What Does Being In Beta Mean?

Bigfoot

• Developer

Hey all,

Welcome to the Eets Munchies Beta! This game has been in development for some time as we slow burned the process, and we're finally ready to show it to the world. Debuting the game in the Humble Indie Bundle is a bit of a gamble, but we've always thrived on trying new things.

We built Eets to be a family-friendly puzzle game. It's a game that's amazing to play with kids, but also interesting on its own. With the Puzzle Maker, we've built a fully-functional level editor that we use internally to build our puzzles, so the sky is the limit on creating and consuming additional content. 

So what does Beta mean for Eets Munchies? For us, it means the major features of the game are in, but some of the content and polish are still being implemented.

So what's in the Beta?

• About 60% of the levels are completed
  • A fully functional Puzzle Maker so you can build your own puzzles
  • All the items available in the Puzzle Maker

As with all our betas, the game is continually updated, and we would love to hear feedback as you play the game!

What's missing?

• Steam Workshop integration so your levels can be shared easily with your friends, cross-platform
  • At least one more world and even more puzzles
  • Lots of polish elements as we continue to playtest and gather your feedback

Thanks, and enjoy!

• Developer

By the way, @Bigfoot I can't download it. Tried changing the install paths but it just comes up with "invalid install path" Fix it please!

May I ask what platform you are playing on?

Have you tried exiting out of Steam and restarting your computer?

Hey there @Dimitri2401

This new version of Eets actually has an entirely new download and key you will want to use. 

We have updated all the previous supporters of Eets Munchies to include the new download and keys as well as a special surprise to thank you for your support. 

Check the Humble page from when you originally purchased the game. If you can't find your original purchase email, we are sending out a new email that you should be getting shortly that will include the link for you!

Have fun!

To those having problems with keys not adding to the library and games not wanting to install, this seems to be a Steam issue. It's been weird all day. I've had to restart 3 times now, and this is happening for other games I have keys for, too, not just Eets.

Hey there @Dimitri2401

This new version of Eets actually has an entirely new download and key you will want to use. 

We have updated all the previous supporters of Eets Munchies to include the new download and keys as well as a special surprise to thank you for your support. 

Check the Humble page from when you originally purchased the game. If you can't find your original purchase email, we are sending out a new email that you should be getting shortly that will include the link for you!

Have fun!

Amazing :)

And thanks for the really cool surprise!

To those having problems with keys not adding to the library and games not wanting to install, this seems to be a Steam issue. It's been weird all day. I've had to restart 3 times now, and this is happening for other games I have keys for, too, not just Eets.

Yeah, it is a steam issue, restarting until it finally pops up seems to be the only fix for this at this time. Although I wonder if searching your game library would make it pop up? I have heard of it working before, But I don't have confirmation that it will work in this case. 

Archived