This Beta Needs More Actual Testing

Cozyhut3

So could we fans show our love? We got 18 weeks worth of extra content for free, and I daresay we're all very close, players and devs alike. This is the last update, so may I sugget we go oht with a bang? I know most of you, (least of all, me!) are very busy with work/school, but it would do wonders for lots of people (Kevin, Bryce, Alia, the rest of the dev team, their wives and kids, and even other players) if we could commit to at least an hour of beta testing this weekend.

So whadd'y'all say? Ready to prove our true gentlemanly scientistness?

The smaller the updates became, the less testing happened... I also gotta ask the devs, if it's not too much to ask for: When someone makes a bug report here, could you make a reply wether or not the bug is an actual bug? Imo that would be more motivational to report bugs and test.. You know Klei saw the report and know what's up with the bug.

There's still some reported issues that haven't been replied to or clarified, which still puzzles me. Are they bugs, are they fixed without appearing in the changelist etc. Since this is about testing, communication is key for both devs and testers. Well, hunt them bugs for the last scheduled update! :)

Well thre's not much new stuff to test...

As someone who's done programming before, I can say that even the slightest change to a program can bring potentially game-breaking bugs. 

But to everybody else who says that the build seems stable, I guess it's possible they pulled a rabbit out of their hat on this one. I'd just prefer to be safe over being sorry, because this is, for the devs at any rate, hopefully the last patch.

As someone who's done programming before, I can say that even the slightest change to a program can bring potentially game-breaking bugs. 

But to everybody else who says that the build seems stable, I guess it's possible they pulled a rabbit out of their hat on this one. I'd just prefer to be safe over being sorry, because this is, for the devs at any rate, hopefully the last patch.

If they needed more testing time, I doubt they'd need a random player to tell them so, that's all. :/

Archived