How the **** do I find Wes

Sorry for your frustration. This is honestly the first time I have seen somebody upset by this issue, but I will certainly pass on your concerns. 

Check out the wiki here: http://dont-starve-game.wikia.com/wiki/Wes

Sorry if this sound rude but, there is no way that this is the first you are hearing of this. There are pages and pages of people with the same problem. I love the game but I can't even unlock all the content. It would be one thing if it was skill based but it not, it's just random luck.

Sorry if this sound rude but, there is no way that this is the first you are hearing of this. There are pages and pages of people with the same problem. I love the game but I can't even unlock all the content. It would be one thing if it was skill based but it not, it's just random luck.

There is one thread with 2 pages of people discussing strategies on finding him. That's not the same as your quitting because you're not lucky.

There is one thread with 2 pages of people discussing strategies on finding him. That's not the same as your quitting because you're not lucky.

Go to ps3trophies.org then reply. You don't know what your talking about. The trophy connected to Wes is at .1% which would be fine if it were skill based, but it not. I've been through adventure mode 37 times, I should have found him by now.

Go to ps3trophies.org then reply. You don't know what your talking about. The trophy connected to Wes is at .1% which would be fine if it were skill based, but it not. I've been through adventure mode 37 times, I should have found him by now.

What makes you think game developers frequent ps3trophies.org?

I have an idea: Just play the game to survive. Have fun exploring the world, the caves, the ruins, whatever! Wasting your time just to get a weak character and an achievement is just silly, in my opinion. Some people are lucky and get him first try (me!) and others just can't get him. There's no use wasting your time to get angry with something in a game, when you could be having fun with the rest of it.

I have an idea: Just play the game to survive. Have fun exploring the world, the caves, the ruins, whatever! Wasting your time just to get a weak character and an achievement is just silly, in my opinion. Some people are lucky and get him first try (me!) and others just can't get him. There's no use wasting your time to get angry with something in a game, when you could be having fun with the rest of it.

Exactly it's your opinion. It's my opinion, that I will not buy any dlc or a new version if I can't unlock all the content in the main game. Would you pay for a DVD with no sound or couch with no cushions. I don't think you would.

The game is fun and I like it but after about 70h it would be great to have the chance to play as the last character too and as it is just luck based it really feel like a waste of time...

And no! Using the console is just cheating and a game should never be about cheating!

Sure enjoy the game explore etc. but after that amount of time spend in this fascinating world there isn't any real challenge left except for beating adventure mode with Wes... But to unlock him you need just luck and in my opinion it's a poor design decision because that doesn't afford skill nor you have to be a good player... it's just luck...

When they say "hey survive for 365 days in the Darkness or King of Winter to unlock Wes" that would be a piece of cake...

But luck? What's about unlucky persons like me? 

And wiki doesn’t really help… 1% chance… ok… but it’s not really clear…

Is it 1% each time I enter Adventure Mode?

Or each time a chapter is generated?

Or each time when I start Survival Mode?

As there is no proof on how it really works I have to try every possibility… And I think it’s pre-determined when I start Adventure mode because after reloading a single chapter for about 40 times (and manually uncovering the whole map) I didn’t have any luck…

So I just run through the first 4 chapters uncovering the whole map and… nothing

It just feels like a grind and I thought Klei wanted to avoid that ;)

Ok I just checked the thread mentioned above (while writing this) and there is a link to Kleis FB page and there is a hint which would be great when it would have been stated somewhere else…

Klei Entertainment Wes only appears in these conditions (and should always appear in these conditions):

1. The third level in an adventure (that is, two levels have been beat since the adventure was started, Wes will be in the third level.)

2. The level is one of "A Cold Reception", "The King of Winter", "The Game is Afoot", or "Archipelago".

Ok so my new question is… Can I load a savegame before I enter chapter 3 (before the chapter is generated) and unlock Wes this way? Or is it really pre-determined and I have to play all 3 chapters…

And Fuzziezra is right... there are a lot of people complaining about it xD

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/dont-starve/223062-wes.html

Even if I think they care more about the Trophy then the game...

But now I know how much time I wasted ;)

And my next problem is… I always get Two Worlds as Chapter 3 xD

The game is fun and I like it but after about 70h it would be great to have the chance to play as the last character too and as it is just luck based it really feel like a waste of time...

And no! Using the console is just cheating and a game should never be about cheating!

Sure enjoy the game explore etc. but after that amount of time spend in this fascinating world there isn't any real challenge left except for beating adventure mode with Wes... But to unlock him you need just luck and in my opinion it's a poor design decision because that doesn't afford skill nor you have to be a good player... it's just luck...

When they say "hey survive for 365 days in the Darkness or King of Winter to unlock Wes" that would be a piece of cake...

But luck? What's about unlucky persons like me? 

And wiki doesn’t really help… 1% chance… ok… but it’s not really clear…

Is it 1% each time I enter Adventure Mode?

Or each time a chapter is generated?

Or each time when I start Survival Mode?

As there is no proof on how it really works I have to try every possibility… And I think it’s pre-determined when I start Adventure mode because after reloading a single chapter for about 40 times (and manually uncovering the whole map) I didn’t have any luck…

So I just run through the first 4 chapters uncovering the whole map and… nothing

It just feels like a grind and I thought Klei wanted to avoid that ;)

Ok I just checked the thread mentioned above (while writing this) and there is a link to Kleis FB page and there is a hint which would be great when it would have been stated somewhere else…

Ok so my new question is… Can I load a savegame before I enter chapter 3 (before the chapter is generated) and unlock Wes this way? Or is it really pre-determined and I have to play all 3 chapters…

And Fuzziezra is right... there are a lot of people complaining about it xD

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/dont-starve/223062-wes.html

Even if I think they care more about the Trophy then the game...

But now I know how much time I wasted ;)

And my next problem is… I always get Two Worlds as Chapter 3 xD

That post on the Facebook page is BS. I've been through adventure mode 37 times with king of winter being the 3rd chapter. And Wes has never spawned.

That post on the Facebook page is BS. I've been through adventure mode 37 times with king of winter being the 3rd chapter. And Wes has never spawned.

I think the "and should always appear in these conditions" is the only thing that's wrong or rather a linguistic problem...

So... Chapter 3 and the 4 maps... and he is not always there but he only appears at that conditions...

So I don't have to care about 1+2... slight improvement

Exactly it's your opinion. It's my opinion, that I will not buy any dlc or a new version if I can't unlock all the content in the main game. Would you pay for a DVD with no sound or couch with no cushions. I don't think you would.

But there's a big difference about not buying something that adds new content to a game just because you haven't unlocked a single character who's not even good(By that, I mean he's weak, not that he's poorly designed), and buying an incomplete product. I've bought all the DLC to Dishonored and I haven't done every single thing. And I've bought all the DLCs to Kingdoms of Amalur, and I haven't done all of the side quests. I haven't even finished the game (I got to the final boss and then my game crashed, corrupting my save).

I saw the thread. It was a bunch of whiny people who don't play a game for anything other than trophy hunting. Arguing whether or not it's a good game when the people aren't playing it because it's a game would be a lesson in futility.

That's not an opinion at all, that's just you being spiteful. Besides, if they add another trophy for buying the DLC you'll have to download it.

That's probably the worst metaphor ever. Not getting one character that is worse than all the others in the first tries due to the fact that it's supposed to be for (very) long time adventure mode players and not achievement hunters does not strip the meaning away from a game.

There's no reason to get this mad because you can't unlock a character that is basically hard mode. If you get this upset about not finding Wes, then there's no point to get him because he's so weak you'll flip a table and break a wall. I haven't unlocked Wes and I've been playing for quite some time. I enjoy the game, because I go Wilson all the way. He's the best character, with no drawbacks and 2 advantages. Those 2 advantages being pretty awesome. (KLEI PLEASE DON'T NERF WILSON PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE)

But seriously, this is a great game and you need to calm down because this is pretty senseless. I hope I helped, and maybe you can realize that finding Wes isn't everything about this game. :)

Was I talking to a developer. No I was taking to a person who posted.

Yeah, you were responding to a person that pointed out that the Wes threads here aren't ragequitters.  And they were responding to your claim that the devs had to have noticed, hence you were suggesting that the devs should be visiting ps3trophies.org.

But there's a big difference about not buying something that adds new content to a game just because you haven't unlocked a single character who's not even good(By that, I mean he's weak, not that he's poorly designed), and buying an incomplete product. I've bought all the DLC to Dishonored and I haven't done every single thing. And I've bought all the DLCs to Kingdoms of Amalur, and I haven't done all of the side quests. I haven't even finished the game (I got to the final boss and then my game crashed, corrupting my save).

You haven't played all the mission, but you can if you want to. I want to play the game as Wes, but aren't able to. There is a difference between the two.

I saw the thread. It was a bunch of whiny people who don't play a game for anything other than trophy hunting. Arguing whether or not it's a good game when the people aren't playing it because it's a game would be a lesson in

That's not an opinion at all, that's just you being spiteful. Besides, if they add another trophy for buying the DLC you'll have to download it.

I saw the thread. It was a bunch of whiny people who don't play a game for anything other than trophy hunting. Arguing whether or not it's a good game when the people aren't playing it because it's a game would be a lesson in futility.

No, I won't be buying any dlc. Because it wouldn't matter since I can't get %100 now anyway

What does it matter to you if they want the trophy.

See, this is why I'm thinking of leaving.  This forum is just a hive of hatred nowadays.

How is it hatred. I'm voicing my opinion on a game that I enjoyed playing and I'm upset because I can't unlock all the content.

Most of the people in this thread, that are arguing with me are PC players. So frankly, your arguments are mute. I willing to bet most of yous just hacked him into the game. Which I can't do.

Archived