Meat Trees!

Based off this.

Me and deerclops go way back sure we had some fights but meat don't grow on trees?

Another suggestion thread perhaps? ;)

Exactly what it sounds like.  Meaty Trees look like normal Spiky Trees, except for, of course, the meat hanging from their branches.  You can either pick them or cut them down.  Picking them yeilds 1-3 morsels (100 % chance) and 2-5 meat (40% chance).  They regrow their meat, but very slowly.  When burned down, they drop cooked morsels and cannot regrow the meat.  When cut down, they drop 3-7 Logs, Morsels, and very rarely, Nightmare Fuel.  They cannot be replanted.

Sounds like it fits Don't Starve to me.

Maybe the tree should first grow morsels, but after you wait a few days without picking them, the morsels turn into normal meat instead. Maybe it might even give out a Ham bat.

I think he means that every time you pick it, you get morsels, and there is a chance of getting a normal meat while doing this.

Makes sense, but isn't that way too much meat? The (proper) meat drop rate seems too high already even without additional morsels.

I'm not sure I understand what the point of the meat tree would be? It just sounds like a way to get meat for free, and the only thing that would do is make the game easier.

Now, if the tree could fight back in some way, I'd like it better. Although, that sounds like the lure plant. Or perhaps the tree is just difficult to get to. It could be situated in hazardous terrain or monsters could spawn around it because they're attracted to it or... something else.

If getting meat from it were dangerous or something, then it would actually be presenting the player with an interesting choice, instead of free resources. They'd have to decide if it was worth the risk, or find a way to lessen it.

I'm not sure I understand what the point of the meat tree would be? It just sounds like a way to get meat for free, and the only thing that would do is make the game easier.

Now, if the tree could fight back in some way, I'd like it better. Although, that sounds like the lure plant. Or perhaps the tree is just difficult to get to. It could be situated in hazardous terrain or monsters could spawn around it because they're attracted to it or... something else.

If getting meat from it were dangerous or something, then it would actually be presenting the player with an interesting choice, instead of free resources. They'd have to decide if it was worth the risk, or find a way to lessen it.

That's actually a good idea.  

I have to agree. The game is called "Don't Starve" right? Getting meat for free and without any difficulty would ruin the experience.

Archived