Where is the bridge?

Currently I'm on my fifth attempt at 'don't starve' and I'm at day 110. I've searched the entire map (including the edges) and I can't find 'the bridge' which lets you go to other islands. I've seen it in gameplay videos on youtube and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Could someone help me out?

Now i have heard other ppl say they didnt ahve a single bridge either, but ive never managed to create a world myself with this problem. I guess if u really dont have bridges all u can do is create a new world and start over again :(

@ladyD i see u passed the 1000 posts! Congrats m'Lady!

Ah. I thought so.

What you have is a bridgeless map. They are rare.

What happens is all the circles- which are islands overlap and so no bridges are involved.

Make a new world and next time they might be all spread out by bridges.

I'd count yourself lucky for getting a bridgeless world. They quickly lose their novelty when you realize all they do is slow down progress. With a single landmass I visit and make use of the entire world. With a bunch of bridges I find myself ignoring most of the landmass and only using the minimum I can get away with.

Well bridgeless maps to tend to miss certain recources because of they way the are generated. Other times you have one huge island that is for a large part swamp. With a world that has bridges you generally have all resources and biomes in the world.

Well bridgeless maps to tend to miss certain recources because of they way the are generated. Other times you have one huge island that is for a large part swamp. With a world that has bridges you generally have all resources and biomes in the world.

Oh, then I think im going to make a new world.

Say, does makinga new world delete my science progress? or is it the same me just other world?

Well from the looks of things there will be a new research system implemented in january. You can read more about it here:

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/showthread.php?1822-New-Research-Plan. Short version of it is that there will be no more research points and recipes to unlock with those points and that you build prototype versions and after that regular versions in each world.

Honestly speaking the map you got is quite lucky indeed since you have all of the resources available on just one HUGE piece of land rather than have small islands which take some time to navigate in.

I've managed to generate this bridgeless world too and I'm loving the experience.

i hate bridges...byt the time u crossed one, u lost half the day time -.- quiet annoying

And that is my main gripe with them, they should offer something interesting, like a special monster on the bridge or so, that would make bridges fun.