A few ideas (?)

Yeah...

Its my first post...

And i came up with some ideas for the game so far.

Ponds:
They only have 1 use, so i was thinking on a new "Tool" some kind of wooden bucket to carry water from them, the water could be used to stop the fire combustion in the summer or save it for the winter to make it froze up and get a few pieces of ice from it.. i dunno maybe 2-3? should be usefull if ure base its far from the place where the glaciars spawn.
The wooden bucket could be maked with a few boards and ropes.

Webber:
I was thinking.. one of his abilitys could be grow silk from his face kinda like wilson, spider silk proved to be one of the most usefull items in the game and something could be a pain just go and get some specialy in the early game. So i was thinking why don't make him grow from his face and just use the razor to get some? Then you have another use for the razor.

More decortative stuff for the base:
Yeah im that kind of person... who start to see how can i decorate my base when i got bored. Potted fern was actualy a good idea, but now you can find even more marble than before in the map generation right? then make a way to create ure own statues with marbel and they could have 3 differnt models from the ones you see in the game, i was actualy thinking on a statue of wilson ;P if maxwell has one of him why he can't right?

Wilton:
I don't know if he gonna be added to the game right now, but i really love game with a lot of details. Why don't make him look different from the other skeletons? like put him a bit of clothes on him, the clothes he used when he was alive. (yeah... this is totally random) but i love details :p

Marble Sword:
There 3 kind of armor in the game (unless you go to the ruins) why there isn't 3 kind of weapon? you may think its unbalanced but i came with a few ideas. Like make the sword heavy to carry just like the armor, then you may think "you can swap items in the inventory end of the problem" well i was thinking of make it heavy when equiped and a little bit when its on the inventory. Something like 30% slow when equiped and 20% or 15% when its just on the inventory.

A board with hound tooth:
Another idea for a weapon, some ppl say the hound tooth could be used for something more well i came up with this weapon. Its like a board with nails, but it can use the hound's tooth instead of nails (?) maybe a lot of tooth if you think its unbalanced. (this its totally random too but hey! ppl asked something for the hound's tooth right?)

Killer bees and bee mines:
Some times its actually easiest catch killer bee's than kill them, why the recipe of the bee mine don't ask killer bee's instead of normal bee's. it's not like after use the mine you will catch the bee's again...

Slurtle and Snurtle armor:
Why don't you make those armor craftable in the cave? i mean its a pain try to get those item, also you can balance the defense of the item if you think that would make it easy.

Lighting rods:
Ice Flingomatic was its name? if you gonna add a way to see his radius you should implement that on the lighting rods.

Sewing Kit:
Should be balanced? sometimes its easier to make the dress again instead of wasting that much silk i guess...

Frogs and Pengulls:
I think they need a little balance too, they're kinda OP even more now with the rain of frogs. They're frogs.. FROGS and they always are even more dangerous than spiders... same for pengulls.

Trade goods:
On full moon days you can make a guy came out of the cave entrace and you can trade items with him, like he ask you a certain item to give you something in particular. it can be a... ratman (?) or i dunno.

If wrote something wrong i'm really sorry, i'm from argentina and im not used to talk english all the time. :)

On the topic for the ponds, there is a mod for using an pick ax to break them open during winter. I hope Klei implements that mechanic so that we can get ice cubes for it

Frozen ponds add difficulty to winter because it removes one way to get food.

So, no.

About the marble sword, I had a similiar idea about a fighting hammer: slows you down, little sanity drain, makes you lose hunger faster but does something like 70/75 damage. Still OP, though...

Wrong section, by the way.

Killer bees and bee mines:

Some times its actually easiest catch killer bee's than kill them, why the recipe of the bee mine don't ask killer bee's instead of normal bee's. it's not like after use the mine you will catch the bee's again...

Ya, killer bee mines is a good idea.

Lighting rods:
Ice Flingomatic was its name? if you gonna add a way to see his radius you should implement that on the lighting rods.

The range of lightning rods seems to be basically like 1.5 screens or something, so as long as you are on the screen and can see one, you're fine.  Probably not necessary to show the range.

Sewing Kit:
Should be balanced? sometimes its easier to make the dress again instead of wasting that much silk i guess...

Sewing kit is fine, as it lets you repair items that are not easy to get (mainly the tam).   Even for other gear, the sewing kit has 5 uses, so thats less than two webbing per use.  That makes it plenty economical for most clothing.

Sewing kit is fine, as it lets you repair items that are not easy to get (mainly the tam).   Even for other gear, the sewing kit has 5 uses, so thats less than two webbing per use.  That makes it plenty economical for most clothing.

Ohhh i didn't knew that, then it doesn't need any balance i suppose.

The hammer its not a bad idea, i also came up with the idea of a "net" to inmovilice small monsters or catch fish's on ponds or maybe a pitfall trap in survival also.

Ponds: Being able to create a bucket and put water in your freezer to make ice would be a nice addition.

Decorations: I am a fan of Minecraft, so being able to spice up the old base is always a fun activity to do.

Killer Bees and mines: Yes, they need to be incorporated into the recipe too. Same way you can use winter rabbits and summer rabbits for muffs

Ice Fligomatic: Klei is going to implement a radius on it so we can tell its range

Frogs: these guys are OP, so much food just falling from the sky...

Killer Bees and mines: Yes, they need to be incorporated into the recipe too. Same way you can use winter rabbits and summer rabbits for muffs

Frogs: these guys are OP, so much food just falling from the sky...

Killer bees do not have to be incorporated because they are fine as they are: when you catch them, you can use them to kill other mobs just by dropping them!

Frogs: challenge. If you want to win easy, just set the frog rain option to none.

To deal with the frogs, crafting a rabbit trap and kiting them into it will instant kill them. That being said, I  slaughtered the pengulls after they almost killed me for no reason. I didn't know they are always hostile now!

I  slaughtered the pengulls after they almost killed me for no reason. I didn't know they are always hostile now!

I'm not sure that's the case.  Even in the original, I seem to recall that they only became hostile like, after their eggs had rotted or something.  I think as long as they have their eggs, they'll grab them and run, rather than attack.

Yah frogs are to op, they're like chickens from legend of zelda (never played that game, though). a bunch of them had killed every pig in a small village O.O and especialy when one of them sets its sleeping place in your base and half of the night you are being chased by a mad reptile  :spidercowers:

To deal with the frogs, crafting a rabbit trap and kiting them into it will instant kill them. That being said, I  slaughtered the pengulls after they almost killed me for no reason. I didn't know they are always hostile now!

Ohhh yeah... i kinda forgot about that... but its like most say when the night comes and there's frogs everywhere it gets annoying -.- and you still got stomped by like 5 - 7 of them if you atk just 1, they broke any armor in seconds if you think it that way.

Ohhh yeah... i kinda forgot about that... but its like most say when the night comes and there's frogs everywhere it gets annoying -.- and you still got stomped by like 5 - 7 of them if you atk just 1, they broke any armor in seconds if you think it that way.

Yeah. Trapping them is the only way to clean them up safely. I wish lureplants chomped them in one bite.

I'm not sure that's the case.  Even in the original, I seem to recall that they only became hostile like, after their eggs had rotted or something.  I think as long as they have their eggs, they'll grab them and run, rather than attack.

The eggs never rotted on me while the pengulls were still there. Even if they did rot, its likely the pengulls ate it and popped out another egg. From what i can tell, Klei wants there to be hazard in trying to obtain ice from their glaciers.

Archived