Prebuilt structure strategies?

In my last game I accidentally prebuilt a sign, and I realized that I could then drop it easily and quickly near a useful location without stopping to craft a plank, etc.  That got me thinking, depending on what you were doing, pre-building stuff like a tent (instant jump to dawn if in danger at night?) or a pig house (instant distraction for a chasing enemy?) might be useful too.

Maybe even a crockpot, for an instant way to cook up a bunch of food in the inventory found while exploring.

Does anyone make prebuilt structures a routine part of their strategy?

I didn't even think of campfires... Does a prebuilt campfire persist after death?  For example, can you build it after resurrecting?

I believe so? (It's been a while since I've tested this kind of thing). For a time, I don't know if you still can, you could bring entire bases worth of things through the teleportato via this, and into adventure mode.

I believe so? (It's been a while since I've tested this kind of thing). For a time, I don't know if you still can, you could bring entire bases worth of things through the teleportato via this, and into adventure mode.

Still works, did it on a recent save less than a week ago. This is especially nice when you take into account Shadow Manipulators.

Meat effigies.

Best pre-build, hands down.

I often use this for signs so if I find a useful marker spot, I can plant that sign. If that sign no longer us useful, then I hammer it to the board and re-pre-build it for another pre-loaded sign for any interesting locations i might find but not want to take the inventory yet. 

Signs are great for faerie rings.

Archived