As with the new "wetness'' everything starts to drain your sanity and getting you cold once it's wet. In winter, it constantly keeps snowing wich also increases the wetness meter and even worse; your warm clothing will do the oppostie off what it should do! I'ts impossible to leave your precious fire in mid-winter!

I kinda like the new challenge. Forces the player to have multiple sets of clothes and has to change while the others dry

I would be ok if there is a way to really dry cloth. I would love alternate cloth but in some pace, your cloth are wet again. You can't even travel one screen keeping your cloth dry, so alternate how ?

I would be ok if there is a way to really dry cloth. I would love alternate cloth but in some pace, your cloth are wet again. You can't even travel one screen keeping your cloth dry, so alternate how?

hmm, I dunno. Maybe just reduce the rate at which winter clothes get wet? I know this game isn't meant to be realistic, but my winter clothes only get "wet" after I've been in the snow for a very long time

hmm, I dunno. Maybe just reduce the rate at which winter clothes get wet? I know this game isn't meant to be realistic, but my winter clothes only get "wet" after I've been in the snow for a very long time

Maybe, it could be a matter of time before the item get wet.

Just use a couple pieces of clothing that waterproof you, like umbrella+straw hat and carry a heatstone

Heatstone is - for the moment - very useless. Maybe not effective at all.

The only way I was able to get through winter was Rain Coat and Beefalo Hat. Tam o' Shanter works as well. Rain coat for the wetness and Beefalo Hat for the cold of course.

Beefalo hat best because it has water resistance on it, tam o' shanter does not.

It worked while I was using it..

Actually it looks like the raincoat has 100% waterproofing, so that alone is enough to stop the wetness.  That's why you didn't see any difference between beefalo hat and tam o' shanter.

When i try to heat mine, it keep white, at best, and i don't feel a difference when i wear it and when not...

They can be heated up more, but you need multiple fires to heat them at the same time.  Probably an unintended side effect of the overheating mechanic changes.

I personally would be fine with it if you could only get wet while it is snowing. The problem right now pretty much is that you cannot take off rain clothing until the environment around you stops displaying as wet. The problem with winter is that things stay wet no matter what since the snow stays there until winter is over pretty much.

I personally would be fine with it if you could only get wet while it is snowing. The problem right now pretty much is that you cannot take off rain clothing until the environment around you stops displaying as wet. The problem with winter is that things stay wet no matter what since the snow stays there until winter is over pretty much.

This is my biggest issue, Wetness right now is a bigger issue in Winter than it is in Spring...All winter you basically can't wear a backpack without a constant huge sanity debuff. It's easy enough to say just get a raincoat and a Beefalo hat but that's not always an option...I had 4 Beefalo in my world and 2 baby beefalo, I killed 3 adults to try and get some winter stuff and no horn...now my only option is the winter hat and I would rather not kill any more beefalo until they reproduce again. So I have a winter hat that gets wet every minute, a heat stone that doesn't work, and I need to streamline my inventory because I can't use a backpack.

I will have no issue to survive since I'm WX and I still have 18 gears after being fully upgraded but this doesn't seem like how winter should be.

Can we get a water proof backpack? Can we get wetness reduced by fire? Can we have the accumulation of wetness stop within a short period of the snow stopping?

This is my biggest issue, Wetness right now is a bigger issue in Winter than it is in Spring...All winter you basically can't wear a backpack without a constant huge sanity debuff. It's easy enough to say just get a raincoat and a Beefalo hat but that's not always an option...I had 4 Beefalo in my world and 2 baby beefalo, I killed 3 adults to try and get some winter stuff and no horn...now my only option is the winter hat and I would rather not kill any more beefalo until they reproduce again. So I have a winter hat that gets wet every minute, a heat stone that doesn't work, and I need to streamline my inventory because I can't use a backpack.

I will have no issue to survive since I'm WX and I still have 18 gears after being fully upgraded but this doesn't seem like how winter should be.

Can we get a water proof backpack? Can we get wetness reduced by fire? Can we have the accumulation of wetness stop within a short period of the snow stopping?

Can't you use a rain coat with the winter hat if you have one? Rain Coat reduces your wetness by 100% I believe and it works with most hats, haven't explicitly tested it with the winter hat but it's worth a shot. Backpacks can be closed by right clicking the icon, someone made a good suggestion that stuff in the backpack doesn't get wet if you close it. And also, they are performing tweaks on wetness and it's one of their highest priorities currently to get it working properly. So don't worry too much right now, even though it is difficult to play the beta with it with how it currently is, it should get fixed eventually.

I have found that Beefalo hat do not get wet. I played as Wendy and in winter I wore Beffalo hat and an umbrela. It served quite well and almost prevented sanity drop... Almost. 

At winter try equip those mentioned above and even at day ~30 you will be able to venture far from a camp.

I have found that Beefalo hat do not get wet. I played as Wendy and in winter I wore Beffalo hat and an umbrela. It served quite well and almost prevented sanity drop... Almost. 

At winter try equip those mentioned above and even at day ~30 you will be able to venture far from a camp.

Any item with water resistance above 0% will never get wet.

When i try to heat mine, it keep white, at best, and i don't feel a difference when i wear it and when not...

Same, I am just going to end up spamming sleeping bags to get through winter and hang out by fire. Very boring :(

Beefalo Hat is working for me, but I can't get a raincoat yet so maybe that helps with heatstone idk. Everything is wet all the time, I wish there was a reliable way to dry anything. Considering drying racks supposedly use charcoal for something maybe we can start lighting a fire under them and use them as laundry drying racks :p

Archived