Desert Biome Oasis

What about an oasis that spawns very rarely in desert biomes?

It could be a light blue recolour of the pond, which can be drunk from to lower temperature and boost sanity. It could be multi-use (but not infinite), the challenge being that they are very rare spawns, so once you've used it X number of times it becomes barren. Already barren ones could also spawn, adding to the frustration.

Alternately, an 'oasis' set piece made up of a pond, a siesta-lean-to, a grass hat, a couple of flowers around the area and a berry bush.

Mirages would actually be the perfect way to make deserts more interesting, now that I think about it. That would really add to the evil nature of the game.

Mirague of a full base with grass biomes etc. Would make you frustrated :p

Oasis may be could be a bit of desert and a bit of savanna spaces, where more grass but fewer cactuses would be. And may be that's where the volt goats would spawn instead! Cause animals that live in hot environment would rather live in savanna and oasis that plain desert, except the buzzards (hounds can stay in desert too :p)

I think that the mirages are a great idea, but the mirage of a base goes a bit far imo. Maybe have certain drops in the biome (e.g. Food or resources) which after pickup turn into very common items like grass/twigs, but could happen the other way round on rare occassions (e.g rocks into gold). This would make it frustrating but with a possibility of a reward

I REALLY like the mirages idea, that would be an awesome feature!!! I think they should also be sorta 'trap-like' so that there could be some rare items there, but it turns out to be a mirage of nightmares. Of course there would also have to be actual rare items lying around occasionally. Sort of like how gold lies around graveyards.

I like the oasis too, but beyond being a set piece, I'm not sure they could ever make it worth settling in a large desert......... maybe just a cool feature?

It could be multi-use (but not infinite), the challenge being that they are very rare spawns, so once you've used it X number of times it becomes barren. Already barren ones could also spawn, adding to the frustration.

Or once it becomes barren it wont come back until it rains.

I REALLY like the mirages idea, that would be an awesome feature!!! I think they should also be sorta 'trap-like' so that there could be some rare items there, but it turns out to be a mirage of nightmares. Of course there would also have to be actual rare items lying around occasionally. Sort of like how gold lies around graveyards.

A trap that drops your insanity drastically, resulting in shadow creature's attacking?

Archived