Gears and chess

It is not really a bug, but... I play WX-78 and now I'm in the third world (jumped twice into Maxwell's portal). I'm fully upgraded and have two almost full stacks of gears just because these poor chess creatures are EVERYWHERE. It is like "hey, it is four knights, oh! here is a rock... and two bishops, and a forest with another knights, and a lonely rock, and somebody else..."

Now I don't need to cook food (even harvest it), have a camp, I have to fight wetness and temperature only.

It is not really a bug, but... I play WX-78 and now I'm in the third world (jumped twice into Maxwell's portal). I'm fully upgraded and have two almost full stacks of gears just because these poor chess creatures are EVERYWHERE. It is like "hey, it is four knights, oh! here is a rock... and two bishops, and a forest with another knights, and a lonely rock, and somebody else..."

Now I don't need to cook food (even harvest it), have a camp, I have to fight wetness and temperature only.

Yeah, maybe they'll end up changing it so he has a certian recipe he needs to craft to get the current gear perks. If we wanted to be horrible people, would could suggest the recipe should contain theulicite.

Yeah, maybe they'll end up changing it so he has a certian recipe he needs to craft to get the current gear perks. If we wanted to be horrible people, would could suggest the recipe should contain theulicite.

Thulecite?

So we have to deal with character weaker than Wes and try to get to RUINS with it? These are really horrible people.

Give poor WX-78 a break, his only weakness is rain and the new DLC's one of the main focuses is rain and wetness, he also lost some of his perks, like the worry-free touchstone resurection one.

We don't need to nerf him even more...

Golly,  I can't find gears anywhere! The first 2 days of dlc, I was falling all over them,  but since then, in the new worlds that I've started, I can't find a gear anywhere!  The last 3 worlds that I've tried (started on 3/7 and 3/8),  I've gotten to days  30 - 35 with, at best, one gear!  This is after uncovering most of the map. Am I just getting unlucky?

Gears are more important now, to build the flingomatic.  Personally I also like having earlier access to an ice box.   I have also noticed that they were a little less common in my last couple worlds, than the first couple right after the beta came out.  

I think the solution is to nerf the gear bonus for WX, not reduce the amount of chess biomes.  It think scattered chess biomes add much needed interest and flavor to the world. 

Playing default. And in the forth world I've already found portal (+6) and mad lone rock (+2).

About rain --- I do not understand why but Football Helmet is more than effective! If I have it plus umbrella or rain coat --- there is no negative effects from rain at all (and no light strikes, sadly).

The first 2 days of dlc, I was falling all over them,  but since then, in the new worlds that I've started, I can't find a gear anywhere!

Maybe I should try new world, I have 4-19 now and I do not collect gears any more.

OK, and in the last world there are 8 gears. This makes sense.

Maybe it was just pure luck, but three worlds in a row — I collect almost hundred of gears.

I suppose, it will be good if it takes more than 15 gears for WX-78 to full upgrade. Maximum should be the same but the profit from one gear — be nerfed.

I started another new world this morning (3/10) and gears were back to normal.  I now have my first game where I have gears and gold enough to make an attempt at making it through summer.  Yay!

Great work on the DLC.  Really fun!

Thulecite?

So we have to deal with character weaker than Wes and try to get to RUINS with it? These are really horrible people.

Give poor WX-78 a break, his only weakness is rain and the new DLC's one of the main focuses is rain and wetness, he also lost some of his perks, like the worry-free touchstone resurection one.

We don't need to nerf him even more...

Can you explain what this worry-free touchstone resurrection one is? Do you mean because lightning strikes when you get brought back by one of those?

Can you explain what this worry-free touchstone resurrection one is? Do you mean because lightning strikes when you get brought back by one of those?

Yup... lightning no longer strikes WX at the touchstone. Haven't had time to read all the threads to know for sure if this is a bug or intentional, but I presume it's intentional since the DLC is pretty much geared towards difficulty.

Yes, normally if you get revived at touch stone your body temperature is at normal, which means you will freeze pretty easily, so it required you to make chest full of fire stuff and some hats, since WX-78 can't freeze when overcharged, this is worry-free.

You also regain way more health at touchstone and you are 25% faster.

Yes, normally if you get revived at touch stone your body temperature is at normal, which means you will freeze pretty easily, so it required you to make chest full of fire stuff and some hats, since WX-78 can't freeze when overcharged, this is worry-free.

You also regain way more health at touchstone and you are 25% faster.

Gotcha. WX is the only character I use, and I have found an exploit (no mod) to never actually use up my touchstones. I when you made that first comment, I was afraid that the exploit only worked with WX and it had been patched. Good to know my game is still mostly worry free (although it is possible to mess up so there is still some stress involved)

Archived