Scientific Discoveries

Watcha

So I went and tested out how many Deerclops would it take to clear out the reed trap set piece. Here are my results

- 4 full chests of T-Spikes (results may verry)

- 27 Tenticle Spots (results may verry)

- 7 Deerclops' Eye

- 56 Meats

- 7 stacks and 12 Monster Meats (results may verry)

And of course 55 Cut Reeds.

Obviously I debugspawned the clops but in my opinion it might be worth it, it'll just take some time. If there are any other set pieces to test out please let me know! This is what happnes when I have free time, just wanted to share this but it's too big for a status update C:

Don't be silly, tentacles don't eat food...

They eat the DS creatures only including you! (And The Deerclops eats Ice Cream.)

Glad I can "clear this up."

That makes me wonder, what DO tentacles actually eat? I mean, obviously the tentacle itself does not eat, but it comes from some beast deep underground. You find a big tentacle in the first caves, but nothing in the ruins. It's either an "Error from the devs" or the body lives in between. And if there is a layer in between, what lives there and how does it get there? and if it's just solid stone, what does the fox say tentacle body eat? If it's just roots like someone suggested somewhere, what are the nutrients from? SO MANY QUESTIONS!!! SOMEONE MAKE A TENTACLE OVERHAUL MOD NAAAOOOOOWWW!!!!

OR KLEI CAN ADD IT IN THE DLC

That makes me wonder, what DO tentacles actually eat? I mean, obviously the tentacle itself does not eat, but it comes from some beast deep underground. You find a big tentacle in the first caves, but nothing in the ruins. It's either an "Error from the devs" or the body lives in between. And if there is a layer in between, what lives there and how does it get there? and if it's just solid stone, what does the fox say tentacle body eat? If it's just roots like someone suggested somewhere, what are the nutrients from? SO MANY QUESTIONS!!! SOMEONE MAKE A TENTACLE OVERHAUL MOD NAAAOOOOOWWW!!!!

OR KLEI CAN ADD IT IN THE DLC

Yurrr! Yank dat sunnovagun outta his pothole and make him squeeeaall!!!! Chop em up intah rital beet saiz peesis!!

Seriously, it's just a giant trentacle (in the caves) with the feeler or "baby" tentacles we see in the swamps/caves up "top." Since  they asexually reproduced, they don't need to form a body. Of course, if you kill all the swamp feeler tentacles, they won't return. All of this is just discussed by Maxwell (and his bemusement they spread.)  

I cleared out a reed field with 20 Rockthuli without losing one of them.

And I didn't wear armor.  :cool2:

I imagine those rockthulu also went out to breed and destroy the rest of your surface world?

or does the setpiece spawn in caves to

You would use one of your four immovable shooterizers on a setpiece?

Why not?

I could use the hammer or the green staff to remove it once they finished they job. Or they are indestructible?

I never had one so i don't know what i can and cannot do with that thing...

I cleared out a reed field with 20 Rockthuli without losing one of them.

And I didn't wear armor.  :cool2:

I imagine those rockthulu also went out to breed and destroy the rest of your surface world?

or does the setpiece spawn in caves to

Actually I too was wondering if this was finally enough to kill them on the surface world/make them manageable enough to pen if you didn't when finally driving them here?

Why not?

I could use the hammer or the green staff to remove it once they finished they job. Or they are indestructible?

I never had one so i don't know what i can and cannot do with that thing...

So one armored Wolfgang is the equivalent of 7 Deerclopses?

You can't so save it for something better.

Hmm, 7 Deerclopses--is that before or after the possible Winter Chester/Portable Cold Box?

Because if it's after, absolutely YES he is then!

Before, only 3.  :-)

More seriously, on that second part of the quote, is there any way to "deconstruct" the Shootius without it being ruined?

Hmm, 7 Deerclopses--is that before or after the possible Winter Chester/Portable Cold Box?

Because if it's after, absolutely YES he is then!

Before, only 3.  :-)

More seriously, on that second part of the quote, is there any way to "deconstruct" the Shootius without it being ruined?

Before. Marble Suit, Shelmet and Darksowrd and I cleared them up without hassle...

And no. It can be moved, even with a Green Staff.

Before. Marble Suit, Shelmet and Darksowrd and I cleared them up without hassle...

And no. It can be moved, even with a Green Staff.

Hmm, just avoided them until late game if the set-piece spawned and slowly cleared them out with the Marble suit/Dark Sword...forgot the Shelmet silly me.

But would that combo easily work with all characters, or only the Mighty Wolfgang? I stink at Deerclops and Tentacle fighting, so not sure how much easier it is overall. 

And that other part of the quote, assuming you meant can't?

Hmm, just avoided them until late game if the set-piece spawned and slowly cleared them out with the Marble suit/Dark Sword...forgot the Shelmet silly me.

But would that combo easily work with all characters, or only the Mighty Wolfgang? I stink at Deerclops and Tentacle fighting, so not sure how much easier it is overall. 

And that other part of the quote, assuming you meant can't?

Yeah forgot the T.

And about the fight. It's not just about the endurance. It's the Damage Bonus that shines. You have to kill them fast before 3 of them stunlock you.

Yeah forgot the T.

And about the fight. It's not just about the endurance. It's the Damage Bonus that shines. You have to kill them fast before 3 of them stunlock you.

It was the damage bonus...thought so...yet that multiple tentacle stun-lock is the killer for me non-Wolfgang...so have to make sure only targeting/being targeted one at a time.

Otherwise. Ironically by the time you can pick  off that many and have the resources to do so (at least non-Wolfgang), that number of reeds//monster meat/spots/spikes really isn't  needed any more  I sure could use them on day 10 when not playing Wolfgang the Mighty though*sigh*

Archived