well that was lucky!

Yesterday I played a game with an amazing start.

Day 1.  Wormhole two screens away from origin.  Hop in.  Dense forest.  Decide to take out a few spiders while I'm there.  Two screens away MacTusk camp.  Two screens from there Chess Biome.  Even though I have no armor I decide to see if I can get some early gears.  Rhino doesn't get the job done but does get killed by spiders.  Two gears in hand on day 1.  One for Summer camp and one for Winter camp (near MacT).

Day 2.  Through the wormhole back to origin.  Follow brick road.  It goes on FOREVER!  Spot a tentacle trap, that could be fun.  Found a fire trap which nets me some wool.  Road finally ends in a small pig village.

Day 3.  Back down the road in the other direction.  Found boons with cut stone, another with ropes, and a third with the Beefalo hat some wool and a couple teeth.  All very nice finds this early in the game.  Then the holy grail of early game boons... the walking cane!  Road ends at another pig village with a king.

What a great start!  Unfortunately the distance between the two pig villages is HUGE.  The Beefalo are right in the middle between them as is the wormhole to MacTusk.  I decided to set up near the wormhole as I love being able to move quickly between the two camps.

After getting so lucky with discoveries so early it's a shame the layout is such a pain to move around in.

Yesterday I played a game with an amazing start.

Day 1.  Wormhole two screens away from origin.  Hop in.  Dense forest.  Decide to take out a few spiders while I'm there.  Two screens away MacTusk camp.  Two screens from there Chess Biome.  Even though I have no armor I decide to see if I can get some early gears.  Rhino doesn't get the job done but does get killed by spiders.  Two gears in hand on day 1.  One for Summer camp and one for Winter camp (near MacT).

Day 2.  Through the wormhole back to origin.  Follow brick road.  It goes on FOREVER!  Spot a tentacle trap, that could be fun.  Found a fire trap which nets me some wool.  Road finally ends in a small pig village.

Day 3.  Back down the road in the other direction.  Found boons with cut stone, another with ropes, and a third with the Beefalo hat some wool and a couple teeth.  All very nice finds this early in the game.  Then the holy grail of early game boons... the walking cane!  Road ends at another pig village with a king.

What a great start!  Unfortunately the distance between the two pig villages is HUGE.  The Beefalo are right in the middle between them as is the wormhole to MacTusk.  I decided to set up near the wormhole as I love being able to move quickly between the two camps.

After getting so lucky with discoveries so early it's a shame the layout is such a pain to move around in.

Dayum. I found one Mactusk house and it takes a few days to get to. It's day 170 something and only one Mactusk has been found so far, I killed it a few minutes ago and got no Tam.

Archived