Summer suggestions

1) Make it possible to swim in Ponds to decrease your temperature, but downside of that would be getting 100% wet and drastically decreased Sanity, and also add Pond hallucinations, if character's temperature is big

2) Make a new Magic staff that on Use summons rain/snow(Winter only), can be used twice

3) Ice box should produce Ice, slowly, like 1 piece of Ice a day? or more, not for me to decide

4) Can sleep only once, if you combine Siesta with a Tent/Fur roll/Other stuff that makes you sleep, you can skip days quite fast, as long as you have enough food, so make it possible to sleep only once a day? either you sleep to skip Day or you sleep to skip Afternoon/Night

5) Use Gold on Endothermic fire to convert it into Ice?

6) Use Raw food on Endothermic fire to preserve Food a bit longer

7) Make Endothermic torches, they don't decrease your Temperature, but slow it down from rising instead 

1) Make it possible to swim in Ponds to decrease your temperature, but downside of that would be getting 100% wet and drastically decreased Sanity, and also add Pond hallucinations, if character's temperature is big

I like these ideas a lot. How about near ponds the temperature is lower but you get slowly wet by the evaporation (which causes the lower temperature in the first place)

This should be easy to do with the current mechanics.

So in summer you would prefer a camp near ponds but there are also downsides. I really like te dea of having different camps for the seasons Winter camp, Summer camp, Cave Camp etc.

I like these ideas a lot. How about near ponds the temperature is lower but you get slowly wet by the evaporation (which causes the lower temperature in the first place)

This should be easy to do with the current mechanics.

So in summer you would prefer a camp near ponds but there are also downsides. I really like te dea of having different camps for the seasons Winter camp, Summer camp, Cave Camp etc.

Yes. With only ice and the chill amulet to really survive summer, it will be difficult.

This is an idea that should be implimented.

(Though I think those freezing fires do a similar function)

Maybe being in the vicinity of a pool cools your temperiture?

(Which, if it does get implemented, might as well be added for pengull ice patches too)

What about an underwater swimming suit? If you're wearing it you can go inside pond and see the world underground where could be another giant like a deadly deep sea fish, which by the way could be in a level 2 of the underwater, this would be like caves but instead a waterworld. Who knows what might be lurking there. Some fishes, corals, jellyfish, deep sea fish (underwater giant), crabs, turtles etc. Animals and monsters like that! And don't forget the frogs and eals too, lol.

What about an underwater swimming suit? If you're wearing it you can go inside pond and see the world underground where could be another giant like a deadly deep sea fish, which by the way could be in a level 2 of the underwater, this would be like caves but instead a waterworld. Who knows what might be lurking there. Some fishes, corals, jellyfish, deep sea fish (underwater giant), crabs, turtles etc. Animals and monsters like that! And don't forget the frogs and eals too, lol.

Omg! Now that would be awesome.

It would also be a WHOLE LOT of work.

But maaan, would it be awesome.

But making it too similar to the caves is bad, people will compare the two. It would need an entirely different set of rules.

I was thinking it would be interesting if, when ponds freeze in the winter, you could mine them for ice, like the glaciers - maybe even get a fish out of the deal (instead of stone).  But then the pond is empty in the spring (till it rains).  So it does not produce fish or frogs till it rains again - which, in the spring, won't be long.

Omg! Now that would be awesome.

It would also be a WHOLE LOT of work.

But maaan, would it be awesome.

But making it too similar to the caves is bad, people will compare the two. It would need an entirely different set of rules.

Hei, I only thought to have two levels of underwater just like caves, that's all! Plus I'm thinking, if you go into the first level its darkness is like the dawn during the day but everythjng looks quite blue, where as for the second level that's where you can allways see charlie coming with no light. This is hell a lot of work, that's why I have something on my mind. I'm planning to make a mod the size of a DLC, but I won't tell you how it's gonna be called yet because someone can steal my idea. I'm thinking to even make trailers like the reign of giants did. It's gonna be AWESOME! I'm thinking to really starting to making this as soon as I've explored every big of the DLC. Look forward to it ;)

Hei, I only thought to have two levels of underwater just like caves, that's all! Plus I'm thinking, if you go into the first level its darkness is like the dawn during the day but everythjng looks quite blue, where as for the second level that's where you can allways see charlie coming with no light. This is hell a lot of work, that's why I have something on my mind. I'm planning to make a mod the size of a DLC, but I won't tell you how it's gonna be called yet because someone can steal my idea. I'm thinking to even make trailers like the reign of giants did. It's gonna be AWESOME! I'm thinking to really starting to making this as soon as I've explored every big of the DLC. Look forward to it ;)

Nonono, that's too close to cave like.

Hrm...

Maybe have it dynamic? No that would take more generation...

Tides? They're pools...

Maybe deeper pools that-no not that either...

Air would have to be a problem...

Tch, designing a water level is definitely harder than playing i-

Pools leading into the ocean...That...Coral and sponges... sharks? hrm...

More thought is needed. To make something as large as an underwater level, you'll want to be thorough.

Nonono, that's too close to cave like.

Hrm...

Maybe have it dynamic? No that would take more generation...

Tides? They're pools...

Maybe deeper pools that-no not that either...

Air would have to be a problem...

Tch, designing a water level is definitely harder than playing i-

Pools leading into the ocean...That...Coral and sponges... sharks? hrm...

More thought is needed. To make something as large as an underwater level, you'll want to be thorough.

Wooow, settle down with the working out! Right now I'm planning it all and first of all lets concentrate on the Reign of Giants, before I can tell about my DLC sized mod to everyone. The mod will also make the game more difficult and you'll see why in the mod's title (not revealing it right now).

The way I was thinking about underwater is that you have a gas tank, that can run out (but really slowly, and you can make more than one just in case) but the under water suit is permanent, thought you can take it off during the time you're in water, but then you'll just drown as your health will go down real quick. You cannot enter underwater world without it thought and if you click on a pond then the character will just examine it. The underwater world has to be like caves, to be honest, if you enter under water and you're near a land, but still deep under water then it will look a lot like caves. I was thinking that you can also enter the world through caves as there are ponds where you can fish eels. You'll also need a special light source like miner's hat, in order to not get killed by charlie cause under water you can't light a torch, it's illogical. In the end, underwater world is even more dangerous than caves!

This sounds as good a place as any to throw out my thoughts on summer...

As it is, it's much harder than winter since there's less to do that can cool you down. That needs to be fixed ASAP, especially since the few things that we can use are incredibly hard to get or expensive, even more so during summer itself. I also think that heat should increase faster in desert biomes and possibly slower in swamps? It would give swamps more use.

So in testing, heat stones are cooled by endothermic fires; I've been using this as a heat monitor (shows grey, yellow, orange stages), not sure if it's actually keeping me cooler longer though, but it's a little benefit of a warning. I agree it would be nice to be able to keep it there longer to cool the stone way down (exact reverse of the winter behavior).

I agree we could use a few more ways to cool down, and especially to cool of your structures. I've had a crockpot and science machine go up in smoke since I've had no way to cool them (didn't know ahead of time I'd need ice and an ice flingomatic); I think a water bottle or something similar that you can fetch water from ponds could be a cool emergency way to go.

oh and 8) How about if you put Heat stone near Endothermic fire, it Freezes, which allows you to use it to slow down Heating?

I'd been meaning to test this after the DLC was released, since heat stones can already freeze, but I guess you already have and it doesn't work?

Edit: Just tested it and it does freeze from endothermic fires, but it takes forever and it doesn't last long enough to be worth it.

Archived