Easy autumn

I'm not playing in the beta test, but I am a fan of Don't Starve, and I keep hearing beta testers say "start in autumn, it's the easiest". It's a little concerning. Autumn could stand to be easier than winter or summer, but it should not be easy mode. Are there any plans to add unique difficulty to autumn at some point?

Well, Autumn is essentially the same as summer was prior to Reign of Giants. So it's not really any easier than before-- there are some season-independent changes that make things easier or harder (wetness makes things harder, acorns, tumbleweed, and moleworms are making things a bit easier), but that's it.

Keep in mind, Klei probably still wants RoG to be accessible to newbs, since someone could conceivably buy them both at once and dive in.  I know I've done that kind of thing on a game that's been out a long time.  They probably still want to allow a way for those people to learn the game without getting blasted by heat, cold, or going insane while wet, and right now it looks like Autumn is it.

I'm not playing in the beta test, but I am a fan of Don't Starve, and I keep hearing beta testers say "start in autumn, it's the easiest". It's a little concerning. Autumn could stand to be easier than winter or summer, but it should not be easy mode. Are there any plans to add unique difficulty to autumn at some point?

HEY autumn IS TIME to take the use for everything you planted TO GET READY BEFORE WINTER, THERE SHOULDN'T BE ANY DANGER

IT IS NOT FOR NOOBS

Okay fine, forget difficulty. The problem is this: In Don't Starve, what happens during autumn to set it apart from the other seasons? It doesn't sound like this season is different or interesting enough. There's deciduous trees changing color, a boss monster, but nothing else?

okay i'm feeling like you care about some stuff like that when you must collect stuff for winter (i put farms bro before winter, crock pots not a big deal but, beeboxes and what do you do before winter caring about that)

I think that there should be a wind mechanism that blows your stuff and clothes away,so you should hurry and run to find them before they disappear in the ocean, just to add a little difficulty in autumn.    Imagine having a thulecite club in your hand then suddenly its blown away and dives in the sea nowhere to be found :-)

Really people? I once thought that it's okay to start in spring but then done goof and had to be revived by touchstone because I got killed by tentacle. You know autumn is okay as it is. A bit more of a challenge than summer without the DLC but that's good. It would be too hard of a game if you haven't got a season with less worry. If you start in autumn you can get started and prepare tourself for winter. Then in winter you can get yourself prepared for spring and in spring get prepared for summer. In summer just try to get some stuff and not get overheated. Then when autumn comes back you can start building heck a lot of stuff and probably that'll be the point where you start your magic stuff if you hadn't already.

Archived