Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

Cozyhut3

Mosquito Loot, "Living Tree"?

Cozyhut3    119

So as I am unable to play Don't Starve (what is this witchcraft?) at the moment, would anyone care to elaborate on these two subjects for me? :> (BTW, I know the Living Tree is probably just the Treeguard, but that doesn't stop my boundless curiosity. ;) )

Amkar    405

I love that it's possible to get advanced magic without the random luck of getting a treeguard now.

SamLogan    879

Mosquito have 50% to drop a Mosquito Sack that heal the player by 8 health points. 

sack.jpg

Source :

- mosquito.lua

- mosquitosack.lua

Cozyhut3    119

Mosquito have 50% to drop a Mosquito Sack that heal the player by 3 health points. 

sack.jpg

Source :

- mosquito.lua

- mosquitosack.lua

By St. Augustine... I found the image file for that in the game files so very, very long ago...

Delta/V    43

It would be cool if the mosquito sack healed more depending on the amount of blood sucked by the mosquito when it was killed.

Cozyhut3    119

It would be cool if the mosquito sack healed more depending on the amount of blood sucked by the mosquito when it was killed.

Dude, that's exactly what I hoped it would do!

TeoSS69    2,204

You guys sure that's not the case? Because 3 health for a common drop on a rare mob is too low...

SamLogan    879

You guys sure that's not the case? Because 3 health for a common drop on a rare mob is too low...

Sorry I did a little mistake it's 8 points instead 3. But it amolst the same.

SetSharedLootTable( 'mosquito',{    {'mosquitosack', .5},})

So it's a 50% chance.

About the heal effect :

inst:AddComponent("healer")    inst.components.healer:SetHealthAmount(TUNING.HEALING_MEDSMALL)

So if you check the tuning.lua you obtain this :

HEALING_MEDSMALL = 8

Hugo M.    843

I'm pretty sure they only created this so no one could say that mosquitos are useless or that they don't drop anything.