Add a wet gauge on the objects

Something like this? 

30nfckj.png

The left shows something that is completely wet. The right shows something that is beginning to spoil, and is also beginning to dry off (it was easiest to have them at the same level).

Not the greatest image manipulation, but I'm trying to go to bed soon ;)

I just thought of something quite similar! Have that happen, but rather than it come in from the left, have it come down from the top and push spoilage down as well. That way, wet items expire faster. Food that doesn't care as much if it's wet (like tomatoes) should be pushed down and become wet slower than food more sensitive to moisture (like steaks). When dried, don't recover lost spoilage. For things that don't spoil, the meter just works the same way.

Using this method, we'll never run into an issue where one meter totally covers up another somehow or an icon obstructing a gauge somewhere and it makes wetness actually do something that practically balances its self since fresh food'll be affected more than half-rotted food.

Something like this? 

30nfckj.png

The left shows something that is completely wet. The right shows something that is beginning to spoil, and is also beginning to dry off (it was easiest to have them at the same level).

That is a good idea.

Something like this? 

30nfckj.png

Ya, this is a very good idea.  I was the one that suggested a blue background in the other thread, but a wet meter would be even better, as part of the frustration on the current wet system is, I can't tell what drying efforts are working, and which are useless.  You only know when that word disappears.  A meter would give me feedback.  And the dual meter for food is great too!

Archived