Don't Starve for Veterans [HARDCORE]-Newcomers beware

I am currently starting a competition for surviving in Hardcore Mode. This challenge is for people who find the current setting too easy. I committed suicide with monster meat on day 100 to start a new game lol. This is also due to the fact that the game will be constantly be updated so I don't think it would be challenging if i had a box full of meat every time a new patch comes out. I will cover this mode for every new patch that comes out after. The mode will also be adjusted accordingly.

Rules:

Rule 1:create a new world

Rule 2:Limited crafting

-Craftable Items-

1)TORCH

2)BACKPACK

3)STRAWHAT ;)

Primary Mission

1)Survive

Secondary mission:

1)Map out entire map as Soon as possible

Current update: Hounds

Timelimit: 6/12/2012 - next patch

Might handicap this mode even more after I die because some people might find this too easy.

These are the highlights to my hardcore game so far. Almost died a few times ;)

Day 1-10

Waves of hounds survived: 2

My Map after day 10

post-3223-13764589502851_thumb.jpg

Have fun guys!! O ya interesting players get a potato. :cool:

Challenges that might also interest you:

Joyousterror's Survivor Challenge

Edited by Captain Potato

I have completed said challenge! I lvoe these challenge ideas, and want to try and complete all of them. I guess I'm kinda like the official challenge accepter! So gimme challenges.

---

Map completion: 100% (and I mean everything)

Total Days: 10

Total Beard Hairs: 3

Yes, I did beat you, since you only completed like 95% in 10 days. HA! I will post screenshots and video later, cause its like 60 GB and I gotta move it to-anyways, you'll see it tomorrow.

---

A couple of suggestions to the challenge (also, don't put a time limit on it :3):

- Once you attain 100% completion, shave off your beard hair and that'll mark you in for your category of greatness. For example:

Perfect Beard (1 hair): Username - x amount of days

Rough Beard (3 hair): ""

Disgusting Beard (9 hairs): ""

- Lemme wear a Top Hat (jeezus, I wanted it so bad). Make that also a dynamic to the challenge, so challenges will be further categorized into those who made a top hat and those who didn't (15 silk is pretty hard to get)

EDIT: Actually, I've been noticing some generic things that are in both our worlds, things that must be the same across worlds. First off, there are 9 islands of various sizes, there's two pig places with one being the pig king area, and only 3-5 beehives spawn in a world. These things are just regular occurrences, whether they're meant to be or not.

And yes, I want this challenge to be limited to the first playable character. It's more of a competition that way.

Edited by ShiftyCake

I think logsuits should also be an item you can craft , and maybe the feather hat , i love that hat...

Logsuit would definitely be way too helpful, IMO.

I am all for allowing the crafting of dapper vests, if someone would like to try a just how long can you survive like that period challenge.

That's my extension to this. Not only complete this challenge, but then go on and make a dapper suit and tophat as well. 9P

I am all for allowing the crafting of dapper vests, if someone would like to try a just how long can you survive like that period challenge.

That's my extension to this. Not only complete this challenge, but then go on and make a dapper suit and tophat as well. 9P

:/ I dropped all my teeth.

GODDAMIT.

I have completed said challenge! I lvoe these challenge ideas, and want to try and complete all of them. I guess I'm kinda like the official challenge accepter! So gimme challenges.

---

Map completion: 100% (and I mean everything)

Total Days: 10

Total Beard Hairs: 3

Yes, I did beat you, since you only completed like 95% in 10 days. HA! I will post screenshots and video later, cause its like 60 GB and I gotta move it to-anyways, you'll see it tomorrow.

---

A couple of suggestions to the challenge (also, don't put a time limit on it :3):

- Once you attain 100% completion, shave off your beard hair and that'll mark you in for your category of greatness. For example:

Perfect Beard (1 hair): Username - x amount of days

Rough Beard (3 hair): ""

Disgusting Beard (9 hairs): ""

- Lemme wear a Top Hat (jeezus, I wanted it so bad). Make that also a dynamic to the challenge, so challenges will be further categorized into those who made a top hat and those who didn't (15 silk is pretty hard to get)

EDIT: Actually, I've been noticing some generic things that are in both our worlds, things that must be the same across worlds. First off, there are 9 islands of various sizes, there's two pig places with one being the pig king area, and only 3-5 beehives spawn in a world. These things are just regular occurrences, whether they're meant to be or not.

And yes, I want this challenge to be limited to the first playable character. It's more of a competition that way.

haha...NICE..although i wasn't only trying to complete the map as I was messing about with stuff. Good job though!

good idea!