It was strong before but in RoG it is op. It freezes you, whack your base and you are dead. Add to it that great sanity loss caused by wet winter and you are dead. Two times I was killed by DC and couldn't done anything about it. I didn't matter what I wore because I was frozem by its attack.

Now after I wrote it I think that maybe blue amulet could help prevent freeze, but then I would be nigh impossible to kill DC without armour.

What are your experience with new freezer Deerclops?

I haven't encountered him yet. But to be honest it's not that difficult to not get hit by him if you just keep distance. I would recommend trying to lead him to the closest swamp, he'll enjoy himself killing all the tentacles. I assume the reason they gave him this ability was so that you can't just tank him with marble armor and shadow sword, I think they want you to really have to gather a bunch of help from the world around you to take him down and it definitely sounds like you should avoid him at all costs in your first winter now.

It was strong before but in RoG it is op. It freezes you, whack your base and you are dead. Add to it that great sanity loss caused by wet winter and you are dead. Two times I was killed by DC and couldn't done anything about it. I didn't matter what I wore because I was frozem by its attack.

Now after I wrote it I think that maybe blue amulet could help prevent freeze, but then I would be nigh impossible to kill DC without armour.

What are your experience with new freezer Deerclops?

Wait, he freezes you now?! Oh man, it's a good thing I decided to stock up on gunpowder!

I haven't encountered him yet. But to be honest it's not that difficult to not get hit by him if you just keep distance. I would recommend trying to lead him to the closest swamp, he'll enjoy himself killing all the tentacles. I assume the reason they gave him this ability was so that you can't just tank him with marble armor and shadow sword, I think they want you to really have to gather a bunch of help from the world around you to take him down and it definitely sounds like you should avoid him at all costs in your first winter now.

you think there gonna make that the same with other giant making gather help?

Yep, it freezes you on hit (maybe first hit) with no widication its going to happen. DC attacked me on day 32 and I didn't predict that he will just faceroll me. I was prepared for it (wearing footbal helmet, log suit and tentackle spike) so in normal circumstances DC would fall.

Yep, it freezes you on hit (maybe first hit) with no widication its going to happen. DC attacked me on day 32 and I didn't predict that he will just faceroll me. I was prepared for it (wearing footbal helmet, log suit and tentackle spike) so in normal circumstances DC would fall.

Well, I think now gunpowder will be useful this time as well as blowdarts. Gunpowder does 200 damage up front plus fire damage, so 10 pieces blown one at a time should work, but if you want the eye, you probably should use around 8-9 and finish him with some blowdarts.

He freezes you on the second hit and on the first hit you character goes blue as well as everything your wearing, so there is defiantly indication of him freezing you  

He freezes you on the second hit and on the first hit you character goes blue as well as everything your wearing, so there is defiantly indication of him freezing you  

Thx for clarification. Now I will now :). DC took my by surprise, now I will gouge his bigg preety eye out.

It almost got me when I encountered it. I was used to full tanking the deerclops.

It freezes on alternate hits, but the first hit that leads to being frozen times out after 1 or 2 misses (idr which)

Luckily I had spare armor and jerky to heal. After that it was down to kiting. I'm personally glad it was made harder in that way, much more exciting.

Edit:

Armor: log suit + battle helm

Weapon: hambat

Football helmet should work precisely the same (it's just less durable). The only real worry in fighting the deerclops while kiting is sanity.

Archived