material requirements lowered? too low?

just wondering how everyone feels about how cheap it is to make certain items now, chests are cheaper, gold weapons among other things. im not certain i like it though, its starting to make me worry about the difficulty of the game getting too easy, not saying that it HAS yet but just throwing it out there to see what everyone thinks

Have you looked at the roadmap thread up in the stickies? With the things they have planned (especially winter and taking one-way portals into more difficult worlds), it looks like survival will become quite difficult even with certain items being cheaper to craft.

It's only too easy because you hit the content wall. Once the game is done, there will be new challenges that will require you to not hang around your base camp until you reach critical mass on all the stuff you want. Eventually there we be tougher monsters, more surprise attacks, the onset of winter, and portals to new worlds with beefed-up monsters and fewer resources.

And like Kirby said, having to farm more of the same materials over and over isn't really "challenge", it just makes it so that you can't be "set for life" until Day 50 instead of Day 30 (Day numbers totally made up).

yeah i get the tedium thing, but it wasn't really that bad, i have just noticed a few things that were kinda fun and interesting that dont really happen anymore because of the reduced requirements, like the firepit thing. was kinda cool being close to death or just in trouble with a few different monsters attacking you just before nightfall with no wood on hand. having to kite monsters while making a pass at the firepit to keep it lit with scraps you scrape up while running dodging. now it only takes 2 logs for a full blaze so i just drop a log and fight for as long as i need. kinda reduced the thrill of that situation

again this is just one small example and not so much a complaint as a request of others opinions on similar situations/changes

Grass was way overused they thought, after the nerf they realized u need grass for everything, so they partially reverted it. Good change imo.

As for golden tools, u used to be able to chop 100 of the biggest trees with 1 golden axe that costed 4 twigs and 4 gold.

Now its 20 of the biggest trees with 1 golden axe, that costs 4 twigs and 2 gold.

100 trees currently costs 20 twigs and 10 gold. It hasnt become cheaper, but again it was a small buff after a very significant nerf.