Yet Another Hambat Buff Suggestion

As it stands, the hambat is rather expensive to craft and not very rewarding to use. Blah blah blah; you've probably heard this before, but it would be nice to see it buffed.

Anyway, we have a weapon (the bat bat) that gives you health when you attack things so that you can gain health from combat. So what if the hambat increased your sanity on hit? This could make sense because hitting monsters with meat is definitely a pleasurable activity.

Basically, this would allow you to raise your sanity quickly by whacking some, for example, spiders with it.

If this is somehow too powerful, it could be countered by lowering the hambat's damage. You're trying to gain sanity, not kill monsters efficiently.

However, I'm more concerned that this buff would not be good enough, because sanity stops being a major problem as soon as you find the Tam o' Shanter.

I got two potential ways in mind to buff the hambat. One would be like your idea with an added con, it regains sanity on hit at the cost of hunger (whacking enemies with something edible, instead of eating it!). I'd support your idea aswell.

An other idea I have would be to tie the damage dealt with the spoilage state the hambat is in. Fresh does full damage, stale does 25 damage, and spoiled does 13 damage. The hambat would be ridden of it's durability in the process, so it would be usable untill it is rotten away. Now the spoil rate of the hambat would be 3 ingame days, and after 1,5 day it will be stale and do less damage, and in 2,5 days it will be spoiled. Basically this provides you with an "infinite" spear for 1,5 days, to whack stuff with to your heart's content :D And it would actually be worth making if you're planning on engaging into fisticuffs with a lot of small critters.

All it needs is more durability.

All the hambat needs is durability

Huh? I can only see that working if they gave it a lot more durability than the spear, or removed its durability entirely, like Spaz suggested. Otherwise, it'd just be a more expensive spear that rots away.

Yes yes I know, the hambat uses renewable resources and the spear doesn't. But, since flint is renewable in caves, is this even a significant issue anymore?

Even if more durability would balance it, I guess I'd still rather see something more creative. : /

Huh? I can only see that working if they gave it a lot more durability than the spear, or removed its durability entirely, like Spaz suggested. Otherwise, it'd just be a more expensive spear that rots away.

Yes yes I know, the hambat uses renewable resources and the spear doesn't. But, since flint is renewable in caves, is this even a significant issue anymore?

Even if more durability would balance it, I guess I'd still rather see something more creative. : /

What I was trying to say is that if it doesn't rots away I'll use it,because killing monsters with ham is funnier than using any other weapon in game.The fact that it rots makes it useless in my opinion,it's a expensive spear with time limit.Who will prefer that over the regular spear?

Good point... Why not SCIENTIFICALLY make it drain hunger? Eh? Eh? Not sure how that would work though.

Eh, I'd rather any new abilities that the hambat gets be based on the fact that it is a club made of meat. If it were to be changed into some crazy magic or sciency weapon, they might as well just be making an entirely new item.

Eh, I'd rather any new abilities that the hambat gets be based on the fact that it is a club made of meat. If it were to be changed into some crazy magic or sciency weapon, they might as well just be making an entirely new item.

I know. Just throwing some the idea out there.

Archived