Will Snow Chester Become OP in Summer?

The player should at least be rewarded for taking the time to gather all the blue gems and transform Chester, it's not like Icebox Chester will be available in the earlier days when Summer poses the most challenge. And you still have to contend with the Dragonfly and whatever Klei has yet to add to the DLC during Summer.

Though if things do get too easy I suspect the devs might balance things out by making the player incapable of placing the Thermal Stone or Ice stacks in Snow Chester.

Don't really see how it would make summer any easier aside from loading him up with a bunch of ice and repairing the Ice Cube, even then the Ice Cube as a pretty long perish time.

a portable thermal stone charger, though, right?

I don't know about anyone else, but I struggle with Blue Gems (Rarely go caving)

If I'm lucky, I get about 1-2 blue gems each winter from the hound attacks, so having to spend multiple winters gathering blue gems for the ice chester - If I even find Chester in the first place

Nah lol, I think it's perfectly balanced

is snow chester in game yet?

And nope, not yet, probably won't be for another month or two (Until they push out the official RoG launch in April, Bug fix all of that over the following weeks, and wind down RoG)

Summer's overheat is terribly hard, so that doesn't mean it'd be OP because you have to gather blue gems and unless you have a world with 400,000 Blue gems then it's not really an OP thing since like I said, overheating is worse than freezing.

It costs 400,000 blue gems to keep frost chester... for twelve seconds.

Archived