Aarin's Art and Writing

Hello I'm AarinsRitsuka! You can simply called Aarin if you would like. I've actually been into Don't Starve for awhile but have been too chicken to actually join the forum and share the things I've done. So here I am taking a chance. I hope some of you might like what I got. Nothing special or anything I think but who knows -shrugs- (◡‿◡✿)post-59200-13764596214218_thumb.jpgSomeone requested Spider!Wilson on Tumblr from mepost-59200-13764596215548_thumb.jpgI went to a glass blowing studio, got bored while waiting my turn and doodled a Wilson.post-59200-13764596216098_thumb.jpgOne of the first drawings of William Carter that I didpost-59200-13764596216438_thumb.jpgSomeone on tumblr awhile ago wanted me to draw William chasing a bunny named Charlie and so voila that is what I did.post-59200-13764596216784_thumb.jpgI was messing around with a tablet in my animation class. I never used a tablet before in my life and I dare say It turned out pretty good. I had to finish coloring William in Photofiltre rather than Photoshop but I still thought it turned out pretty good.

Edited by AarinsRitsuka
  • Like 1

Blood and Science - A Don't Starve AUThis Fic involves William Carter and Wilson P. HiggsburyWord count: 680Rating: PG. Nothing but talking right now.Summary: Wilson is living in early 1900’s America and is currently sharing a decently sized apartment with a friend (who is Willow). Unemployed and disgrunteled, not to mention having an experiment blow up in his face, Wilson goes out shopping for his experiments only to meet someone rather interesting.So this is going to turn into a bit of a long fic split up into chapters. It’s going to be based off the interesting AU idea here Link. If you read it you’ll get a sense of where I’m going with this. Hopefully you guys will enjoy it~____________________________It was the early 1900s in America and things seemed to be going well for everyone. People were happy, people were smiling, everyone was having a great time. All except for one man. One man living in a busy city, in a shared, decent sized apartment with a room all to himself. This man wasn’t happy and even more so as a boom was heard and the door to a room flew open as smoke followed a coughing man out. Hair was in disarray, covered in dark smudge spots, and clothing disheveled. Footsteps bounded down the hall as a female voice spoke up.“Wilson! What did you do this time!?”The man, now known as Wilson, looked up coughing still “Sorry Willow. I mixed the wrong chemicals on accident and they… well it was rather explosive as you can see” he said giving a sheepish smile. Willow shook her head with a sigh before going into his room and opening up the window to air out the room “All I can say, Wilson, is that you better clean up this mess.” After giving another shake of her head she left, going back to whatever she was doing before.Wilson gave a sigh of his own and went back to his experiments. It was only a few hours later when he noticed that he was missing a few ingredients and he supposed he might as well get a few more cleaning supplies while he was out. So it wasn’t long until he was out on the busy streets carrying a few brown paper bags, all while wearing his rubber gloves which he forgot to take off. Wilson was looking where he was going thus making him run into someone. The scientist gave an ‘oof’ when he hit the man’s back and dropped one of his bags.Wilson started to apologize to the neatly dressed man as the other turned around waving his hand in dismissal. Crouching down he picked the bag that was dropped and started to stand back up. When Wilson reached out for it the man stopped and gave him a curious look.“If you don’t mind me asking, sir, but why are you wearing those gloves?” he pointed out, a British accent being heard as he spoke.The scientist almost seemed offended by the question as he answered him “These gloves, sir, are for science!” he said strongly “ I am a scientist in case you didn’t notice” he finished crossing his arms. The man chuckled a little bit at him as he handed the bag back before pushing the round, wire framed glasses he wore back up the bridge of his nose. A warm smile came to his face as he looked down at the slightly shorter man.“A scientist huh? How wonderful to meet someone else that’s rather passionate about the field.” It was Wilson’s turn to give a curious look to the finely dressed man as he chuckled “Oh how rude of me, sir. You see I’m a scientist myself. A science professor to be more exact. I work at the University in this here city and it makes me happy to see someone so enthusiastic about science outside of my work place, let alone out here on the streets shopping.”Wilson seemed to brighten and perk up as he listened to him. A big smile adorned his face as he set his things down by his feet. Hands clasped together in delight with the distinct squeak of rubber. Wilson was actually rather happy that he had accidentally run into this man. Hands snatched out and quickly took the bespectacled man’s hands into his own and shook them happily.“How absolutely wonderful! Me meeting a science professor from the University~ My name is Wilson by the way. Wilson P. Higgsbury. It’s a pleasure to meet you~” he said grinning widely.A smile stayed on the man’s face as his hands were shaken and Wilson introduced himself. Pulling his hands back he spoke.“My name is William carter. It’s a pleasure to meet you Mister Higgsbury.”

post-59200-13764596217413_thumb.jpgI have been listening to Electro Swing a lot lately and wanted to practice more moving figures. And so who were my test subjects to draw? William Carter and Maxwell. I say they turned out pretty well. Under their names are the Electro Swing songs that I listened to in order to draw these two.

post-59200-13764596217261_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Blood and Science - Chapter 2________________Wilson continued to smile. So the man’s name was William Carter. He would have to be sure to remember that as he pulled at his gloves to keep them up before reaching down to pick up his bags again. It really was a nice little accident of him running into William and he started to get a few ideas in his head as he opened his mouth “Mister Carter. I know we have just made each other’s acquaintance but I was wondering if you would like to take a look at my experiments some time. It would be good to have a second pair of eyes to look over and have an opinion who understands my work, especially one of a University standard.”William listened to him and smiled before he looked down at the watch he had pulled out to see the time “As much as I would love to Mister Higgsbury I’m afraid I can’t for today. I have prior engagements. But this Saturday I’m free so if I could get an address I will be sure to pay you a visit to see your work” he offered up to him. He thought it would be fair if he came to see what he had on a convenient day such as day.The scientist listened to what the taller man had to say and he nodded his head. That sounded good to him and it was understandable too that the other would be busy. So he gave William the address of the apartment that he shared with Willow. His excitement was great and he couldn’t stop smiling as William committed the address to memory “Got it up here” he said tapping the side of his head “I’ll see you on Saturday Mister Higgsbury.”“See you on Saturday Mister Carter.”____________________As Saturday came around Wilson thought he was going to explode with excitement. He made sure the apartment was clean and that his room was presentable with his ‘best’ experiments out and ready for William when he came. Willow noticed this and she came into his room as he was adjusting things for about the tenth time that day “Why are you so excited, Wilson?” she asked leaning against the door frame. Wilson smiled as he turned to face her.“I’m having a university professor that I met the other day while I was out come over to see my experiments. He seemed to be a nice man and I’m sure he’ll appreciate my work.”Willow tapped her foot listening to him “As long as you boys don’t destroy the place if you tinker with anything I’ll be fine. And as always if you make a mess clean it up” she said before leaving his room. The scientist rolled his eyes and waited spotting the familiar man from his window moving to meet him downstairs. With the door flying open so suddenly and Wilson ready to great him it startled William a little bit and he was on the defensive for a few moments before recollecting himself.“Mister Higgsbury you startled me by coming out like that” he said taking in a deep breath so he could calm his rapidly beating heart. Wilson scratched the back of his head sheepishly and he shrugged “Sorry about that. I’m just really happy to see that you actually came. To be honest I had my doubts Mr. Carter.”William chuckled “I always keep my promises, Wilson” he said using his first name this time. Wilson gave a small laugh before ushering him inside and up to the apartment. He pushed him past Willow he was just standing there and immediately showed him to his room. Excitedly he began to show the British man all of his experiments but his excitement seemed to wane as he didn’t hear a word come from William’s mouth about them. The man was simply watching silently and Wilson couldn’t tell if he was liking them or not so he decided to take a chance and ask.“So, um, William… what do you think?” the scientist asked hoping the other man wouldn’t crush the hopeful feeling he was happy.Pushing his glasses back up on his face a slow smile came onto his lips “I think you have a lot of great potential, Wilson. All of these experiments are genius in their own way and I can see you worked very hard on them. But such a facility like your room is not a proper place for such experimentation.”The scientist nodded his head and scratched the back of his neck “I know but I don’t exactly have a job in order to create the necessary funds so I can make my experiments better” he said sighing. He tried so many times to get people to help him fund his experiments or even get a job of his own, he tried so hard to even get at least ONE of his papers published to be recognized but no such luck.William smiled a little bit and chuckled and he stepped forward to look out the window at the people passing by on the street. Drumming fingers on the window pane he looked back at the other man.“How would you like to come and see a true scientist’s facility?”Wilson’s eyes widened “You would take me to see one?” he asked quickly.“Of course. You showed me your work. It would only be fair if I showed you mine. Right, Mister Higgsbury?”Wilson nodded his head eagerly and with a big smile he led Wilson out of the apartment and down the streets of the city only to arrive at a lush green, and student filled campus of the university he worked at. William let Wilson take in the sights of the campus for a little bit before leading him down to the science buildings, more specifically to one of the biggest ones. Stopped and undid the tie around his neck “I want to surprise you. I’m sure you haven’t seen anything like what I’m going to show you. You’ll get a bigger shock if I blind fold you first.”The other man could understand that and he felt giddy to see what William had to show him. Smiling William tied the piece of clothing around his eyes and led him inside. The sound of light switches being flicked on could be heard and Wilson clasped his hands together as he felt the cloth be removed from his eyes.“Open your eyes now, Wilson.”

Woah, this is a big amount of arts and stories! And i don't regret reading all that, i liked it so very much :3 this is amazing, finally people are thinking outside Wilson's apartament. Good job!

Oh my god I'm so glad that you like it~ Thank you so much!

- - - Updated - - -

Blood and Science - Chapter 3

When he was told that he could open his eyes Wilson gave an audible gasp making the bespectacled man behind him chuckle in amusement. The scientist couldn’t believe his very eyes, what he was seeing. All of this equipment. The test tubes, the beakers and flasks. All the different colored liquids and glass and just all sorts of scientific machines that he could never imagine. His stuff paled in comparison to all of this. Wilson was simply in awe and his jaw dropped and he simply couldn’t close his mouth. William reached over and gently used his index and middle finger to push his chin up in order to help close his mouth with a smile. The taller man gentle urged him forward to look “So assuming from your silence and simply the look on your face you’re impressed, Wilson?" He questioned with a smile.

Wilson nodded his head as a big grin stretched across his face “Yes…. Yes! All of this is amazing! This is so much more than I could imagine to possibly afford to get. All of this equipment and chemicals. Acids and Bases, solids and liquids. All the colors and elaborate looking pieces it’s…. It’s simply beautiful" he said with a great admiration and fondness in his voice.

William enjoyed the admiration Wilson had but he could almost detect a slight sadness in his voice. He assumed it was because Wilson couldn’t do anything like this in his little room in the apartment he shared. Humming he tapped his chin in thought as the other man took great care in looking at the various experiments set out on the lab tables so he wouldn’t disturb them. Smiling he snapped his fingers to get his attention as a thought came to his mind and he walked up putting his hands on his shoulders before speaking.

"You know, Wilson I was thinking about something" he started off “You seem very passionate about your work. You work hard on it and I could see that in both your experiments and just that proud look on your face." Wilson seemed interested in what he was saying and William continued “Maybe, if you’re interested, you could come and collaborate on some experiments with me. Even continue your own here. Things can go only so far with students but with another brilliant mind of science like yours here think of all of the things that could happen! And you might finally get some recognition too. Wouldn’t that be nice?~" the bespectacled man purred with a grin.

Wilson stared up at him and didn’t say anything. It was like he was frozen and at first William thought maybe he might be a little broken. Humming he was about to shake him when Wilson suddenly embraced him in a tight hug “Yes! I will take you up on that! Oh thank you so much Mister Carter!" He said brightly before pulling back and blushed a little in embarrassment straightening out his clothes and looking to the side. William smiled and pushed his glasses back up his face “Well you’re welcome. The lab is always free for any of the science students to use but with you now you can come in whenever you want as long as it’s open. If you come by my office is near here and will obviously have my name on it."

Wilson’s smile came right back and for the rest of the time William showed him around the lab. Showing off the experiments and let him play around a little. Before they both knew it time flew by them an it was time for Wilson to head back.

"Thank you so much for giving me that offer and allowing me to look around. This is certainly a great facility."

"You’re welcome again, Wilson. Come by any time you wish tomorrow. I’ll be here. If there are other students don’t be shy to come in anyway. I would walk back with you but I have a few things I need to take care if. I trust you know your way back from here?"

Wilson nodded his head and said his goodbyes. William waved until he couldn’t see him any longer before slowly putting his hand down. The bespectacled man’s face slowly turned from a smile to one with a very small frown. Turning he shut off the the lights and locked up the building but not before grabbing a few things and putting them in his pocket before finally leaving.

A woman walked by herself along the sidewalk at night. It was very late and the only people on the streets were few and far between or the few drunkards that had slipped from the bars with a liquor bottle in hand. She weaves between them and ignored them carefully only to accidentally run into a man. He apologized softly to her but also she did was give a huff before walking down again and turning into an alley. Stopping she swore under her breath “Where the **** is he? I did not come out in the middle of the god damn night only for him not to ****ing show up."

She stood with a huff as silent footsteps came up behind her. A man with a dark grin lashed out quickly and pulled her to his chest. A cloth cover her mouth and a perfectly polished silver scalpel brought close to her eye as she fought and screamed but it was muffled from the cloth. The man pressed the sharp tip right under her eye and made a ‘shhh’ing sound in her ear and one could almost hear the smirk on his face.

"Now now ladies shouldn’t swear. That isn’t proper. Not very lady like for you" he purred into her ear.

She cried and shook in fear as tears slowly developed in her eyes and fell down her cheeks as she struggled some more in the man’s grasp. A few tears pooled up around the scalpel’s edge before falling as he whispered into her ear once more.

"And besides such pretty ladies shouldn’t swear."

post-59200-13764596652103_thumb.jpgSo I drew Wes for the first time ever. I really like how he came out in this. The picture isn't of very good quality because I took it with my iPod camera but good enough to still see nicely.post-59200-13764596652456_thumb.jpgI'm pushing myself to do this mini projects of small posters of different Don't Starve characters like this. I decided to do William Carter first. This is just in pencil first but I'm going to color it next and I'm very happy with how it came out. I plan on doing WX-78 next.
  • Like 1

post-59200-13764597426007_thumb.jpgWith people making their own versions of the characters as well as OCs for Don't Starve I thought it would be interesting to do something with the things that aren't thought about as much. The first two are object heads. The first object head is of Wilson's radio. I couldn't remember the exact design because I was camping and couldn't find a reference but I think he turned out pretty neat. His name is Will for some reasons you can probably figure out. The second object head is of Maxwell's Phonograph where the actual head part is the metal and the neck to shoulder area is the base. His name is Graf. The third one is a personified version of Maxwell's Nightmare throne and I feel rather proud of him.

post-59200-13764597425245_thumb.jpg

post-59200-13764597425631_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

A King's Reality

William sat looking down. Hands gently gripped the arms of the throne. At his feet a phonograph played a song as the dark shadows wrapped around his wrists tightly and dug in. He groaned slightly as they twisted into him. The former magician could feel the blood seep from the puncture wounds. Gripping the arms tighter the soft pat of blood could be heard near him as tears ran down his cheeks.

William felt so stupid.

Why did he do this? Why did he take this? Why did he ever agree to it? He had all the power he wanted, all the magic he would want. He had this place now but it hurt. It hurt so much. It hurt so much to even just sit in his throne.

William whimpered and cried out as more dug into him until they released him. He looked at the torn flesh of his arms an let out a cry of pain as he stood up. The shadows wavered and shot up around him from the massive amount of emotion given off from the man. He held his head and pulled at his hair. William felt so angry right now with himself and everything else.

"This isn’t what I wanted! I wanted power not pain!" He cried collapsing to his knees.

Then he heard a voice. Whispers.

"William. Oh dear William. You do have power. A little pain is nothing my dear. Don’t you see this pain is nothin like what you have felt before. All the ignorance. The people who didn’t believe in you? Then you found the book darling. You have to give up the last and go forward with a new identity."

Hands came up and wiped away his tears and gently grasped his chin almost lovingly. Another grasped his wrists and gently lifted him up. William looked at the hands and listened.

"You can do so much now. Think of it all my darling. You won’t have to listen to anyone now. You can show them all. Now get up my dear and show them all!"

William gritted his teeth “you’re right. A little pain is nothing as long as I gain from it. I worked hard to get where I am!" He cried feeling a stronger surge of power run through him. Battered clothes fixed themselves and the wounds on his wrists healed slowly but surely. William laughed a little. The voice was right. He could do it. He really could now. He was king here, he was in control now.

The voice laughed as William wiped at his face making the glasses fall. The former magician stepped forward listening to the glass crack he smirked a little bit the shadows rising up.

"Time to start the show."

"That’s my boy."

Bloody Magic

Every show was perfect. Beautiful in his opinion. He got every audience member to join each time and the sounds they made were just music to his ears. It gave him a delightful chill. And the color they all made was simply to die for. He couldn’t wait and all of their parts oh how magnificent when revealed. William couldn’t wait for each new show each time with beautiful new volunteers.

William stood up in stage spot light shining down upon him a deep red curtain behind him. He performed all of his normal tricks until he asked for a volunteer. That’s when a different kind of trick was going to be performed. One like they’ve never seen. William moved behind his lovely lady volunteer and spoke.

"Ladies and gentlemen I’m going to make this woman’s heart appear before your very eyes!"

A mumble when through the crowd until a scream ripped the air. A smirk came across William’s lips as a shadow flushed hand was pushed trough the woman’s chest and clutched in his hand was a red ad still slightly pulsing heart. Pulling back the woman dropped as blood pooled at his feet. Hand covered with red ad a beautiful object in his hand. What a nice magic trick he did.

The audience screamed and dashed for the doors only to find them locked. William hummed a tune and swayed happily towards the stage edge leaving a trail of red foot prints.

"Come now the show isn’t finished yet. I plan on using to all as volunteers my dears~" he said in a sing song like voice only to laugh in delight as multitudes of shadows rose up and grabbed at the men and women. Each one dying in a different way and the magician enjoyed all the splatter as it sprayed.

A torn limb here, spilled guys there. Ripped out lungs, torn to pieces, decapitation, bones torn out, even brain on the floor. The magician though it was fabulous “Oh thank you all for volunteering. You have made me produce a wonderful show tonight. I thank you all for your help~"

William bowed and laughed as he straightened his blood soaked suit. Getting a clean cloth he wiped at the blood spatter on his glasses and whistled hopping over limbs and bodies among the aisle examine it all. One woman was still alive and a smirk came as he watched her try to crawl away with only one leg and half of her stomach hanging out. William whistled his tune and slowly followed behind before reaching down and grabbed a fistful of hair “What pretty eyes you have. I’m going to make those and this pretty head of yours disappear right off of your shoulders."

Gloved hands turned claw like and with dark power he easily removed her eyes slowly before tearing the woman’s head off slowly listening to final screams before dropping her. Gloves removed he ran his fingers through the thick red substance that covered the theater grinning.

"What a beautiful magic show. Wouldn’t you all agree?"

Crimson Tricks

"Magic isn’t real!"

"Your shows are a lie!"

"You’re no magician!"

"Show us a real trick!"

"Liar!"

"Sham!"

All of those things and so much more. It hurt him. He hated it. He didn’t want to hear them. He wasn’t a liar. He wasn’t a sham. His magic was real and he would show them. He would show them all one day. They would see magic is real. They would all get what would be coming to them as those horrid words rattled around in his head.

Next show came and he stood on stage. He performed the same tricks until something was thrown at him and he was called things like the ones in his head. The bespectacled man did not like this. It was the last straw. He would tolerate it no longer.

"Want to see a real magic trick? Fine."

A swipe of his arm in the air and the throat of an audience member opened up. This caused a scream, an uproar. But no one could get away as more and more shadows cut and pierced and dragged everyone away. A dark smirk and laughter erupted from the magician an insane look in his eye “You all said you wanted real magic! So here it is! Real magic is nothing to be made fun of and you all are experiencing it now!" He cried as he continued to laugh as a spray of blood splattered onto him.

A hand wiped at the blood and he watched how it pooled on the ground. A darker laugh came from him “What a beautiful magic trick this is indeed."

Maxwell woke with a start from the dream. His heart was beating in his chest as the grip on his throne got tighter. He stood up slowly as the throne gently released him from its hold and he looked and watched flames dance from the pillars. A growls escaped his throat before a dark smirk came to him as he remembered the crimson.

"They deserved it. Every last one of them."

A Brother's Love

Jack couldn’t believe it. He didn’t want to believe it. How could he do such things? This wasn’t the man he knew. This wasn’t the one he called brother. This wasn’t William. Seeing his dear brother become this…. It broke his heart. Ever since William came to him he had been different he watched him turn into this….. thing. A power hungry creature bent on showing everyone that magic was real. To show that he wasn’t someone to be stepped upon no more.

This power scared Jack. William scared him but his brother kept assuring him that everything was alright, that he was in control. But Jack knew better. He could see how these dark powers ate at him, his sanity. William was growing more an more violent, sadistic and cruel even. Even to his own brother at times. Jack regretted greatly not trying to stop him sooner. He didn’t want to see William like this.

Going up to him Jack pulled at the other man but this only seemed to anger him.

"What the hell are you doing?!"

"William… William please stop this!" He yelled “This isn’t you! You’re not whatever this is! That book, this darkness has poisoned your mind and soul!"

Jack looked at him pleadingly “Please stop. I love you and I don’t want you to destroy yourself. For me please stop this madness before it gets out of control!"

A dark look came over William’s face and a hard smack to Jack’s cheek had him flying back. The other man held his cheek and he could see the dark aura around his brother.

"Don’t you tell me what to do!" He yelled “I will no longer by something to step on you hear me! No one will stop me. Not even you, Jack!" William cried pointing an accusing finger at him “You were always the favorite. You always got nice things. You have it perfect with a steady job, money, a wife and kids!"

William moved closer threatening hands pulling and clawing at Jack making him cry out “While it was always me trailing behind! Frail and weak William. William who was always over looked. William who no one paid attention to, no one wanted to be friends with William, no one loved William!"

"But I love you! You’re my brother and I’ve always looked after you!" He cried after a hand dug into him.

"Lies!" He shrieked. A gloved hand grabbed his throat and squeezed “you never cared. If you had you would have helped but no. I had to work for this. To get where I am and no one is going to take this away!"

William squeezed and Jack clawed a his hand desperate for air but William was too strong. He saw the malice and anger in his eyes and with final breath he spoke.

"I…. Love you…. Brother…. Please…. Don’t lose yourself…. Please…. For me…. William…."

Jack went limp. William’s anger died ad slowly turned to concern. Hand released and he looked at his brother’s limp form. Gasping he dropped to his knees and shook him “Jack…. Jack wake up… I didn’t mean it…. Please come back…." He whispered tears falling.

A surge of anger welled up in him and an inhuman cry spilled from his mouth. In a swirl of shadow he was gone along with Jack’s body leaving nothing behind.

Free From Hell but not from the Heart

Maxwell was free. Finally free from it all. No longer trapped on that throne. No longer trapped in that damned world. No more! He was out. Back in the real world but…. As the former demon stood he felt lost. He had certainly been gone for a long time. So much longer than he had realized.

Things have changed, evolved and developed. Things were now longer how they were in his memory. Maxwell felt as lost as a child getting separated from their mother. He didn’t know what to do. But coming back to his sense he stepped long side people and out of the way hand going to his suit pocket and pulled out a thin card. His eyes widened as he recognized it.

It was one of the first post cards he had gotten from Jack upon his arrival to the states. Reading the back of it he remembered how his brother seemed so happy about his arrival and how excited he would be if he came to visit. Grip tightening he couldn’t help but to wonder.

"Maybe…."

Looking at the address Maxwell managed to get himself a train ticket. He was hesitant to step on but he did so anyway and was on his way to California to see if maybe He was still there. Maxwell needed to know, needed to see. Any sense of what used to be the demon in his hell from before left him at that very moment as a sense of family and need consumed him. Almost as if William was coming back to see his brother and not an aged stranger. That is…. If Jack was still there.

Hours later he arrived at the station and got rides to the home in the sunny state. But when he got there the home looked desolate. Lonely….. Abandoned. Like no one has lived there in a long time. A tightening in his chest came as he opened the old boarded door and walked in.

Dust covered everything but the place looked like someone just up an left everything behind. Like they didn’t want the memories. Maxwell walked through dusting off the old and worn portraits. He wondered why no one bought this place or did anything with the stuff but he felt somewhat glad that it was still here but a sadness fell upon him like a heavy weight before a sudden surge of anger. Taking the picture in his hand he threw it against the wall listening to the glass shatter and the dust puff up. Maxwell was upset and angry at himself for all of this. For how foolish he was. All those wasted years gone!

Maxwell settled down quickly as the sadness sank in and he left the house thinking of coming back to it. He had a new goal and he had a feeling of knowing where to look.

Maxwell arrived in the lonely place looking among the markers. He was hoping he wouldn’t find it. He so desperately was. But then he stopped at one and his hope sank as he looked at the headstone. He sank down to his knees as he looked a the name and dates and tears that he didn’t think he no longer had came down his cheeks. Maxwell kept reading the name Jack Carter over and over again and felt a wave of feelings wash over him. He didn’t want to feel this way.

He missed it all. He missed everything. He ruined everything and he knew it. Maxwell ruined his own life and he certainly ruined his brother’s life too and he knew it. A cry of anger and anguish escaped his throat and he stayed there until it suddenly started to rain. The man let it soak through to his very bones before he stood up.

He was never going to see his brother again.

"I’m sorry Jack…." he whispered touching the gravestone. Maxwell no longer felt like himself. He just felt like an empty shell who of a man.

"Please forgive me."

A warm glow came from the house in the night. Someone was still up at such a late hour. A man sitting in a chair and a pair of circular wire framed glasses rested on his face. A small sigh escaped his lips as he closed the book in his hand resting his cheek against his hand. The man stood and walked around the quiet home looking among the pictures. Clean and restored it all was. Almost completely brand new. The man stopped in front of a mirror and watched himself silently before softly speaking.

"Let’s see if you don’t ruin the rest of your life, William Carter. Maybe Jack can forgive you then."

Conversations to Last

Based on a Skype group conversation.

Maxwell sat in his throne a small smile actually on his face. He lifted the small radio into his lap and gently turned the dials until he could no longer hear static. Until he heard a familiar voice come through. The demon knew he would have it set to the right channel. Just like he promised he would. That was Jack. Always keeping his promises, always so nice and helpful. It saddened him a little that he could not see his brother and all bit talk to him through the radio. Drumming his fingers against the wood Maxwell spoke.

"Jack? Jack are you there?" He asked knowing he would hear. He heard some shuffling around before he head another voice.

"William? William it’s so nice to hear your voice. I was almost thinking you wouldn’t remember our daily chat. I still find it strange you can contact me through the radio."

Maxwell chuckled “Yes but I’m still able to speak to you am I not?"

"True. Hey, William?"

"Yes?"

"You know we haven’t seen you in awhile. I was thinking maybe you could come over. We haven’t seen you in awhile. And with the twins missing….. It would be nice to have family together."

Maxwell’s grip tightened gently on the radio but he spoke calmly “I’ll see what I can do, Jack. I promise."

Jack was happy about this and they continued to converse like they did. Maxwell made up stories about what was going on with him while Jack told him all about what was going on. They did his everyday or as often as they could. Until one day Maxwell turned on his radio and called for Jack and found no answer. This confused him. Jack was always home at this time. Maxwell continued to call for him. Maybe he went out for something special today? The demon let it go for today. He was concerned when Jack continued to not answer him the following days.

"Jack?…. Jack answer me. You haven’t answered me in days. It’s almost been a week….. Please Jack. Talk to me. Did I do something wrong? If I did please tell me and we can talk about it."

Talking to Jack was one of the things that was keeping him sane. He didn’t know what was going on but he didn’t want to upset his brother and no longer converse. Maxwell needed to hear his brother and he needed to come back soon.

This worrisome attitude stayed with him. He continued to tell the silence about his day until he started to get frustrated. Why wasn’t Jack answering him? Did he hate him? He would not tolerate being ignored like this. Maxwell simply would not have it.

"Jack! Jack I know you’re there! Why won’t you answer me?! It’s William and I know you can hear me. Don’t you ignore me, Jack. All I want to do is talk to you and you ignore me like this?! I will not tolerate it" he growled.

Maxwell continued to say such messages until a fateful day in a fit of rage of Jack not answering him once again he threw the radio down watching how the wood split and the insides fall out. The demon stopped and looked at what he had done. Getting on his knees he desperately picked up all the parts and pieces and using his power he put it back together and frantically searched for the station he needed. Maxwell heard the silence he had been hearing an his hands shook.

"J-Jack….. Jack…. If…. If you can hear me I…. I’m sorry for all I’ve said. I didn’t mean it. I didn’t meant to be so upset and angry at you. I understand if you’re busy. Please don’t be angry at me…. I’m just…. Lonely Jack and these conversations with you keep me sane at times….."

Nothing. No response.

"Jack…. It’s me William…. Please don’t leave me all alone now….. Come back….. Please…. For me?"

• Like 1