things,

Maxwell will say something like 'I didn't have time to to finish these off."

I remember seeing that concept art for pawns:  http://jeffagala.tumblr.com/post/72700580068/dont-starve-concept-art    Reminded me of spiders.  In that concept art they have a small lightbulb on their head, so maybe they would be like clockwork spitters.   They should spawn from some sort of 'den' constructor thing.  If they do have a ranged attack, that would probably make them dangerous enough to drop a gear or gold once in awhile.  Not sure we want to make gears completely renewable though...

PS I wish there was a biome with some of the other scenery in that concept art.  Made me think of a 'ruined London' sort of vibe.  Like Maxwell had constructed an army of robots to take over England!

Archived