Clear "Biome" Distinction on maps

Ever since I watched the lets play that made me get this game, and playing it, I've loved it, but something that's always annoyed me is that in the map, there IS a difference between how biomes appear on the map (biomes meaning like swamp, grass, yellow field, forest etc.), but they are very slight differences.

Whenever I look at the map, I need to zoom right in and have a look straight in to see the biome I'm trying to find, I have bad memory so I can't memorize where a place on the map is.

Is it at all a problem to implement this?

You would be surprised how often this suggestion has come up before. In fact, I myself made a similar suggestion so I can't help but agree. For me I was mostly concerned with swamps, as tentacles live in swamps and that's a dangerous biome... and yet it's fairly impossible to determine where a swamp starts/ends on the map. The only clear indicator an island even has a swamp is icons for reeds and ponds... but again, that doesn't show the borders of the swamp biome.

I've never seen this suggested (though I didn't search, just from looking at the forums over the time I've been here), but it does seem like a pretty easy thing, I hope they can do this, maybe just a pale shade like light green for grassy, dark green for forest, purple for swamp, just a very light shade or outline so you cna still see the art of the map, know what I mean?

EDIT: Also, yes, Wendy looks very nice in a feather hat xD

Though I haven't unlocked feather hat or Wendy, I'm currently playing as Willow

Edited by Zezarict

I'd say sexy but it might be rude so suddenly ;)

I explored just then for 10 days and died, did not find a single pig or beefalo, no manure for meh

- - - Updated - - -

I explored just then for 10 days and died, did not find a single pig or beefalo, no manure for meh

I'm pretty sure Wendy is a minor... :p

Keep on tryin'. Kevin is apparently making a change tonight though that will make my life harder. I assume he plans to make it so chests no longer block pathfinding... making my chest-wall fort useless... gotta do something or the hounds will come for me! :o

This change doesn't seem necessary in my opinion but it's a nice QoL update. Most people can tell what biome is what by looking at the icons (rocks, swamps, grass, bees), but making the UI easier to read is always a welcome change in my book.

i was walking around i found a beefalo group and they were in this kind of sandy terrain so i was there for a while and then i went away next day i looked for it on the map and i couldn't really find it and i thought why dont you put the colours on the map like swampy terrain stone terrain normal terrain and sandy terrain so itd be easier to see where everything is

Yes this is quite a common suggestion. If u zoom in on the map there ARE differences in terrain, but they all use the same yellowish color, the black markings are just a little different.

Things have been a little hectic with all the rebalancing after the hounds patch of 27 nov. But be assured, the devs read the forums and respond in them aswell and this change has been suggested very often. It doesnt have priority over game balance ofc ;)