Pigs became Werewolfs??

So after surviving another night I went into a pig village that I found not to long ago, after studying them I can tell that they are not the smartest animal in the game, they don't do anything at all but at least they give you poop if you give them food.The next day i went to the village with some food so I could get some poop to use on my farm.

When I arrived I saw this medium sized creature full of hair and it looked like a pig so I named it the werepig because it looked like a werewolf and a pig and there was at least 4 of them.I tried to see if there was any normal pigs but I was afraid of them so I only saw the king of the pigs.Soooo...wtf happen??Was there some sort of infection that turned the pigs or is it a different sort of creature??

And most important of all, will they go away or do i have to kill them, and if I do what is the best way to do it?

Edited by PikaRock

Soooo...wtf happen??Was there some sort of infection that turned the pigs or is it a different sort of creature??

And most important of all, will they go away or do i have to kill them, and if I do what is the best way to do it?

Hmmm? Well pig men suffer from a "condition" when the full moon comes along and it lasts throughout the day. They will go away, or you can kill them. Usually they do a good job of getting themselves killed because they attack everything that isn't a werepig. What you don't want to do is get too close or they'll attack you. Oh, and they're faster than you so good luck trying to run away.

If you want some extra fun, kill several spiders and feed the monster meat to just one pig man. If you do, you'll get a surprise... ;)

WHat do you use the pig poop for? And also how can you tell when it is a fullmoon. I was on day 45 and then I feed them Monster meat..........that was a bad move I learned from because I died right after. I was sooo mad. What is a good use for the monster meat?

WHat do you use the pig poop for? And also how can you tell when it is a fullmoon. I was on day 45 and then I feed them Monster meat..........that was a bad move I learned from because I died right after. I was sooo mad. What is a good use for the monster meat?

The manure can used to fertilize things, and make farm plots. And you can see when it's full moon at night, on a small circle at the left side of the day/night meter. And a good use for monster meat is bait for Hounds, as they will ignore you and go for the monster meat at the ground you can easily kill them, or you could cook them in the crock pot and eat them.

Thanks! I was using the beefalo poo. I planted berry bushes and grass but cpuldn't figure out how to make them grow but now I do. I used the monster meat with the crock pot but I didn't think of it as bait for the hounds!

Thanks for the tips!

You can also feed flower petals to the pigs to produce manure too. But it's more efficient if you're closer to the beefalos as they produce manure without any cost, and they normally are in a big group, so getting a lot of it isn't very hard.

I for one always give my monster meat to pigs, in order to turn them into werepigs and farm them. Normal pigs have only a 25% chance of dropping pig skin (used to make pig houses / football helmet), while werepigs have a 100% chance. Also, killing werepigs doesn't count towards your naughtiness meter (which spawns Krampus when too high), whereas normal pigs do.

I for one always give my monster meat to pigs, in order to turn them into werepigs and farm them. Normal pigs have only a 25% chance of dropping pig skin (used to make pig houses / football helmet), while werepigs have a 100% chance. Also, killing werepigs doesn't count towards your naughtiness meter (which spawns Krampus when too high), whereas normal pigs do.

Wow, really? I didn't know about that, thanks for the info, it's going to be very useful!

Just keep in mind that Werepigs are far and away the most dangerous monster in the game: they take 4-6 hits to kill, don't stun-lock when hit, run as fast as you, and deal huge damage if you're not wearing any armor. So while Zind's tactics are sound, they're also dangerous. Be sure you're confident (and well-armed) if you're going to go werepig hunting.

Where is the naughtiness meter? SO many things I didn't know about the game. I now know about the moon cycle. I need to know about the naughtiness cycle and also how does it effect you? Also, what can you do with the killer bees after you capture them?

Where is the naughtiness meter? SO many things I didn't know about the game. I now know about the moon cycle. I need to know about the naughtiness cycle and also how does it effect you? Also, what can you do with the killer bees after you capture them?

The naughiness "meter" is invisible. Basically, whenever you kill a defenseless animal (pig men, birds, rabbits, etc) you get a little naughtiness. If you go on a huge killing spree, Krampus will appear to "punish" you. Naughtiness will fade over time if you stop killing. That's about it. Honestly, Krampus isn't all that bad: just wait for him to go after your loot, then stab him a lot while he's distracted.

As for Killer Bees (captured or not), about all you can do is release them and then kill 'em for Honey and Stingers. They can't be used for making Bee Boxes, so if you want some of those, you need to Bug Net the not-angry bees while they're gathering honey outside the bee hives.

As of now, there is no naughtiness meter. The only way to tell if you've gained naughtiness is to listen for a little hiss after you kill something. If you accumulate too much naughtiness Krampus will show up and break your chests and make off with your items. You can kill him to get them back, but since his behavior is similar to that of a Gobbler he may escape with your items (he has the ability to enter his sack and disappear, so I've heard.) or, if you corner him on the edge of the map to catch him he may drop your items into the ocean, rendering them irretrievable. I wouldn't sweat it too much though. As of the latest hotfix you really have to go on a murderous rampage against all pig and bunny kind to get him to spawn, seeing as every 60 seconds of real-life time one naughtiness point is forgiven. I think you need 20 or so naughtiness points to get Krampus to spawn, but don't quote me on that number. Krampus isn't all bad though. He has a very small chance to drop his sack, which acts like your backpack but has a different skin and two more inventory slots than your backpack, leading some players to summon him intentionally to try and get his sack. I didn't even get this game until after the naughty and nice update, so I didn't know about Krampus. I survived through the early game by hunting rabbits and foraging berries and seeds. Unknown to me was the fact that every time I killed a rabbit it gave me a naughtiness point. I was killing quite a few of the little buggers for sustenance and Krampus never showed up. So it's not particularly easy to summon him on accident. As for your question about the killer bees, I don't have any information on that one. I've never messed with bees.

Just keep in mind that Werepigs are far and away the most dangerous monster in the game: they take 4-6 hits to kill, don't stun-lock when hit, run as fast as you, and deal huge damage if you're not wearing any armor. So while Zind's tactics are sound, they're also dangerous.

Well, actually werepigs CAN be stunlocked, but not without help. Everytime a werepig takes a hit, he's stunned for a very short time, and the player doesn't attack quickly enough to paralyze him. However, with the help of 3 or 4 pigs, he will die without being able to do anything. You won't even have to attack him yourself, the pigs will slaughter him.

Usually, what I do is :

- Take a stack of 20 monster meats with me

- Go to the nearest group of pig houses

- Feed 1 monster meat to each pig to make them all follow me

- Give 2 monster meats to one of them (for a total of 3) Wait until he turns into a werepig.

- Click on him but make your character back off before he touches him. This will make your pig allies attack him.

- Quickly go over the werepig as he dies, and hold space to loot the pig skin before one of your pigs eats it.

- Repeat.

When you're down to the last pig however, you'll have to solo him. It's still feasible without taking any hit, by dodging his attack -> hitting once -> repeat. Just like with a spider, only a bit harder (and riskier :p).

Or you can just kill the last pig without turning him into a werepig if you're scared of it / don't have any protection.

All good tips. I never thought of stunlocking a werepig with more pigs, but it's a good idea. As for the last werepig, yeah, a bit of "just in case" armor and hit and run tactics is the way to go - it's just more difficult to dodge and counter a werepig, as they are faster and more aggresive than spiders, normal pigs, and hounds.

Anyway. I was just warning scoops about fighting werepigs if they're not well-versed in the ways of Don't Starve combat.

Yea, I get the Pig Skins by Hammering down the pig houses. I am not going to deal with they werepigs because my fighting skills are not up to par. I take the safe way for now atleats. I even us my rabbit traps to catch the spiders instead of dealing with them, unless it is a snall nest tha I will kill the four and hack the nest.