Are Spider still flammable?

Are spiders still flammable?

I've been wondering if they still are, I would get mad at them for killing my Pigmen and then I would try to set them on fire, but the bad thing is they just won't lite....those little buggers. Have they gotten themselves fire proof?

It doesn't seem to be working anymore, anyone know why? And was it the update they had or just a bug?

Feel free to posts your thoughts, all feedback is appreciated.

Thank you. Zachary.

Edited by Jetexx

Huh... it looks like he's right. I just fought an entire Large Nest's worth of spiders with a Torch and not a single one lit on fire at any point. I tried dragging and dropping the Torch on the Spiders (like you do for Trees) and it just auto-equipped the Torch and whacked 'em upside the head. Equipping the Torch does the same thing. They took damage, but none of them were ever set alight. :/

On the plus side, the Torch was doing as much damage to the Spiders as a Spear would, and the light would cause them to occasionally cower instead of biting.

On the plus side, the Torch was doing as much damage to the Spiders as a Spear would, and the light would cause them to occasionally cower instead of biting.

But I bet that the decay rate of the torch was really fast, wasn't it? Either way, it compensates with the low cost and the "OH, MY EYES, my precious 8 eyes hurrrrrrt!" plus.

Either way, they should burrrrrn. This smells like a bug. And burnt hair.